So- some moron reported me to code enforcement...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zorm
    304 AMC
    • Apr 08, 1997

X2 what e_digg said. How about throwing some cati around it and call it landscape.
    83 Cherokee 4dr WT(axles) 4" lift, 351w, nv3550, NP208, installing soon

65 Corvair Corsa Convertible, 4 speed, 140 quad carb engine

71 F-250 Camper Special (in rewire stage)

HE guides my path, forgives me when I stray and lights my life.

Comment

• Brizio
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • Apr 11, 2008

build a little barn or a cover or something so and park the GW into it. One time I had the same issue with the homeowner association, they send me a letter because I had a non running car parked on the driveway. I think someone reported it too, because the car is in good condition, but need some engine work, but from the outside looks good, plus it was repainted 5 years ago. any way, I moved it in the back yard. Finished the work on it and now is back on the road (running) .
      brizios.com
      Small Scale Jeeps
      Brizios

Comment

• CROCKETTBOONE
        350 Buick
        • Jan 14, 2005

You know that "out of nowhere" is the most dangerous place in the world. Thats where many people blame something hitting them, scaring them, or shooting them.
        An opinion is just that, an opinion. A fact is a fact, and thought to be true. Please dont confuse an opinion with a fact. Life: Its sexually transmitted and always Fatal.

Comment

• gsmikie
          Auto Trannie God
          • Feb 18, 2001

Originally posted by AnnieL
          Is that a PAVED road I see? If so, I'm envious! I love open desert...looks like a great spot, what's the elevation?
          im at 800 ft got a new dbl wide on 2.2 ac with under ground 200 amp service in the house a well and septic along with a paved road for a whopping $20.000 bought it off the internet at hud homes .com
          I\'ve seen gsmikie\'s video for the TH400 and thought it was just awful.watching a guy tear down a greasy pile of metal in a junkyard. it dosent have to be surrounded by water to be an island

Comment

• Bill Moore
            304 AMC
            • May 22, 2006

Originally posted by gsmikie
            im at 800 ft got a new dbl wide on 2.2 ac with under ground 200 amp service in the house a well and septic along with a paved road for a whopping $20.000 bought it off the internet at hud homes .com
            wow, thats even cheep for around here.

Sorry to hear about your Kommiefornia woes Annie. Move to Az, has be be better there.

I once received some "junkyard" hate mail from the closest small town, but the joke was on them, Im just outside the city limits!

Get some 2 inch foam sheets and build a cover over it and paint a fountain on the side facting the road, no one should be without a parts truck, you will need it as soon as its gone.
            DDs
            67 KJ715 4bt AA OD 465 np205
            78 J20 Chevy 305 nv4500 np205

Projects

Sons Build 1980 short bed J10, j20 axles, 4bt, nv4500, np205, shortened M715 bed and fenders

Freedom is not Free, it is paid for with Blood

Comment

• rockrollin
              258 I6
              • Apr 19, 2012

X2 on the "fence it".
              OI!IIII!IO "I like fun" Eddie Ott
              Clawed 90 GW
              Slightly off stock

Comment

• Cherokeeowner
                258 I6
                • Jul 25, 2010

Here it just has to have current tags. Doesn't matter if it runs or not as long as it's not in the street.
                Member FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

"Proud to be prissy."

1988 Grand Wagoneer

1986 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

• Bob J
                  232 I6
                  • Oct 31, 2003

rent a storage garage for a month, move parts rig there.
                  laugh as the ticket goes away.
                  build temporary car shelter, move parts rig there.
                  live happily ever after.
                  1984 AMC Eagle

Comment

• COLOFIREMAN
                    Gone,But not Forgotten.
                    • Apr 09, 2005

get a copy of the code...in my former life I was a brother of the blue and was one to enforce those silly codes. I can yell you that most violations can be fought by request a court day as far out as can be scheduled....this will allow you to pull parts and deal with the vehicle in your time frame.....or build a fence to block it from public view. Most code regulation are written with one sentence to explain how it is offensive to a code enforcement officer or the reporting party. Reasonable and prudent. If a reasonable person cannot see the offending subject from a place another reasonable person could see it then said person is not in violation.

Just a thought....look in to the code and read prior codes cases on it.
                    Jason in the Mountains
                    1978 J10 LB,OE 4-speed,4:10's,4BBl,and just 85K(daily driver)
                    1988 Grand Waggy 8" lift 35" A/T's (under construction)
                    1984 CJ7 12" lift 39" Iroks 1 tons
                    1979 Cherokee Super Chief (under construction )
                    1974 J-10 LB Buick 455 BB 4" lift 33" BFG tires
                    1973 J-4800 LB plow truck 7" lift 255/85/16 LT Truxs MT's

Comment

• fireman91186
                      350 Buick
                      • Aug 26, 2008

I just got the same notice last week. Along with three others all at the same time. Stupid retired people have nothing better to do then complain about something.
                      I was also told that I had to remove the basket ball hoop from the front yard or at least off of the side walk.
                      79 cherokee W/T 360 T-18 trans dana 20 transfercase with custom 1.5 spring hangers in front 4" springs in rear 33" swampers
                      78 cherokee chief W/T stock running but barely.
                      2002 stock chevy 4x4 1500 hd

Comment

• AnnieL
                        304 AMC
                        • Nov 07, 2004

If I could get a fence up that fast that would withstand 90 MPH winds, I would! I also got nailed for the brush in my yard, which is RIDICULOUS...All of it was cleared in the fall...covered with 45EPDM rubber sheets and cinderblocked so it wouldn't blow around. We are supposed to be allowed to burn with a permit which I have, but due to fire being paranoid, won't let us...so I've been waiting, and waiting to burn this stuff...and now I get cited for that as well? Unfreakinbelievable. It is NOT a mess...it's five huge covered piles that I can do nothing with until I can use the stupid burn permit I paid for! Shaking my head here! All I have is chain link, I'm on several acres...sort of hard to hide things behind chain link fencing. Argh! I really want to hang on to this parts rig, I KNOW I am going to be sorry if I let it go...I just hate this! I know who ratted me out, some new neighbor who just moved up here from the LA area...NOT a good idea to screw around with your desert neighbors, we don't do things that way here. Gotta problem? Come knock on my front door and let's discuss it...DO NOT snitch...period. My rules are if children, the elderly or animal abuse is occurring I am the first one to pick up the phone...anything else? Nope...nope...nope!
                        ~AnnieL ~

"I think, therefore I'm single.?

Director: Mojave Desert Animal Rescue
                        http://www.AnimalResQ.org

~'89 GW- "Harsh Mistress " BJ's 4 Inch Lift, 31" Bridgestone REVOS, Quick Disconnect Swaybars, Pro Comp shocks...and...crappy paint!

Comment

• AnnieL
                          304 AMC
                          • Nov 07, 2004

Originally posted by fireman91186
                          I just got the same notice last week. Along with three others all at the same time. Stupid retired people have nothing better to do then complain about something.
                          I was also told that I had to remove the basket ball hoop from the front yard or at least off of the side walk.
                          A basketball hoop? REALLY!? That's pitiful. Perhaps they prefer the kids running amok on the streets acting like little hood rats --rather than playing a game of ball?
                          ~AnnieL ~

~'89 GW- "Harsh Mistress " BJ's 4 Inch Lift, 31" Bridgestone REVOS, Quick Disconnect Swaybars, Pro Comp shocks...and...crappy paint!

Comment

• AnnieL
                            304 AMC
                            • Nov 07, 2004

33.1230 Duty to Abate.

No person shall cause, permit, maintain, conduct or otherwise allow an abandoned, dismantled, inoperative, junked, or wrecked vehicle or parts thereof to be openly stored, within the unincorporated area of San Bernardino County. It shall be the duty of every owner, and/or occupant, in control of any land located within the unincorporated area of San Bernardino County to remove, abate, and prevent the recurrence of open storage of such a vehicle. Any recurrence of such condition of a specific vehicle on the same property may be deemed a continuation of the original condition and additional notification requirements under ยงยง 33.1240 and 33.1290 shall not be required.

(2) Accumulations of junk, trash, waste, debris, garbage, rubbish and related materials as set forth more specifically at Chapter 8 (Waste Management) herein and including: scrap metals, scrap lumber, scrap plastic or polymer materials, scrap building materials, scrap pipe or plumbing fixtures, junked appliances or furniture, dismantled, junked, or wrecked motor vehicles, machinery, or equipment or parts thereof, rags, bedding, tree and landscape trimmings, rope, waste oil, batteries, paper, rubber, and similar accumulations under conditions incompatible with their originally intended use or location as set forth more specifically in the planning and zoning laws of this jurisdiction, or otherwise in any manner detrimental to the public health.

So...there ya go... And I have ten days...before the Nazis return. Ugh.
                            ~AnnieL ~

Comment

• MMinMN
                              232 I6
                              • Nov 30, 2009

Enclosed Trailer

I would pick up an enclosed trailer, they are nice to have, its a quick solution, and look good.

I see a company in Wisc. selling an 02 for about 2.5K, that needs some work from snow load damage(fix with a jack) 8x20+ ft tandem axles, and brakes.

just a thought
                              1979 Cherokee Chief W/T - M/T: Project
                              1987 Grand Wagoneer W/Excellent Interior: Project Donor
                              And the past:
                              1979 Bronze Cherokee Golden Eagle W/T - 360 A/T
                              1978 Charcoal Gray Cherokee Chief W/T - 401 A/T
                              1966 Navy Wagoneer w/Vigilante 327 M/T

Comment

• MMinMN
                                232 I6
                                • Nov 30, 2009

Originally posted by AnnieL
                                No person shall........openly stored,
                                This appears to be the section that you can play with by concealment.
                                1979 Cherokee Chief W/T - M/T: Project
                                1987 Grand Wagoneer W/Excellent Interior: Project Donor
                                And the past:
                                1979 Bronze Cherokee Golden Eagle W/T - 360 A/T
                                1978 Charcoal Gray Cherokee Chief W/T - 401 A/T
                                1966 Navy Wagoneer w/Vigilante 327 M/T

Comment

Working...
                                X