Progress pics and more goodies for me.. Props to JB Custom Fab...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dmntxn77
    Hey watch this...
    • Nov 19, 2004

Progress pics and more goodies for me.. Props to JB Custom Fab...

My jeep is well under way, and well under the knife. I will do a quick recap here for those of you who dont visit the off-road section..

I finished (mostly) the one ton swap..

Then I designed a front winch bumper, and had it made by a guy who does AMAZING work... Those of you who like it, will have to opportunity to buy one soon...

Now, the same guy is working on my cage. I have not seen it yet, but I should have some good progress pics by Saturday.

THEN, today I got my new twin-stick set-up from JB Custom Fabworks in Salem OR. These guys are amazing!! I originaly bought the twin-stick set-up to go in my 79 Chief, and I was not real pleased with how short the sticks were. I talked to them, and they were quick to offer to mod them for me. Then, I ended up swapping to the 75 Chief which has a 3" body lift. JB Fab was happy to let me change the measurements that I originally gave them (for the 79); to fit my new application. They only charged me $30 (wich includes the work and shipping back to me) to add 5"s before the sticks come through the floor, and another 6"s after the last bend before the knob..

Here are a couple pics of how the first design fit. You can see how it barely cleared the floor (without any BL), and how they were still a bit hard to reach.

Here is how they looked before install..

Here is how the new set looks before intall..

I will get pics of them installed once I find time to swap my T18/D20 into the new Chief..

Shipping on the box was over $7.. How much do you guys think 22"s of stainless steel solid stock costs? My guess is they took a loss on the mods just to make sure that I was happy with the product.. You dont get sevice like that everyday!
  • J10Mike
    Delightfully Incompetent
    • Jun 04, 2003

Wow...You have been a busy boy. Very nice.
    Is that a Dodge or a Chevy D60 up front?
    www.j10mike.com
    Former - 1982 J10 Sportside, 360, TFI, 727/208, J20 axles, D44HD/Detroit TruTrac, D60/Detroit Locker, D60 disk brake conversion, 4.10s, 5 inch Superlift, 35x12.5x16.5 BFGs on AR767 Wheels. Procomp Super Seats. MileMarker 9000 on Cliffhanger front bumper. Dozer II rear bumper. Rhino Grill conversion. NP208 floor shifter conversion.

Comment

• Dmntxn77
      Hey watch this...
      • Nov 19, 2004

The D60 front and D70 rear are from a 1975 Dodge W300 DRW C&C truck ($800 for the pair.. )
      Last edited by Dmntxn77; 01-24-2008, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• jaber
        Dragin Az
        • Oct 17, 2003

Looking SWEET. Been watching your progress so I can finish the list for mine. I've got an HD-44 front and 14 bolt with a 205 in between them. Still working on the rest, but slowly getting there. Thanks for the insperation.......
        Jeff

'43 cj2a
        '51 Willys p/u
        '51 Willys Parkway Conversion
        '68 Panel Delivery
        '74 CJ5
        '75 J-20 Wrecker
        '75 J-20 Cummins service bed
        '77 J-10 p/u
        '79 Cherokee
        '88 Grand Wagoneer
        '98 Grand Cherokee

Comment

• Lindel
          Perfesser of Jeepology
          • Jun 15, 2000

Looking good Robert!
          Jeep Grounds
          RRV Homepage
          Texas Full Size Jeep Association
          1987 Grand Wagoneer
          AMC 360/TF727/NP229
          1999 Wrangler Sport
          4.0L/AX-15/NV231

?Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction? by Ronald Reagan.

Formerly of DFW/Gun Barrel City, TX - eventually to return...

Comment

• Eugene 1
            304 AMC
            • Feb 04, 2006

looks great man
            JEEP
            2005 Ram 1500 HemI

Comment

• J10Mike
              Delightfully Incompetent
              • Jun 04, 2003

Originally posted by Dmntxn77
              The D60 front and D70 rear are from a 1975 Dodge W300 DRW C&C truck ($800 for the pair.. )
              Good deal...I picked up a pair of 78 Dodge D60s (D60HD rear) for $400 recently. It's going in my RC project. I'm in the process of rebuilding them now.
              Say...Are those the old Selectro locking hubs?
              www.j10mike.com
              Former - 1982 J10 Sportside, 360, TFI, 727/208, J20 axles, D44HD/Detroit TruTrac, D60/Detroit Locker, D60 disk brake conversion, 4.10s, 5 inch Superlift, 35x12.5x16.5 BFGs on AR767 Wheels. Procomp Super Seats. MileMarker 9000 on Cliffhanger front bumper. Dozer II rear bumper. Rhino Grill conversion. NP208 floor shifter conversion.

Comment

• Dmntxn77
                Hey watch this...
                • Nov 19, 2004

Originally posted by J10Mike
                Good deal...I picked up a pair of 78 Dodge D60s (D60HD rear) for $400 recently. It's going in my RC project. I'm in the process of rebuilding them now.
                WOW, thats an amazing price!! Does yours have 4.88s too??

Comment

• J10Mike
                  Delightfully Incompetent
                  • Jun 04, 2003

WOW, thats an amazing price!! Does yours have 4.88s too??
                  Nope...4.10s and a rear Detroit Locker.
                  www.j10mike.com

Comment

• Thomas792
                    327 Rambler
                    • Sep 16, 2007

Axles

Dmntxn77, I think I have nearly the same axle. Mine came from a 1976 D300 if I remember correctly. I like the use of the military HMMWV rims and the DRW front hubs. That was the set up I planned as very little of the hub sticks out past the wheel. It looks like it fits together really well. Did you cut the tubes down at all or are they as pulled from the W300? I'd be interested to know how much your tires stick out beyond the fender flares.
                    1974 J10 (401, Th400, Q-Trac, D44s, 28" tires)
                    Mrs Tickity - 1988 GW (360, 727, 229, D44s, 32" tires)

Comment

• krek
                      Perpetually Perplexed

• Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by J10Mike
                      Would you fellers like to share the secrets of your successful treasure hunting? I'm not finding anything nearly that nice for twice the money...
                      SuperChief Project Thread: click

The "ChopTop" Project Thread: click

Comment

• Dmntxn77
                        Hey watch this...
                        • Nov 19, 2004

Originally posted by Thomas792
                        Dmntxn77, I think I have nearly the same axle. Mine came from a 1976 D300 if I remember correctly. I like the use of the military HMMWV rims and the DRW front hubs. That was the set up I planned as very little of the hub sticks out past the wheel. It looks like it fits together really well. Did you cut the tubes down at all or are they as pulled from the W300? I'd be interested to know how much your tires stick out beyond the fender flares.
                        I did not modify the axles at all. I put a 3" spacer on the rear to line them up though..

The tires dont stick out more than an inch or two past my trimmed fenders

Originally posted by krek
                        Would you fellers like to share the secrets of your successful treasure hunting? I'm not finding anything nearly that nice for twice the money...
                        I found mine on craigslist.. They were being sold as Dodge Danish 60 axles..

Comment

• krek
                          Perpetually Perplexed

• Apr 23, 2006

I found mine on craigslist.. They were being sold as Dodge Danish 60 axles..
                          Alrighty then... I thought I had considered every possible search option on craigslist... I'll add "danish" to the list.

The rig is looking good, btw.
                          Last edited by krek; 01-24-2008, 08:02 PM.
                          SuperChief Project Thread: click

The "ChopTop" Project Thread: click

Comment

• SCscoutguy
                            327 Rambler
                            • Jul 25, 2005

I haver never paid more than $150 for a Dana 60 front axle and I have had 4 of them just ask Casey about it.....
                            John

Comment

• J10Mike
                              Delightfully Incompetent
                              • Jun 04, 2003

Originally posted by krek
                              Jeff,
                              My axles were listed on Ebay as "Old Dodge axles". There was nothing in the listing that suggested D60s. After viewing the pics, I knew they were D60s.
                              www.j10mike.com

Comment

Working...
                              X