International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Old 11-08-2002, 09:12 AM

I recently had some hesitation so I checked all the hoses first, replaced a couple busted ones, and came up with a question. I found that the hose from my diverter valve to the dual cto was gone and a hose was in its place going from the diverter valve to the nlvr. So..I have an open port on the dual cto (back of intake on passenger side). I put my finger over the port and could not feel any vacuum. Does this mean that the valve is not functioning properly? I know what cto's do but I'm not sure what the dual cto does. Should I feel vacuum at the open port? Thanks.
Jason <br /><br />\'89 GW<br />360 bored .30 over<br />TF727/NP229/d44 front and rear<br />K&N filter<br />Flowmaster Exhaust<br />Edelbrock 3731 Intake<br />Edelbrock 1406 carb<br />Summit 8600 Cam<br />TFI Upgrade<br />Too bad it\'s sitting in the garage not running....<br /><br />2004 Toyota Tacoma V6 4X4<br />K&N filter<br />Borla Exhaust<br />I love the Wag but at 210000 miles it can\'t be my daily driver anymore!
Old 11-08-2002, 09:17 AM
FSJ Maniac

To test the diverter valve, put your hand over the vent side and rev the engine, you should feel the pressure as the revs return to idle. I am a little lost on the rest of your question, however. Did you check the archives for vacume diagrams for your year?
79Cherokee Chief<br />4\" BDS Lift<br />Custom Bumper <br />33\"x 11.5\" x 15\" BFG All-Terrains"<br /> T.H. 400 B.W.1339 Quadra Trac <br />Mile marker 16% O.D.part time kit<br />360c.i. Edelbrock pkg.<br />MSD ign. & coil <br/>Bored .030 over<br />Tri-Y headers<br />stainless steel exhaust<br />mustang seats<br />Holley 4bbl