International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2013, 04:40 PM

Pinging or knocking when hot

Yesterday I got off the freeway, and when I took the first turn onto the surface streets the engine started making a pinging/knocking noise right as I turned, and stopped right after. I drove down the road a ways and it came back for a little bit while I was accelerating uphill. It came back for a little bit once again when I was turning for the last time onto the street I live on. Oil pressure is about 9 psi hot idle and I know it isn't great and I'm praying it isn't rod knock and just pinging from carbon buildup or something, but I've never had a car that did either so I don't know what either sounds like from inside the car. Thanks guys.