International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Old 09-16-2012, 06:53 AM
jamesdart

what alternator belt cs144 with york

im running the cs144 on the stock bracket, i just added a york for oba. what belts do i need? does the stock belt size work? i tried searching.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:25 AM
232 I6

I have the cs-144 on a custom bracket from member MDill with york. I am running a pair of 52" belts. As a comparison the PS belt is a 54".

From what I remember when I tried using the stock bracket you'll need a belt slightly (1/2" to 1") smaller. There is so little adjustment left on the stock bracket that I would recommend getting the new one MDill sells. Good part, good price.

Good luck with the 144, you'll love the difference once you get it spinning.

PS, make sure you defeat your ammeter.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:42 AM

I just used a piece of string around the pulleys then measured it. went to parts store and tell them what size. May take a little trial and error because different brand belts can have thicker Vs than others and ride too high in the grooves. one of those emergency adjustable fan belts will work too. Put it on, adjust to right size and take it down to the store. They'll have a device to measure it there and match it up.

1988 Waggy SOA stretched, cut, Chevy R. 4" springs in front, shackle reversed, stock springs reversed in back, Edelbrock manifold and carb, mini-spooled front, lunchbox rear, currently on spaced 35s.
www.FairbanksOffroadLions.com
Old 09-17-2012, 04:28 PM
jamesdart

ive had the cs 144 for a little while, i was able to run the same belt that was on it, only running one alternator belt and 2 ps belts. all the belts are old and make a loud hissing noise while idling. its pretty annoying. i wanted to wait to replace them till i added the york, and i plan to run the 2 belt setup.
my buddys truck died wheelin yesterday he has this huge tractor battery, tons of cranking eventually ran it down, it was pretty cool how fast my alternator charged it back up. for now i did away with the old charge wire and ran new 1/0 welding lead from alt to solenoid and starter. i think im ok for now with the ammeter? i eventually want to do the voltmeter setup too.