• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dngrs1
    327 Rambler
    • May 22, 2004

Constantly logged off!

Why is it, that as I am browsing the site, after logging in, when I find something I want to respond to, I find I have been logged off? I have to log in every couple of minutes or so. It is very irritating.
    '77 J-10 '79 CJ-7
    Arizona-The Rust Stops Here
  • Rogue
    360 AMC
    • Nov 17, 2001

I don't know exactly why - my best guess is that to save bandwidth since this site is free that possibly the board is set to auto eject people? i don't even know if that is possible. however, i have my browser remember my password and set it up to auto log me in - you may want to try that.
    Jeff - 74 Cherokee S 401/400/QT - basically stock

Comment

• testuser
      Administrator
      • Apr 09, 2000

it is a problem with you browser's settings.

Comment

• Dome
        304 AMC
        • Apr 06, 2000

Auto rejection... hmmmmmm but no, that's not it.

Are you by chance an AOL user, OR, do you know if your browser is configured to use a "proxy server" (to check in Internet Explorer, go to Tools -> Internet Options, click on the Connections tab and then click the LAN Settings button).

Also, as Rogue said, I am assuming you have checked the "Remember My Password" check box?
        83 Wagoneer Limited (R.I.P)
        360, TF727, NP228
        SOA, 35's, WT Axles, 4.10 gears, Detroit Locker

Comment

• Allen78J20
          350 Buick
          • Jan 31, 2002

I was having the same problem, but I am having other pc issues as well, Im going to re-format to fix it.

Comment

• brent
            304 AMC
            • Feb 14, 2003

I thought about this and there's TOO MUCH info you didn't mention or left out. Hope it's not too late to help.
            If you run internet security software, or even multiple programs daily, you might have to login everyday because cookies with your password, etc, will get destroyed daily. This is a setting matter. (SPYBOT, LAVASOFT, etc all have to be configured after install.)
            If you are like the sad majority of the planet like me and run IE at home, your IE internet security (in the TOOLS menu of IE) should be set at MEDIUM. This means places you go regularly will get "accepted" by the internet browser.
            If it's an external internet security program (very SMART IMHO) like Norton/MacAfee/PC-Cillin it's an easy fix. I mean EASY.
            My 2 cents. Doesnt sound in the least like an IFSJA website problem but I'm surprised by things everyday..
            Brent
            79 J10 360-T18-D20 D44's 31X10.5 Edel 1406 w/R4B, speed
            -despite thousands invested, 360 in putrid death dance-

"Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride."

Comment

• Deus
              232 I6
              • Aug 01, 2006

huh i signed in once and havint had to again for about a month, Do you delete your cookies? or have a heavy firewall?
              95 XJ (dd)
              59' Willys

Comment

• Dngrsone
                230 Tornado
                • Oct 11, 2006

Well, apparently I have been booted from this site and I don't know why. I can't get any response from the admin. I had to create a new email and profile to reregister to post here. I am formerly dngrs1. Anyway, I am using Firefox browser and I have the same problem on other sites that use the same website format, i.e. honda-acura.net. I am running two firewalls as I am high speed and don't want any intrusions but they are not to blame as I don't have this problem with other websites that are running different formats. Yes I do delete all cookies when I close the browser but I get logged off while I am typing relies such as this and it takes to long. Hopefully I won't have to relog in after typing this.................................

Comment

• Dngrsone
                  230 Tornado
                  • Oct 11, 2006

Can anyone tell me why I have been banned? I have been here for years.

Comment

• Kali
                    304 AMC
                    • Mar 29, 2005

ummm... running two firewalls is not the smartest idea. its like running two anti-virus programs at the same time... they tend to cancel each other out leaving you wide open.

for the common user windows xp firewall is satisfactory, or if you want an advanced setup that is do it yourself, try 'syagte' its free and very effective.

as far as logging out is concerned... i would venture to guess your privacy settings are set too high, so that cookies are not excepted from 3rd party websites such as this one...
                    1982 J-10 Pioneer

Check out my YouTube Channel !!
                    Check out my Instagram !!

2018 Grand Cherokee Upland

"The J-series Jeep pickups are simultaneously the ugliest and the most beautiful trucks ever made."

Comment

• Dngrsone
                      230 Tornado
                      • Oct 11, 2006

If you want to run around the internet naked, that's up to you. I wouldn't bet my bank account on XP's firewall. Like I said, it only happens on websites with this particular format. My privacy settings are on medium security and 3rd party cookies are accepted for session only.

Comment

Working...
                      X