X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Knuck
    350 Buick
    • Jun 13, 2008

Most excellent news to hear that you got it back.
    81 J20 "Mater", 401/T-18/NP208, Rhino Conversion, 4" Rusty's all-spring lift, extended length front shackles, 2" rear blocks. LT285/70r-16 M.T. Baja Claws, Front Locker, Custom Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper under construction.

Comment

• Resbum
      327 Rambler
      • Jun 16, 2010

Originally posted by loosewrenchcowboy
      Is there and reason u didnt just run the milemarker hydraulic winch the way it was designed-off the power steering pump?...
      Yep, way way too slow. The power steering pump was never designed for that purpose, so they have to slow the flow way down. By using a proper pump you can get over 20 feet a minute at max load.

Thanks Knuck
      Originally posted by Resbum
      "What year is my truck?... Which part?" Build thread- http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/view...p=18290#p18290

Comment

• Resbum
        327 Rambler
        • Jun 16, 2010

Put off but not forgotten

07-02-2015 09:09 AM

Holy Buckets! That's the date of my last post.

I'm sorry to all of you who followed and encouraged me through my build. I didn't mean to drop the ball on you all.

I just paid for an imageshack "premium" account, where all of my pictures were hosted from. I got a computer generated answer from them saying it could take up to 24 hours for my pics to reappear (currently even I can't see them). With luck imageshack will be true to their word. If not, it will be a long process of rebuilding the pics in this thread.

As for the status of my build... it's still here, and not forgotten. In Nov 2015 I hurt my back just as I finished the walls of my shop. By mid-Feb I was a week away from back surgery when it finally started to get better, and the surgery was put off. So, Jan, Feb, Mar, and Apr 2016 the winter weather, and my back, kept me from making progress on my shop. I then was able to get some work done on the shop while also working on any number of other things I do on a daily basis living off-grid, through the summer. Then... On 23 Aug, 2016 I was extremely stoked!!!!! That morning over coffee I FINALLY called and placed an order for the 29 spans I need for my shop's roof, to be picked up early the next week.

Five hours later I broke my foot. It took me 18 hours to gimp myself off my property and make it into Bend, OR., 96 miles away. Since I couldn't easily live out there on my property with a busted foot I packed up and came back up to WA., and crashed at my parents house, where I'm currently writing this from. A week ago I started walking again with a shoe on my foot. I plan on heading home sometime this coming week. As I pass through Bend I'll stop and resubmit my order for the roof spans.

My goal is to have the truck parked back under a shop roof by Thanksgiving.

So, that's what life has been like for me over the last 14 months. Let's hope my pics reappear in the thread some time in the next 24 hours.

Resbum
        "What year is my truck?... Which part?" Build thread- http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/view...p=18290#p18290

Comment

• ColeTrickle
          360 AMC
          • Nov 13, 2000

So????

How's the truck coming?
          J-trucks with Brows RULE!!!

Comment

• Resbum
            327 Rambler
            • Jun 16, 2010

Holy buckets.

Thank you all for keeping my thread alive. I just popped in to post to "Project Alice" and noticed this thread is less than 500 views away from 100,000 views. Thanks.

Don't give up on me and GLADI8R. We will continue at some point. I'm actually in the middle of some life changes that will make it more likely to start back up soon.

Resbum

Comment

• Resbum
              327 Rambler
              • Jun 16, 2010

Just a quick update. After 4 years of trying to get this piece of off-grid property up and running I've said F*#^ this property. A lot of things have been on hold, not just the Jeep. Ironically, the property is the one thing in the universe that hasn't been responsible for one 4 month delay after another.

I've only decided and started putting steps in place a week ago, so I don't know a lot of specifics. What I can tell everyone here is that I AM MOVING TO SOMEPLACE THAT ALREADY HAS A F****** SHOP ALREADY BUILT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It may take a year to get roots really planted back in town and back to work on hobbies, but I WILL BE picking this project and thread back up at some point in the not to distant future, when 3D life has me back to where I can pick up where we left off.

Sorry, I've left everyone hanging for four Years. Resbum

.... and yes I know pics are missing. I'll address that too. I had to put my pics in two accounts in imagesack and one account drops and I have to go there and dick around every time to get them hosting again. I'll fix that issue in the future also.

Comment

• ColeTrickle
                360 AMC
                • Nov 13, 2000

What a ride!

Just glad that your still motivated.

I'm anxiously waiting for the finished product.

J-trucks with Brows RULE!!!

Comment

• Resbum
                  327 Rambler
                  • Jun 16, 2010

Good to see you still here, Cole.

Comment

• Resbum
                    327 Rambler
                    • Jun 16, 2010

Original post no longer applies. Stay tuned.

Resbum
                    Last edited by Resbum; 04-30-2018, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• Resbum
                      327 Rambler
                      • Jun 16, 2010

I am so miffed at this instant. I just deleted a long update while trying to save a copy of it.

I still have the truck

I now have a barn I need to put a concrete floor in next summer so I can turn it into my shop.

This build may still be in a coma, but it's not dead, yet.

Resbum

Comment

• scout4bta
                        258 I6
                        • Apr 26, 2018

I am so miffed at this instant. I just deleted a long update while trying to save a copy of it.
                        I still have the truck
                        I now have a barn I need to put a concrete floor in next summer so I can turn it into my shop.
                        Resbum
                        As a newbie your post was one of the first I started reading. Good to hear it ain't dead yet!
                        1989 GW/91.5 Dodge W250 CTD flatbed/ 06 Ford Crown Vic Police Intercepter/05 Jeep Liberty Diesel.

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                          Administrator
                          • Oct 31, 2016

WOO HOO!!!! Looking forward to some updates!
                          Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                          (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                          (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                          79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                          (Cherokee Build Thread)
                          11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                          09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                          00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• Resbum
                            327 Rambler
                            • Jun 16, 2010

To any of you reading this because you're still getting new post notifications to this thread,.. thanks for hanging in there.

It's been another year since my last post. In that year I had to concentrate on my new to me home. It's needed some work done to last me well into retirement. I've also spent the year considering how to move forward on the Jeep.

Since age 14 I've been a fabricating wrench turner guy. Not a bodywork guy. I was learning bodywork on the fly during this build. Learning and doing bodywork didn't really float my boat. I have the highest respect for good bodywork professionals now. I just don't enjoy it as much as I enjoy fabricating and turning wrenches.

When I start the project back up I'm going to hand it off to a body shop to finish the sheet metal, paint, and fitment of everything. Once that's done I'll take the truck back and finish putting it all together.

Today I had a chance run in with the owner of a body shop I know about 30 miles from me. We had a very general conversation about what I was thinking. Based on what was said, it will most likely be several months before things move forward,... but movement is finally happening again.

Resbum

Comment

• Tigger4X
                              AMC 4 OH! 1
                              • Nov 16, 2001

. . . . .

It's been another year since my last post. In that year I had to concentrate on my new to me home. It's needed some work done to last me well into retirement. I've also spent the year considering how to move forward on the Jeep.

. . . . .
                              Hey Resbum,

I just stumbled onto this thread again and thought I'd reach out to see how you are doing. Its almost an annual event now. :laughing: Hoping to hear back and that all is well on your end.

Waving a hand from the west in Springfield/Eugene 🧔🏼👋🏻
                              Originally posted by will e
                              Keep in mind. Getting old is easy. Being old is hard.
                              Post #14 ~ http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...=1#post1580206

Comment

• Resbum
                                327 Rambler
                                • Jun 16, 2010

Thanks for checking in Tigger4X. Sorry for the delayed reply. The email notification saying you posted got directed to my spam box.

One word. COVID. I was unable to get a foundation under my barn/outbuilding last summer. That's now the goal for this summer. Until that gets done I have nowhere to work on the truck. It makes no sense to send the truck off to the body shop to get that part finished until then.

The truck has now sat enough years that I'm going to tear it most of the way back apart to make sure everything is still in good shape. Especially the engine. At the very least, I need to pull the head to check the cylinders.

As of now, the goal is to have it parked indoors by the end of next fall so I can work on it over next winter.

It's hard to believe that ten years ago this month I was laying out all the plans and buying parts to build the truck. And in June 2011 the first wrench was picked up to start the project.

Resbum
                                Last edited by Resbum; 10-29-2022, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X