• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Babalou
    232 I6
    • Nov 27, 2000

Fuel Injection

I am preping for a complete engine overhaul on my '91 Grand Wagoneer. She of course runs on a 360 w/2bbl. I intend to rebuild the engine, stock, with the exception of an MSD ignition and I would like to replace the carb with a fuel injection system. Any sugestions? Know of any aftermarket fuel injection kits for this engine? Thanks.

------------------
    Happy Jeep'n,
    Babalou
    Happy Jeep\'n,<br /> Lou Hodac
  • SlickKipper
    258 I6
    • May 26, 2000

Babalou,
    Here at the IFSJA when we talk FI, we mean Holley Pro-Jection. Check with Summit Racing www.summitracing.com it's the 2Di i think. it's $700 there. Also, if you go to the technical reference library at www.ifsja.org i'm pretty sure there'll be an article or two for you to read about it all.

Welcome Aboard,
    Kip

------------------
    1989 Grand Wagoneer, 32,000 original miles, K&N air, Flowmaster 70 Series muff, hi-flo cat

My Wagoneer

"ahh, i love the smell of 11 year old differential oil in the morning"
    Well fellas, I\'m ashamed to admit that I sold my GW to a family friend, Fall 01. Got t\'hankerin\' for a motorcycle, and I was also in dire need of a daily driver, gas was \'spensive and I was runnin\' outa\' dough for Elsie (the GW) so there ya go. I won\'t mention brands of m\'new stuff \'cause we all know Jeep isn\'t making any p/u trucks or motorcycles these days, but I sure do miss participating in the club.

Comment

• SpruceMoose
      350 Buick
      • Nov 01, 2000

lotsa stuff on here about fuel injection. i put on an old, analog holley 2bbl kit, and it works great. look or search for fuel injection, fuel pump, o2 or oxygen sensor, or even my name. lotsa info. good luck and have fun!

------------------
      88 Grand Wagoneer
      "Spruce Moose"
      AMC 360
      DANA 44 F/R 2.72
      TF 727
      NP 229
      Jacobs Pro-Street Ign.
      Edelbrock Intake
      Holley 2bbl Pro-Jection
      Flowmaster 2.5" 50 Series Delta muffler and tubing
      Amzoil foam air filter
      Amzoil fluids all around
      30x9.5 BFG AT

Mileage? We don't need no stinkin' mileage!
      88 Grand Wagoneer<br />\"Spruce Moose\"<br /><br />See the Moose at:<br /><a href=\"http://www.fsjworld.com/mygallery.asp?id=3294\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.fsjworld.com/mygallery.asp?id=3294</a> <br /><br />AMC 360, DANA 44 F/R 2.72, TF 727, NP 229<br />Jacobs Pro-Street Ignition, Edelbrock 4bbl Intake with Holley 2bbl Analog Pro-Jection<br />Flowmaster 2.5\" 50 Series Delta muffler and tubing<br />K&N cone air filter, Amzoil fluids all around<br />31x10.5 BFG A/T KO<br />Rusty\'s 4\" lift<br />Home-made tube nerfs and bumpers<br />BJs Muscle grill<br />HF,VHF,UHF ham rigs and too many antennas (not)<br />8-Ball shift knob from college (1975)<br />Hella fog and driving lights<br />Kenwood MP3 HU, Orion sub amp, Jensens all around<br /><br />Mileage? We don\'t need no stinkin\' mileage!

Comment

• Treadted2
        258 I6
        • Sep 25, 2000

Hey Babalou,

There is guy that comes around these boards every know and then. His name is TPIguy. He makes custom Fuel Injection kits for Wags. He is making me one right now for about $600. He has one on his own Wag and says it runs great and gets him 15mpg. His e-mail is [email protected]

Shoot him an e-mail. He is a nice guy and will set you up nice.

Ted

------------------
        84' Grand Wagoneer "Dove"
        -AMC 360
        -Stock axles(AMC20 & Dana44), tranny & transfer case(NP229)
        -MSD TFI upgrade
        -K&N Air filter
        -Rough Country 3" lift
        -Heckelthorne Hydro shocks
        -Yokohama Prodigy AT 31X10.5 tires
        -American Racing 15X8 Chrome Nugget wheels
        -blue fuzzy dice!!

*fuel injection and an MSD 6A ignition will soon be added. Hello 16-17 mpg!!
        84\' Grand Wagoneer \"Dove\"<BR>-AMC 360<BR>-Stock axles(AMC20(R) & Dana44(F)), tranny(?) & transfer case(NP229)<BR>-MSD TFI upgrade and ignition control<BR>-Throttle Body fuel injection conversion<BR>-K&N Air filter<BR>-Rough Country 3\" lift<BR>-Heckelthorne Hydro shocks<BR>-Yokohama Prodigy AT 31X10.5 tires<BR>-American Racing 15X8 Chrome Nugget wheels<BR>-blue fuzzy dice!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Treadted2:
          Hey Babalou,

He makes custom Fuel Injection kits for Wags. He is making me one right now for about $600.
          <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
          600 bucks! Lucky you. I had $600 saved for one of his systems, but when he E-mailed me back he quoted me $800! I rebuilt my 2150 for $15.

------------------
          DLyons
          84 Grand Wagoneer
          74 Grill & Round Headlights
          360-727-229-3.31s
          2" Suspension Lift
          2 1/2" Body Lift(HomeMade)
          Krylon Burgundy
          The "Junkyard Dog"

Comment

Working...
          X