X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fulsizjeep
    Señor Jackhead
    • Aug 21, 2002

Ralph said he is not coming. He got laid off in March. We could be surprised with his arrival, but that may just be wishful thinking on my part.
    Flint
    Ran when parked.
    http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
    88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
    76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
    http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• bigun
      • Feb 10, 2003

Bummer! Sorry to hear.
      charlie
      KB0HXA
      "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

Originally posted by Gambler68
      congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
      How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
      Robert A. Heinlein
      The birth of CROM is recorded here
      http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

• RiverRat
        327 Rambler
        • Aug 09, 2006

Yes, I will miss them too! Tough times.
        BethAnn

Project CHOP TOP Tornado Jeep for Ouray 2013
        (I'm not dead yet!)

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Ralph is one to take on the trails if you want background history of sorts of where you are. I personally like his "Griswald" style of cruising .
          Been a tuff year or so for alot of us. Good vibes for some new employment options going towards you.
          I've enjoyed his informal tours and once got a one on one tour in the GMC Yukon with him. Cruising the trails is a soft ride suspension and A/C was the way to go. Why even the ditch crossing was handled with little to no mud getting on the precious Pukon. What a shame it was not wanted in the group photo .. Stupid rental

Looks like more of an incentive to try and make AZ this fall for some riding. Maybe the Honcho will be ready by then.
          Tom Gibson
          1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
          1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
          1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
          2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• BRUTUS
            360 AMC
            • Dec 06, 2005

Originally posted by Jeepstress
            No. We just hold that spot till one of the party animals shows up to take it.
            do I count?
            "Brutus" '74 J10 360/T18/D20/Front D60 Pro Rock & ARB/2" shave, ARB, 15 bolt FF Rear/ 4.56 Gears/38.5 x 16 TSL
            Current Jeep Status:Under The Knife
            Current Homepage Status: RUNNING

Comment

• will e
              Always Broke
              • Nov 16, 2001

Originally posted by Mark Wilde
              No kidding! I learned a LOT about the area two years ago when he and I hit the trails...I never realized how close our favorite trails are, like when we were in Animas Forks and he said Sunnyside was just over <that> hill, and coming across California/Hurricane Gulch, he pointed down and said, "That's where we had lunch yesterday and saw all the FJ's on this trail."

Ralph, you will be missed!
              Yeah, he knows exactly where he is.

I got to Ouray early last year and we went wheel'n and exporing. It was awesome.
              82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• Originally posted by BRUTUS
                do I count?
                Heck yeah! Brutus the Party Buffalo! w00t!
                Krista - High Priestess of Our Lady of Eternal Combustion
                77 401 Wag "Phoebe" ~ 77 401 J20 "Artemis" ~ 76 401 SOA Wag "Luna"
                The worst thing about rolling my jeep.....is trying to lick the paper...

Comment

• flatbackdragon
                  304 AMC
                  • Aug 22, 2003

drivers side pipe broke the manifold at that connection, going to see if I can get manifold off without breaking bolts into head

and see about getting another from Phils' Auto in Hotchkis. None of the parts yards around here have these old jeeps around anymore.

rear brakes- no fluid getting there
                  possible master cyl? got pressure from diaphram and front getting fluid. need a a/c'd garage.
                  if it ain't one thing its another.
                  "There's an inner idiot in us just waiting to climb out and romp about in unabashed stupidity, but most people retain just enough wit to keep the idiot bottled up."
                  Gary Harmon-writer for Grand Junction Daily Sentinel (newspaper)

Phil (or Flip, Dragon)
                  Draco-79 Cherokee 360/QT-4" lift-pretty much stock and trying to fall apart

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                    Señor Jackhead
                    • Aug 21, 2002

Phil - We can bring a set of manifolds with us to Ouray if you like. Got a spare set off that brown Cherk from Montrose that donated a 401.
                    Flint
                    Ran when parked.
                    88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods

Comment

• BRUTUS
                      360 AMC
                      • Dec 06, 2005

Originally posted by Jeepstress
                      Heck yeah! Brutus the Party Buffalo! w00t!
                      SWEET... Do I need to call Dave to transfer the reservation or is it done at check in?

Has Ken got a site yet? I can share... Pending he wear a muffler mask do dampen out the snoring!
                      "Brutus" '74 J10 360/T18/D20/Front D60 Pro Rock & ARB/2" shave, ARB, 15 bolt FF Rear/ 4.56 Gears/38.5 x 16 TSL
                      Current Jeep Status:Under The Knife
                      Current Homepage Status: RUNNING

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                        Señor Jackhead
                        • Aug 21, 2002

Jason, I need to get in touch with Jaime. He has first dibs on the site. If he passes, we can work with you on getting it.

I have not heard from Dan (carleysjeep) yet to see if he is out or not. 44 may be available.
                        Flint
                        Ran when parked.

Comment

• COLOFIREMAN
                          Gone,But not Forgotten.
                          • Apr 09, 2005

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
                          Jason, I need to get in touch with Jaime. He has first dibs on the site. If he passes, we can work with you on getting it.

I have not heard from Dan (carleysjeep) yet to see if he is out or not. 44 may be available.

Flint, Dan and I are working that site out. He hasn't called me yet either. 52B will be open once Dan call the KOA to swap with me.
                          Jason in the Mountains
                          1978 J10 LB,OE 4-speed,4:10's,4BBl,and just 85K(daily driver)
                          1988 Grand Waggy 8" lift 35" A/T's (under construction)
                          1984 CJ7 12" lift 39" Iroks 1 tons
                          1979 Cherokee Super Chief (under construction )
                          1974 J-10 LB Buick 455 BB 4" lift 33" BFG tires
                          1973 J-4800 LB plow truck 7" lift 255/85/16 LT Truxs MT's

Comment

• flatbackdragon
                            304 AMC
                            • Aug 22, 2003

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
                            Phil - We can bring a set of manifolds with us to Ouray if you like. Got a spare set off that brown Cherk from Montrose that donated a 401.
                            heck I may drive down and pick them up here shortly, haven't much to do during week other than get this thing going, need to replace that left one for sure, rather noisy and would like it fixed before Ouray.
                            Soaking the bolts right now, hopefully none will break off in head, that would be a drag.
                            "There's an inner idiot in us just waiting to climb out and romp about in unabashed stupidity, but most people retain just enough wit to keep the idiot bottled up."
                            Gary Harmon-writer for Grand Junction Daily Sentinel (newspaper)

Phil (or Flip, Dragon)
                            Draco-79 Cherokee 360/QT-4" lift-pretty much stock and trying to fall apart

Comment

• Gambler68
                              Rabble Rouser
                              • Feb 29, 2004

Originally posted by flatbackdragon
                              heck I may drive down and pick them up here shortly, haven't much to do during week other than get this thing going, need to replace that left one for sure, rather noisy and would like it fixed before Ouray.
                              Soaking the bolts right now, hopefully none will break off in head, that would be a drag.
                              You should drive down, Pre-Ouray party at EffinK's! If you need *anything* I have a ton of stuff too.
                              1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
                              1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
                              The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
                              Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• kennyh
                                258 I6
                                • Aug 20, 2000

Originally posted by BRUTUS
                                SWEET... Do I need to call Dave to transfer the reservation or is it done at check in?

Has Ken got a site yet? I can share... Pending he wear a muffler mask do dampen out the snoring!
                                I'd like sharing, big Brutus, and I don't snore.
                                KennyH '74 Wag, '80 Wag Brougham, '98 GC 5.9 Limited. Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X