Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Looking bad for me to make it. I need to do alot of work still and I'm not going without a Jeep , unless it involves getting Jeep parts. I hope to have mine on the road by late Oct. That will be a push for that to happen.

My work is no longer a factor for having time off to go. After the lousy raise I got they don't deserve my effort any longer. Unless they change it play time will always supercede work time. I just need to get my Jeep going now.
    Tom Gibson
    1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
    1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
    1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
    2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• j2sax
      350 Buick
      • Mar 20, 2003

C'mon HOOT!

You went all the way to Ouray in Ford, you can swopp down here for a weekend! What kind of parts you need... maybe I could make it worth your while!

I am sticking with this! Calling on the FSJ Network as well, so we will see how things go then!

Jesse
      Jesse- Sparta, MO (Near SPfdl MO) J20 4 Door Project, Wag w/ 6" Rusty's, 33x12.5's, 360/727 (for now!), 77 J10, 80 J20, 3 80's Wags, 73 Commando, Lots of AMC Eagles, FSJ parts Rigs and parts

Comment

• Mars
        350 Buick
        • Apr 24, 2010

October 4th? I'll see what I can do

And I'll see if i can't help get Hoot's jeep goin too
        Wannabe Fabricator
        Grumpy on a good day.
        1981 J-10 Laredo.. mmmm bucket seats...
        What I'm working on: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...50#post1503850

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

I just dedicated my last weekend to the F350. Now I have a loaded trailer as of today that is all F350 stuff. That trailer needs unloaded onto my trailer this week and then find a home for it till I can get it all installed. So basically the F350 just ate up all my next month or so. I do intend to pull off some Jeep projects in between.

I need the 360 pulled out of the 81 and some clean up work done to it then it can go into the 80 Utility truck.
          By then the headlight harness should be ready to go back in.
          I am hopefully getting a new set of front springs for it in a couple of weeks. Then that truck should be good enough to go.
          I have new interior for it but having trouble finding seat mounts. Mine are in there<< pointing to a mass of parts>> somewhere.

Not sure I want to break it in on a road trip that far. I was hoping to get a few hundred miles on it first.

Ouray is an addiction. I don't even need a Jeep there. Although it would be nice. Next year...
          Tom Gibson
          1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
          1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

And just for the record .. I'm all for you holding to the dates. Even if it means I can't make it. Steady dates is what is going to get a Midwest thing up and going.
            That's why Ouray works. You can plan years in advance for it cause it will always be mid July. Maybe in the future they may change who knows but for now I can plan well in advance for it. Sometimes things happen and I have to cancel. That has cost me some reservation money before. But if not for the consist date I would make it even less than what I do. My J10 is itching to go above the tree line next year.
            Tom Gibson

Comment

• j2sax
              350 Buick
              • Mar 20, 2003

IFSJA MidWest Meet

I understand HOOT... sometimes discretion is the better part of valor! Maybe you can ride down with someone... I am going to keep it rolling even if i am the only FSJ there!

Hope some others can make it though!

Jesse
              Jesse- Sparta, MO (Near SPfdl MO) J20 4 Door Project, Wag w/ 6" Rusty's, 33x12.5's, 360/727 (for now!), 77 J10, 80 J20, 3 80's Wags, 73 Commando, Lots of AMC Eagles, FSJ parts Rigs and parts

Comment

• Woodchomper
                350 Buick
                • Dec 17, 2002

Looks like I'll be in Springfield on 27-28 September for the Street Machine Nationals. http://www.streetmachinenationals.net/event/283

I think Del will make this event too, so at least 2 FSJs will be there. Besides the show the real fun of this event is the cruising at night. I'll probably spend more time spectating than cruising mostly because I don't want to miss all the cool cars and trucks. Of course, the smokey burnouts followed by police tickets are always entertaining especially when you are not on the receiving end.

For those that might be interested in attending this event, PM me and we can make sure we all stay in hotels in the same vicinity.

As far as Oct 4th weekend goes, I'll probably go if I can hitch a ride with Del. But two weekends in a row of making a 400+ mile round trip gets old fast.
                1991 GW 401 /727TF/NP229 /4" Skyjacker /EBL TBI /CS-144
                1981 J10 401 /727TF/NP208 /6" Superlift /CS-144

Comment

• Woodchomper
                  350 Buick
                  • Dec 17, 2002

Looks like this thread has stalled. Too bad, I was looking forward to seeing some new faces from the Midwest region.
                  1991 GW 401 /727TF/NP229 /4" Skyjacker /EBL TBI /CS-144
                  1981 J10 401 /727TF/NP208 /6" Superlift /CS-144

Comment

• j2sax
                    350 Buick
                    • Mar 20, 2003

Stalled Schmalled!

I will be here regardless! Looking forward to seeing you guys on my home turf... Maybe we can get Jkage in on one of these and he can hitch a ride as well!

Let me know when you guys are getting here for the NATS and where you are staying.

Comment

• del
                      327 Rambler
                      • Apr 13, 2006

Street nationals

Jesse ,talked with Rich today. Will be last minute for me. If we do come up, we'll give ya a shout
                      1987 Wagoneer
                      4" BDS Springs, 31"x10.50's
                      401/727/229

Comment

• j2sax
                        350 Buick
                        • Mar 20, 2003

Del- For which event... street machine nats or hanging at SMORR?

Comment

• Ristow
                          • Jan 20, 2006

Oliver is ready,he misses uncle Rich...

Originally posted by Hankrod
                          Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
                          ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
                          I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Pencil me back in for SMORR.. I just got a new ride. Now if money and time doesn't kill it for me.
                            Tom Gibson

Comment

Working...
                            X