• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EricVon
    230 Tornado
    • May 11, 2017

Double FSJ Trouble in Arizona

I have started my FSJ last year with purchase of 1966 J2000 Gladiator. My goal was to modernize it for overlanding. This my first attempt at a vehicle restoration & rehabilitation. Since my initial purchase, I have acquired a 1967 Gladiator as a parts truck. It is however, in better condition than #1, so I am rebuilding #2, which in comically brown.

My skills are quite basic, but my enthusiasm for FSJ, especially Rhino grilled vehicles knows, no bounds. Hoping to learn and share about my experience.

• Overland_az
    230 Tornado
    • Aug 29, 2017

Welcome! What part of AZ are you from? I'm down in Tucson, with a 73 J4600.

Comment

• EricVon
      230 Tornado
      • May 11, 2017

not in Tucson anymore

I went to school in Tucson, and live in Gilbert now. I want to get my truck done and venture back to Reddington Pass, Chiva Falls and Peppersauce. I am pretty far from that right now, with 2 partial trucks, but I had to start somewhere.

Comment

• rang-a-stang
        Administrator
        • Oct 31, 2016

Glad you're hear EricVon! Have patience, when working on your truck and it will pay dividends (sometimes easier said than done ). We love pics so post away. The search feature is EXTREMELY useful so use it often. Also, spend some time in the Tech Library but be careful: you'll get TONNNNS of ideas and this truck will own you.

The classifieds (both wanted and for sale) are great too. There are quite a few folks around you in AZ so keep an eye on the location of folks that post.

Have fun boss! Post away!
        Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
        (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
        (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
        79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
        (Cherokee Build Thread)
        11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
        09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
        00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• mwood65
          258 I6
          • Jul 17, 2017

Hello

Hey man, Yours looks to be in a whole lot better shape than the Cherokee I started with......Good luck on the resto.

I am just North of you in Payson if I can be of any help.

Comment

• azmtn04
            232 I6
            • Aug 18, 2015

Originally posted by EricVon
            I went to school in Tucson, and live in Gilbert now. I want to get my truck done and venture back to Reddington Pass, Chiva Falls and Peppersauce. I am pretty far from that right now, with 2 partial trucks, but I had to start somewhere.
            Hi Eric, I am in East Mesa. I know most of the Arizona FSJ guys. We have a FB group and that is helpful. I have some parts but our main parts guy is Jerry in Globe, AZ. Feel free to pm me to exchange numbers. Or look up the AZ FSJ group on facebook. It is helpful to have more than one resource.
            1981 Cherokee Chief S

Comment

Working...
            X