International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > Off-Road FSJ Tech

Old 06-03-2007, 01:44 PM

Viair wiring

Does anyone know how to wire this up. I've tried wiring one hot, one ground and I blew the fuse. Then I swapped them and blew the fuse. I can't find a wiring diagram anywhere. Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun2mo
I would think boxing would limit the amount the frame could flex over obstacles which I think IMO would be a bad thing. I would think you would want all the articulation possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny019
I'm not saying lockers don't improve the performance of your rig, just that they're overrated.

Last edited by orangecherokee : 08-06-2007 at 02:25 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:32 PM

Nick,
I'm thinking that is just the pressure cut off switch?
I might be under-thinking it here but wouldn't it just be hot inline to the compressor from the power source?
When it hits max pressure it cuts off the power, when pressure drops it turns the compressor back on?
Don't trust me on that but it sure makes sense to me.

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

Quote:
...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...

Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Old 06-03-2007, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadsal
Nick,
I'm thinking that is just the pressure cut off switch?
I might be under-thinking it here but wouldn't it just be hot inline to the compressor from the power source?
When it hits max pressure it cuts off the power, when pressure drops it turns the compressor back on?

I am thinking the same. Throw a ohm meter on it and test for continuity w/ and w/out pressure.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:04 PM

wow, yeah that's easy enough. I saw a few diagrams on the internet and they all said that one wire was hot and the other ground. geez, i should have been able to figure that out but messing with 150lbs of pressure I didn't want to screw it up. thanks guys.

Quote:
I would think boxing would limit the amount the frame could flex over obstacles which I think IMO would be a bad thing. I would think you would want all the articulation possible.
Quote:
I'm not saying lockers don't improve the performance of your rig, just that they're overrated.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:57 AM
Gear Head

Is this for OBA? Where did you get it, eBay? All I see on there is the ones with tabs, it doesn't have wire attached. What pressure cut off did you go with? I guess those work just as good as the big box ones like you get with a home compressor? (Everytime I read an OBA writeup I only see the box type)
Old 06-04-2007, 06:33 AM

Yeah it's my OBA set up. I actually got this set up from a member on here. I got the Viair 400C with 125lbs (i think) pressure cut off. The tank fits on the fender and has a 150lbs capacity.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-04-2007, 06:48 AM
Gear Head

Oh, I am looking for a pressure switch to use with the a/c compressor. I don't see why one of those wouldn't work as opposed to the box type.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:50 AM
Master Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatmax95
Oh, I am looking for a pressure switch to use with the a/c compressor. I don't see why one of those wouldn't work as opposed to the box type.

Kilby has one, somehwere on hear (http://www.kilbyenterprises.com/ ) in their OBA section. I already had a tank and compressor, so I just bought some of his products to finish up my OBA, pix soon. Its compact, but the only thing is its non-adjustable.