• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Curly5759
    232 I6
    • Mar 08, 2015

Rear window regulator problem

I am at my wits end with this darn thing. I was having problems with the window going down slow and the rear switch failed. I installed the relay kit from Sere Hill and it worked except the 'down' was still slow even with no glass installed. I replaced the motor and things have gotten worse.

The motor will raise the lift arms just fine, but going down, the motor will not move unless I apply force to both arms, and then it will go down very slooowly. This happens whether the regulator is installed (no glass) or on the bench. I did notice that the intermediate gear, the one between the motor and the large gears has a lot of sideways slop when the motor is not installed.

I have also lubed all the moving parts and added an additional ground wire from the regulator body to the battery.

Anyone have a similar problem and solved it? Suggestions? I've dumped a bunch of money into this Jeep trying to get it ready for camping duty, but I am getting discouraged with all this rear window problems.

Thx
    Curly
    77 Cherokee S 360/TH400/QT
  • babywag
    out of order
    • Jun 08, 2005

Get a hold of a different regulator. The '79-up regulator & motor combo works better than the earlier ones.
    Tony
    88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

Working...
    X