Canadian River Trip outside of Amarillo, TX... Anyone Interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dmntxn77
    Hey watch this...
    • Nov 19, 2004

Originally posted by Wagoneer-ing
    Well even if I can't get my Jeep running it would be cool to go down there and get together to see the other FSJs and see what all of you guys are doing with them.
    There are more OK guys on here... Maybe you can just catch a ride and split gas with someone in your area. Post up where you are located and maybe someone in your area will chime in.

Comment

• Wagoneer-ing
      232 I6
      • Sep 14, 2012

Well I'm in Sapulpa, OK. I don't have any vehicles that could haul anything anyway.
      1968 M715 - Resto-Mod, Ford Dana 60/Sterling 10.25, AMC 360/727/208, 37" hummer tires, metal hard top, and a ton of work to do!

Comment

• Heimeken
        304 AMC
        • Nov 29, 2000

If we do this instead of cruces, there is a big chance i can make it. But it has to be middle to late october or before September.

Looks like an 8 hour drive for me so it's not that bad.
        '85 Grand Wagoneer "Caterpillar"
        401, NV4500, 3/4 ton gear

'79 Cherokee "The Sandgorgon"
        One Tons, SOA,T18 on 40's

78 J10 "Imoteb"
        J20 running gear and axles

Comment

• Dmntxn77
          Hey watch this...
          • Nov 19, 2004

Cool... Well we are narrowing the date down. I'm good for whenever. I will check my work schedule and find what days I have off in October.

Edit: in October I'm off the 3rd & 4th weekends Thursday-Sunday. I can probably fudge a day or so on either end of that, or even make the 2nd weekend work if need-be. I can't do the first weekend in October though.
          Last edited by Dmntxn77; 06-01-2013, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Dmntxn77
            Hey watch this...
            • Nov 19, 2004

Oh, and I dont know about you guys, but Im not limited to just weekends.

I can always take a day or two of vacation on either end of my days off too. Since Im already off 15 days a month a day or two of vacation puts me off almost any weekend I want.

My scheduled days off are:

September.... 6-9, 14-17, 22-25, & 30

October.... 1-3, 8-11, 16-19, 24-27

Comment

• Sambo
              AMC 4 OH! 1
              • Sep 25, 2001

limited to sept 28-oct 6. anytime in this week i am good!
              77 chero DEAD.
              84wag,360,tf727,???! possiblities are d300 flipped and a ford d44 hp with coils

Comment

• Dmntxn77
                Hey watch this...
                • Nov 19, 2004

Originally posted by Sambo
                limited to sept 28-oct 6. anytime in this week i am good!
                I guess we need to try to recruit some other people and see when they can come.

I can go anytime, and I dont mind going more than once. If you want to come this way during that week, I will be happy to go wheeling with you regardless of who else can show up. If you want to mark the calender, we can go for it...

The same goes for anyone else and any other time too...

Comment

• Sambo
                  AMC 4 OH! 1
                  • Sep 25, 2001

we are having a down week at work and i think my sons school has a by week for football,altho he's in band. i get to watch him and his friends play halftime,football just happens to be there as well this time would be best for me,but open to options!
                  77 chero DEAD.

Comment

• Dmntxn77
                    Hey watch this...
                    • Nov 19, 2004

Originally posted by Sambo
                    we are having a down week at work and i think my sons school has a by week for football,altho he's in band. i get to watch him and his friends play halftime,football just happens to be there as well this time would be best for me,but open to options!
                    Well, like I said, Im good whenever...

AND.... For the record, band is probably a better option than football. At least he will have a skill to last him his lifetime.

After my 13 or 14 years of football and all my broken bones, fractures, hyperextensions, twists, sprains, pulls, and concussions, all I ended up with was a tired sore body, constant back pain, constant shoulder pain and a left knee that needs a patellofemoral replacement and a left knee thats not far behind. AND..... Im only 35...

Comment

• Dmntxn77
                      Hey watch this...
                      • Nov 19, 2004

I just back from the PNW and I am ready to get the planning stages underway.

Anyone still interested in this trip?

Comment

• Sambo
                        AMC 4 OH! 1
                        • Sep 25, 2001

i wont be able to take time off anytime in oct i will be going thru requalls/training this month!
                        77 chero DEAD.

Comment

• Dmntxn77
                          Hey watch this...
                          • Nov 19, 2004

No prob.. Im always here, so anytime you want to come down, just hit me up...

Comment

• Wagoneer-ing
                            232 I6
                            • Sep 14, 2012

I was hoping I'd have my Jeep ready by now, but I'm still trying to run down this tranny leak and I can't get my gauges to work for the life of me! PLUS I've got some kind of big power draw somewhere...
                            1968 M715 - Resto-Mod, Ford Dana 60/Sterling 10.25, AMC 360/727/208, 37" hummer tires, metal hard top, and a ton of work to do!

Comment

• Dmntxn77
                              Hey watch this...
                              • Nov 19, 2004

My rig is all but done now... I've got the engine back in and my suspension is almost complete. I should be trail ready within the next couple of weeks...

Anyone want to make it for my shake down run?

Comment

• donniesoup
                                232 I6
                                • Dec 17, 2005

We use to run the Canadian river in Oklahoma between Norman and Purcell every weekend when I was a kid. You would start before sunrise and always done after sun sets. Some of the best memories with my dad.
                                80 chief wt
                                94 cherokee
                                08 wrangler rubicon
                                11 liberty

Comment

Working...
                                X