• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seventynine
    350 Buick
    • Apr 13, 2003

Widetrack front fender flares?

Hello,

I am about to get back into the FSJ world here. I just bought a '79 Cherokee Chief in excellent shape with 77k original miles. I have a '79 Wagoneer that I have had for years and 250k miles but it's been immobile for a few years and is about to head to the junkyard....though now I am going to pilfer some more parts before it goes!

Actually I slowly dismantled the Wag's drivetrain and transferred it to my '79 CJ over the last few years but that's another story...the heart and soul of my beloved Wag lives on in my CJ though.

Anyway I haven't posted to this list in a few years since I have been kind of out the FSJ world. My question is:
    Does anyone make front fender flare replacements for widetracks? The driver's side front is rusted pretty badly but the rest of the truck is in incredible shape. I have seen that Raybuck makes fiberglass replacements for the rear but all I have seen for the front are complete fender replacements. The rest of the fender and paint are in excellent condition so I hate to replace the whole thing. Are the fender flares in the front an integral part of the quarter panel itself?

Thanks in advance,
    Dean M.

79 Cherokee Chief
    79 Wagoneer (barely)
    79 CJ-7
    93 ZJ
    Dean

'79 J10
    '77 Cherokee Chief
    '79 CJ-7
    '79 CJ-5
    '46 CJ-2A
    '93 ZJ Limted
    '79 Cherokee Chief (traded for the J10)
    '79 Wagoneer (RIP)
    '13 FLSTN Softail Deluxe
  • g503
    327 Rambler
    • Jan 30, 2004

they are spot welded on .some one may know of the flares ,

Comment

• Tad
      • Nov 30, 2001

I seriously doubt that just the flare is available (we are way too small of a market to reproduce for on that level), but if you do find them, please let us know.
      2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
      EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
      Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• Lindel
        Perfesser of Jeepology
        • Jun 15, 2000

the complete fenders are all that i know of. I'd like to hear if someone has just flares available too
        Jeep Grounds
        RRV Homepage
        Texas Full Size Jeep Association
        1987 Grand Wagoneer
        AMC 360/TF727/NP229
        1999 Wrangler Sport
        4.0L/AX-15/NV231

?Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction? by Ronald Reagan.

Formerly of DFW/Gun Barrel City, TX - eventually to return...

Comment

• g503
          327 Rambler
          • Jan 30, 2004

Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends

Comment

• seventynine
            350 Buick
            • Apr 13, 2003

The odd thing to me is that the rear flares are available separately...why not the fronts?

Dean
            Dean

'79 J10
            '77 Cherokee Chief
            '79 CJ-7
            '79 CJ-5
            '46 CJ-2A
            '93 ZJ Limted
            '79 Cherokee Chief (traded for the J10)
            '79 Wagoneer (RIP)
            '13 FLSTN Softail Deluxe

Comment

• g503
              327 Rambler
              • Jan 30, 2004

the rear are fiberglass, the ones i have seen i cant find the link and i dont know if they are a exact copy of the front /i think the front are longer?

Comment

• Merc69
                304 AMC
                • Sep 03, 2002

Wow $180.00 per fender. I have a set I am rehabing. A little welding, a little metal bending/ beating, grinding and paint. I must be cheap
                Merc69/ Bruce AKA G.O.D. (Grumpy Old Dude)
                "PsyOp" 87 Grand Wagoneer, 360, Powered by Propane, NP-208 t-case, Dana 60 front 4.56 gears-Detroit Locker, Corp 14 bolt 4.56 gears-Detroit Locker. Alcan Springs up front, Chevy 63", Hydraulic Steering

Under Construction: 4 link rear suspension, Klune-v and Ford 205 transfer case

Comment

• g503
                  327 Rambler
                  • Jan 30, 2004

well i found a couple other sites they had them for 147 not much better, lol

Comment

• jode
                    JB Welder
                    • Apr 08, 2002

I have a set of pretty decent WT front fenders I will let go for $175 for the pair off a 79 Chief
                    No FSJs for the time being - "I'm working on it, I'm working on it" (think Mike Meyers' SNL skit about the gut)

Comment

Working...
                    X