2009 Summer Event Sponsorships Announcement (ECI / Etc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billyrb
    BJ's Off-Road
    • Aug 15, 2001

We?ve been receiving a lot of requests for sponsorships for the events this summer, and in the past we have been able to donate a good amount of parts and gift certificates that were used in give-aways at the various events. But this year we have decided to do something a little different?..

This year, the Tellico ORV park was closed down due to a lawsuit brought forth by the Trout Unlimited group. Rather than keep the park open and find a way to accommodate both ORV users and the TU group, the National Forest Service opted to shut down the trails to ORV users? altogether. Unfortunately, this sets a precedent throughout the country where other parks can be closed, which reduces / eliminates our ability to use our rigs on lands that we pay taxes toward. You can also see similar actions happening throughout the US at places like Rubicon, etc. Not only does this directly affect our ability to wheel on public lands, but it also directly affects our business and the businesses of others that support ORV users.

So, having said that, we have partnered up with the Southern Four Wheel Drive Association (SFWDA), United Four Wheel Drive Association, Blue Ribbon Coalition and others to help repair / build up an FSJ that was purchased from one of our local GFSJ members, and that rig will be raffled off later this year to help fund a lawsuit that is being brought against the National Forest Service. In lieu of donating products to the various FSJ events, we feel that it would be more beneficial for our hobby / livelihood to provide parts and support to this effort, as it is something that will benefit all of us in the future. Tickets will be available for purchase soon, and all proceeds will go directly to the SFWDA and their group to be used in the lawsuit.

Here is a link to the SFWDA?s page about the raffle:
    http://www.sfwda.org/rtjeep/

I hope everyone understands why we are doing this, and the importance that this lawsuit will play for everyone. I also hope that everyone will join up and help out any way they can (including buying raffle tickets). If you have any questions, you can email me at [email protected]. Thanks!

Also, I was going to post this in land use and events, as it applies to each of those forums, but the raffle and information is more of a general-discussion item and hopefully will be more appropriate here. If not, please feel free to move it or I can delete / repost as needed. Thanks!
    BJ's Off-Road
    [email protected]
    Your source for '63-'91 FSJ Parts
  • Jayrodoh
    360 AMC
    • Sep 07, 2004

That's awesome, I totally agree.

Count me in on some tickets, wife says I can't buy any more, but didn't say anything about winning one
    Honey?? What happened to the savings account? You bought a Jeep what??

86 Grand Wag Stock with Bulltear HEI

Comment

• kahula
      232 I6
      • Apr 16, 2004

i'm definetly in to buy some tickets. hope things go well in the lawsuit
      79 cherokee chief
      one day i'll get to finish it...

Comment

• cu4whln
        304 AMC
        • May 16, 2008

Super !

Originally posted by Jayrodoh
        . . . wife says I can't buy any more, but didn't say anything about winning one

Oh man that made me laugh !

Good for you guys !! I will buy some tickets....
        It's not yours 'til ya bleed on it . . . https://forums.ifsja.org/core/images...s/rolleyes.png

1977 "401" 'Da Chief
        1979 Chero: "Madness" [Sold]
        1972 J4000
        1985 CJ : Renegade -locked and loaded
        2005 Unlimited Rubicon - Built
        2012 Artic JK 4 door, 2016 JK 2 door

'Da Chief here: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...ighlight=chief

Round 2- LT Swap: 'Da Chief:
        http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=188457

"Madness" build here:
        http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=89280

Comment

• MAPit
          232 I6
          • Nov 05, 2008

great idea i will defently buy some tickets
          82 Cherokee Chief with a Cummins 6BT : Patton

Comment

• FSJ Guy
            • Mar 20, 2005

Originally posted by Jayrodoh
            That's awesome, I totally agree.

Count me in on some tickets, wife says I can't buy any more, but didn't say anything about winning one
            Same here!
            Ethan Brady
            1987 Grand Wagoneer, slightly longer than stock.

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Don't mess with me. I once killed a living hinge.

Comment

Ryan - this is appropriate for the land use section. If you just want to edit out the donations part and leave the pertinent info about the build and land use support issues go right ahead and post up.
              Krista - High Priestess of Our Lady of Eternal Combustion
              77 401 Wag "Phoebe" ~ 77 401 J20 "Artemis" ~ 76 401 SOA Wag "Luna"
              The worst thing about rolling my jeep.....is trying to lick the paper...

Comment

Working...
              X