• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Movinman
    232 I6
    • Jan 03, 2013

New Guy in Florida

Checking in from Pompano Beach. I just picked up an 84 Wagoneer with the original 5.9 in need of a cam and a few other bits and pieces. Anyone else from South Florida?
    Need a new 360!
  • rocklaurence

• Jan 14, 2009

Originally posted by Movinman
    Checking in from Pompano Beach. I just picked up an 84 Wagoneer with the original 5.9 in need of a cam and a few other bits and pieces. Anyone else from South Florida?
    I'm in Lakeland and can steer you towards resources for parts etc.

Comment

• pyro
      258 I6
      • Sep 15, 2012

welcome...Tampa area here. its a tough crowd down here it seems. :/
      '81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
      '82 Cherokee 258/TF904

FSJNetwork Florida FSJ's Click Here!!!

Comment

• guitarsail
        232 I6
        • Mar 09, 2011

Orlando here. Definitely a tough crowd. I've seen a few waggys in Orlando but no idea who they are...

Comment

• Movinman
          232 I6
          • Jan 03, 2013

Thanks for the welcome! This is my first Wagoneer, and I am loving it.I have already received some parts purchased from another member, and if all goes well, I should be on the road this weekend.
          Need a new 360!

Comment

• rocklaurence

• Jan 14, 2009

The thing that you'll find out about these vehicles is that most of the parts will interchange! So, if you get Froggy" you can add the upgrades of newer vehicles to your older Wagon (window motors-for example). Or customize it with a different year/series grill.

Comment

• JP
              Where horseshoes are not a game
              • Dec 12, 2012

Welcome ,

I'm in central Florida, Lakeland.... I think "pyro" and i are gonna get together soon, send us a message and come join the excitement! Lol

Rocky(rocklaurence) is in Lakeland to. Has a warehouse of parts and pieces...definitely hit him up for your jeep stuff.

I suppose, if the FSJ spirits alow, we could arrange some manner of central Florida group gathering , there is a small locals having fun parking lot show on Fridays in West Lakeland by the parkway. Not fancy just folks enjoying cars/trucks. I believe a row of fsj jeeps in various stages of repair might just be in order. ; )
              Last edited by JP; 01-12-2013, 04:09 AM.
              THIS RESTORATION WILL BE THE MOST DIFFICULT AND EXPENSIVE THING I HAVE EVER ATTEMPTED TO ACCOMPLISH HONEY, I SWEAR!!!

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

83 Cherokee
              resto thread:
              http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=162358

Comment

• Movinman
                232 I6
                • Jan 03, 2013

Thanks for the tip, Rocky. I have a friend who lives in Lakeland. His name is Skip. If it has a motor, he dabbles in it, from hot rods to airplanes and everything in between. Let me know if you guys make any plans to get together. A drive north will really be a great way to make sure mine is running right!
                Need a new 360!

Comment

• rocklaurence

• Jan 14, 2009

Jon, are you talking about the shows at the BurgerKing/Target parking lot? I've been there several times with the Lakleland Jeep Club. Yes, a series of FSJ's would be cool. Also, my son saw your Cherokee the other day and he was very impressed with it!

Comment

• CHOPTOP_WAGGY
                    230 Tornado
                    • Jan 16, 2009

Welcome Movinman, you will enjoy the Waggy. This is the time of year that Jeep shows start popping up. If you can make it Jeep Beach in Daytona is a blast near the end of April. There are a few FSJ's there every year. I am hoping to have both of mine there this year if I can get them done in time. Also the Jacked Up Jeep Club in Winter Haven has an annual Poker Run in Feb that is really great.

Comment

• JP
                      • Dec 12, 2012

Yes, thats the gathering... never been but always wanted to. Might just have to make it happen. And tell, Guy? Thanks...he must not have seen inside though since its interior is all over my shop. Lol , looks like a wired erector set project with all the panels and pieces gone .

Maybe we could get together at the end of the month? Gives everyone a couple weeks to get schedules in order. I think that parking lot gathering the last Friday of January might work out well... Lakeland is pretty centralized and its right by the parkway... makes it hard to miss...

Florida guys? Any thoughts, .....
                      THIS RESTORATION WILL BE THE MOST DIFFICULT AND EXPENSIVE THING I HAVE EVER ATTEMPTED TO ACCOMPLISH HONEY, I SWEAR!!!

83 Cherokee
                      resto thread:

Comment

• Movinman
                        232 I6
                        • Jan 03, 2013

That's about a three and a half hour trip each way for me. Any decent affordable hotels in the area?
                        Need a new 360!

Comment

• Movinman
                          232 I6
                          • Jan 03, 2013

might not be a bad idea to tie it into the Jacked Up Poker Run in February. Then I could make a weekend out of it.
                          Need a new 360!

Comment

• JP
                            • Dec 12, 2012

There are several right in that area, marriot, courtyard, fairview, hampton inn...ect..., all right in the $80 to $100 / night range. Just about every resturant is represented within a five minute drive as well.

your the one with the drive time so you tell me when its worth the trip.

83 Cherokee
                            resto thread:

Comment

• pyro
                              258 I6
                              • Sep 15, 2012

jan 25-27 is the big FL4WDA campout near richloam. always a great time and tons of wheeling expeditions.

'81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
                              '82 Cherokee 258/TF904

FSJNetwork Florida FSJ's Click Here!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X