• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cma
    350 Buick
    • Jan 26, 2012

Brake System

Guys, changed some weeks ago front Disc Brake Rotors, Calipers, and of course all Bearings and Gaskets in the Axle.
    Rear side does have 2 year old Brake Cylinders.

after some Miles driving, and using the Brake, i feel a warm Rim and the Rotor is warm too. So i think there is something with the Piston in the Caliper. Could it be that the System does not have enough Power to push the Piston back?
    Calipers are RMFG.

Thanks for your inputs! Markus
    Markus!

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Note: Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. - Mike Tyson

Cherokee Chief Laredo, 360 cui, selec trac, black, 12/1982

Picture story:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1019823...eat=directlink
  • PlasticBoob
    All Makes Combined
    • Jun 30, 2003

No idea, but most reman calipers are garbage. When I did the Tundra brake upgrade on my 4Runner last year, I went through three different remanufactured calipers from two different parts stores before I got one that didn't leak in various spots (fittings or bore).

Though I can't explain why the entire Autozone brake system on my Cherokee is still leak-free and performing flawlessly 17 years later... I guess standards have really slipped lately.
    Rob
    1974 Cherokee S, fuel injected 401, Trans-am Red, Aussie locker 'out back'
    Click for video

Comment

• wiley-moeracing
      350 Buick
      • Feb 15, 2010

they are supposed to be warm and driving, really hot is an issue though.

Comment

• Mass
        232 I6
        • Sep 26, 2017

Are we talking fresh dinner roll warm? That's normal.
        It just depends on the driving style. I've done enough tires to know sometimes you have to wear work gloves because heavy vehicles or "spirited" drivers will have hot rims and lugs.

If you drive easy and use the brakes sparingly like letting the vehicle naturally slow down before braking you should only feel a warm rim. If you drive like everyone else on the road they will be hot.

Jack up the entire front or back and spin the wheels by hand. It should definitely make it a turn or 2 when you give it a good spin.
        If they stop as soon as you let go then you definitely have an issue. Could be dragging brakes or over tightened bearing.
        89' GW 6BT Cummins

Comment

Working...
        X