• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NJBattleWagon334
    232 I6
    • Apr 04, 2014

IS MY CARB BAD??

hey guys, still dealing with the ongoing problem of my gw running like junk.... it idles ok in park but like junk in gear, "really low idle" unless i crank the idle up at the carb which dosnt seem right... my choke is opening once its warm but its like lunging. i dont think my fuel /air setting is right on the carb.. also i looked in the carb while it was running and it seemed like alot of fuel getting dripped into the carb at idle..... how can i do a accurate check to see if the carb is working right, or set the fuel/air screws the right way, let me know . thanks
    South Jersey... 1989 Grand Wagoneer. Building to be prepared. because in the end.. The Jeep is gonna be the last one standing!! CB Channel 4 "Pipewrench"

"I think that things a jeep...."
  • littleriverwagoneer
    232 I6
    • Nov 20, 2014

I had similar problems. Finally bought a remanufactured 2150 from rock auto.com and now it runs like a scalded cat.

Comment

• Ristow
      • Jan 20, 2006

does it grab it's crotch then do the moonwalk?
      Originally posted by Hankrod
      Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
      ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

Is there vacuum to the bottom middle front port on the powervalve?
        Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• Rich88
          AMC 4 OH! 1
          • Nov 20, 2008

Fuel/air mixture screws are for idle only, and you say that's OK.

Bad performance once you're on the throttle can have several different causes.

* Float too low
          * Insufficient fuel (clogged filter)
          * Dizzy timing advance not working ... or leaky vacuum hose to the advance.

Insufficient fuel supply can be tested simply by going wide open throttle up a grade, which is when fuel demand is the highest. If you get lunging or cutting out, replace fuel filter and pickup sock in tank. There's no shortage of bad socks reported and discussed here.
          Jeepasaurus (Wagonus Grandi quadropedus)
          88 GW 360-.030 over/2150/727/229/Posi, e-pump, AC (broke), tow package, Monroe Air Shocks, TFI, CTO-Free, AIR-free, oil & tranny coolers, dried knuckle blood all over, GM 350 TBI in a box, waiting...
          "You're an FSJ'r when the parts guys memorize your name, phone & credit card#."

Comment

• Ristow
            • Jan 20, 2006

you sound lean. altho the dripping suggests a high float and rich. there should be no dripping from the boosters. check float level.
            Originally posted by Hankrod
            Ristows right.................again,

... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

Working...
            X