Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigun
    • Feb 10, 2003

HooWeeee Mike is going old school! My folks had a GMC CO back in the 80s it could have used an intercom system for the driver and passenger to converse it was so loud inside! And hot the heat pouring off the motor box laughed at the A/C especially if you were sitting on the sunny side of the cab! The first time I road with dad in a conventional Pete I couldn't believe the difference, we could converse in normal voices, the A/C kept you comfortable and the ride, no more having your spine driven up through your head on pot holes!
    charlie
    KB0HXA
    "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

Originally posted by Gambler68
    congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
    How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
    Robert A. Heinlein
    The birth of CROM is recorded here
    http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

• Ristow
      • Jan 20, 2006

that woulda been the GMC Astro im sure. yeah,a real joke of a truck.
      Originally posted by Hankrod
      Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
      ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• bigun
        • Feb 10, 2003

Originally posted by Ristow
        that woulda been the GMC Astro im sure. yeah,a real joke of a truck.
        They went from that to a binder, but I never rode in it before they quit North American because of a lack of loads.
        charlie
        KB0HXA

congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
        Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• Ristow
          • Jan 20, 2006

most guys that had an astro at some point...like my dad....refer to it as a GMC edit-hole.

do not judge all other COE's by that one.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• Strode
            1st Chair, Cowbell
            • Nov 08, 2011

That should polish up nice, no?
            Brad
            (*Allowed to post while failed 'I am not a Bot' test results are under appeal)

My build thread: 1982 Cherokee Laredo

Ristow's Bunker

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• Ristow
              • Jan 20, 2006

yeah. i'm gonna try to plug weld the emblem holes,and the DSPO pop rivet holes, and buff it out.

Comment

• bigun
                • Feb 10, 2003

most guys that had an astro at some point...like my dad....refer to it as a GMC edit-hole.

do not judge all other COE's by that one.
                LOL Well I guess I'll never know
                charlie
                KB0HXA

Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• trellis8
                  Ristows' Minion
                  • Jan 16, 2007

Looks like the Blue Mule from White Line Fever. Hell Yeah!
                  1979 Widetrack Cherokee, 1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1985 Grand Wagoneer, 1973 J4000, 1982 Mustang GT, 1999 Chevy C2500 xcab, 2001 Chevy Van, 2000 Ford Expedition, 1989 F250 plow and 1951 Desoto Deluxe

Comment

Wasn't that a Ford?? Been so long since I've seen it, don't rightly remember.
                    Art
                    ASE Master Collision Tech
                    "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Member: FSJ Prissy Restoration Assoc.

Comment

• Ristow
                      • Jan 20, 2006

yep Ford. i like their old boxy COE.

i want a 362 Pete. but the FL is growing on me. i gotta figure out what color to paint. it has a blue interior. part of me wants to coordinate the blue. part of me don't care. not a big blue guy,but Summit has a few nice shades of blue.

what else goes with blue other than white?

Comment

• trellis8
                        Ristows' Minion
                        • Jan 16, 2007

Medium gray metallic and blue.
                        1979 Widetrack Cherokee, 1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1985 Grand Wagoneer, 1973 J4000, 1982 Mustang GT, 1999 Chevy C2500 xcab, 2001 Chevy Van, 2000 Ford Expedition, 1989 F250 plow and 1951 Desoto Deluxe

Comment

• Strode
                          1st Chair, Cowbell
                          • Nov 08, 2011

If you're going metallics, silver and gold both look good with blue. Metallics are harder to paint though. That Mayan Gold metallic is bright and bold. That's what my valve covers are.

I got their single stage and used their clear over it. You can use their 2 stage paint too.

If you're going solid colors, their Pacific Blue would go good with their Bright White

Free Shipping - Summit Racing SUM-UPCC2 with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Paint Color Chip Books at Summit Racing.
                          Brad
                          (*Allowed to post while failed 'I am not a Bot' test results are under appeal)

My build thread: 1982 Cherokee Laredo

Ristow's Bunker

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• trellis8
                            Ristows' Minion
                            • Jan 16, 2007

Sears Weatherbeater comes in every color and it's easy to apply with a brush or roller.

Comment

• bigun
                              • Feb 10, 2003

Originally posted by trellis8
                              Sears Weatherbeater comes in every color and it's easy to apply with a brush or roller.
                              I've seen some really nice 30 foot jobs done with Rustolem and a roller. My dad used to say they used a mop in his day
                              charlie
                              KB0HXA

Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

The old ford Ice Blue metallic and silver is a nice looking combo.

Could always do what i did on the XJ-----three colors of Rusto satin rattle can in sage green, dark taupe and shell white and camo the old girl.......
                                Art
                                ASE Master Collision Tech
                                "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Member: FSJ Prissy Restoration Assoc.

Comment

Working...
                                X