• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J10-401
    304 AMC
    • Oct 01, 2005

repaint time

I finally decided to paint the flanks from headlight to tail lights and fix the nicks and blemishes. And a weird rust spot on the psg door where the rubber molding trapped water and began it's evil rust-magic. It's the only rust spot on the poor thing.

Well, incrementalisim took hold and now the only factory paint left will be the hood, A and B pillars and the roof. I bought a BJ rear slider window (tinted) and thought it best to repaint the back of the cab while they were at it replacing the rear slider window.

Then I caved in and gave them my BJ reproduction "Jeep" black letters and had them repaint the tailgate too. I took everything off the truck except the tail light lenses and illegaly drove the thing to the shop Monday. No headlights, mirrors or turn signals would be a nice ticket but I made it unscathed.

Well, the new door handles and BJ door rubber plus all the other little details will make this thing look like new. I swore not to make a "show truck" out of the thing but it's rapidly (out of control now) getting there. I can't wait! This FSJ kept me from making new car payments for 22 years and now it gets it "just" reward.

[ February 14, 2006, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: J10-401 ]
    \'84 J10 Pioneer -- Edelbrock headers, Intake. MSD 8778 Ignition. MC 4-bl carb. 1970 "319" 51-CC heads. Comp cam. 401/727 B&M truck-shifter (floor), 3.73:1 gears. 31\"x12.5\"x15 ProComp A/T tires on M/T Classic II 15x10 wheels. Rear swaybar. Bucket seat conversion & redone interior. Interior roll bar and 4-point harnesses.
  • Chrome
    Ph.D in Redneckology
    • Aug 30, 2002

That's how it all started for me. Be sure to post some pics!
    ..,=====,o00o
    //__l_l_,\____\,__
    l_---\_l__l---0
    lllllll0
    _(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)___

1983 Cherokee Chief Laredo W/T 360/auto

1982 Cherokee Chief W/T 360/4 speed

I now have an official Muslim name...Ochroma Bin Polishin.

Click link for pics of restored Full Size Jeeps (on last page)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/363842\

Comment

Working...
    X