Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ristow
    • Jan 20, 2006

looks good to me. looks like a Navigator copy. i dont think the rear window goes down,tailgate looks too narrow under the glass.
    Originally posted by Hankrod
    Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
    ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• melford1972
      232 I6
      • Jul 31, 2019

Looks like it will stack up nicely against the Escalade, Navigator, etc. Which is what it was designed to do. Not exactly my cup of tea, but looks like the execution is pretty good, which does the Wagoneer nameplate proud.

One nitpicky comment. Wish they'd referenced the original sloped D-pillar in this design. I saw some concept renderings that did that and thought it was unique and differentiated the design from other jumbo SUVs.

But instead they tied it in with the current Jeep Renegade, which I guess is okay if you're trying to make that kink part of your brand's design language, as BMW has. But the most iconic vehicle in the Jeep lineup, the Wranger, doesn't have it, so why bother?

My very rough Photoshop fix:

Comment

• rang-a-stang
        Administrator
        • Oct 31, 2016

Looks like all the other SUVs I won't be able to afford until they are 40 years old, barely run, and leak every single fluid they use.

I wish they would have given FSJs a nod. Some emblem, or sticker, or design element that clearly hearkens back to our rigs. They did better with this than Chevy did with Blazer but it's no Bronco (then again, it wasn't meant to be).

I don't hate it but I don't love it either; I'm totally indifferent. It's just going to make searching craigslist/facebook market place that much harder (because now you can't search "Wagoneer" and be assured what you find will be tied to our rigs) just like Gladiator did.

Babywag made a good point, too; this Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer WILL make our rigs go up in value some. So that's good. Well, maybe not the Cherokees and trucks but the FSJ Wagos/Grand Wagos for sure.
        Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
        (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
        79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
        (Cherokee Build Thread)
        11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
        09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
        00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• lkmarsh
          350 Buick
          • Nov 21, 2008

Meh...

I would have surprised myself had I liked this Jeep. I get that I don't represent the current market.
          Electric everything makes me gag.
          The price tag should be on a house, not a car. I just hope the new owners
          of these Jeeps can enjoy them without visiting the shop every other month.
          The only thing worse than a garage queen is a shop queen.

p.s. I do like the photoshop fix to the D pillar. Nice touch.
          Last edited by lkmarsh; 09-03-2020, 08:01 PM.
          Lyle

Seemed like a good idea at the time...
          69 1414x Wagoneer 350/TH400 DD & Ski Ride
          68 Chevelle wagon 350/BWT50
          68 Impala wagon 327/400
          73 Cougar droptop 351C/FMX Garage Queen
          04 Impala LS - Wife's DD
          73 Wagoneer parts donor

Comment

• Rusty76
            258 I6
            • Jul 15, 2018

Funny you should mention about the internet search troubles. That was the first thing that I though. Impossible now to do a quick "jeep gladiator" search.
            I guess now it will be the same with ''Wagoneer"

I'm not a fan of huge modern SUV's mostly because I'm cheap but I think it looks good. I really like the big windows. Thats something my wife mentioned right away when we started driving the 76. loved the visibility, big windows.
            Look forward to seeing some on the roads.
            1976 Jeep Wagoneer
            Rebuilt, 360, TH400, QT.
            Still not running. Soon!

Comment

• krek
              Perpetually Perplexed

• Apr 23, 2006

It looks like a Navigator and a Durango had a huge baby.

That said, I like it.

The kids are too old for us to need a vehicle that size but in a few years when we retire I could see us pulling an Airstream about with a Grand Wagoneer.
              SuperChief Project Thread: click

The "ChopTop" Project Thread: click

Comment

• SJTD
                304 AMC
                • Apr 26, 2012

Like I said on the other site: bleh.

Like Rang said, looks like all the others. If it didn't have "Jeep" on it you wouldn't know.
                Last edited by SJTD; 09-05-2020, 09:41 PM.
                Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• brielly
                  350 Buick
                  • Dec 30, 2002

Nice looking truck but needs a rhino grille!
                  For Sale Custom built reproduction Rhino Grilles http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...24#post1676924PM me for details or email [email protected]

1982 Cherokee Chief 258 6 cyl, AX-15, NP208, mopar mpfi, hydroboost brakes.

1983 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 258 6cyl*SOLD*

Comment

• littlebuck23
                    258 I6
                    • Aug 07, 2008

GM will be left holding the bag on this one. Very high price for jelly bean car with as many screens in it as possible. ....

The goal to revive legacy product that actually served a purpose while doubling as a luxury truck was very possible. (See ford bronco!). This monstrosity as presented currently masquerading as a Wagoneer, is next to the word mistake in the dictionary.
                    Last edited by littlebuck23; 09-17-2020, 03:49 PM.
                    Terry

1970 Kaiser Wagoneer -SOLD (currently getting built by new owner)
                    Build thread-http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=103447
                    1979 Cherokee Chief WT 360. SOLD
                    1977 Cherokee Chief WT Sport 401. SOLD
                    1975 International Scout II (My DD)

Comment

• FSJunkie
                      The Nigel Tufnel of the FSJ world.
                      • Jan 09, 2011

I am pleased to see so little chatter on this forum about the new GW. Proof that nobody here really cares after being gaslighted for so long.

I think it's a rather ugly design. It's just not pleasing to the eye in profile and proportion. It would have been easy to fix and make it a pleasing design, but sadly "pleasing" is not the trend in modern automobile styling. The trend in modern automobile styling is "imposing".
                      '72 Jeep Wagoneer Custom, 360 V8

I love how arguements end as soon as Ristow comments. Ristow is right...again.

Comment

• JeepsAndGuns
                        AMC 4 OH! 1
                        • Jul 18, 2003

Looks like a cross between the current gen grand cherokee and the current gen cherokee.
                        Looks very generic. Nothing about it stands out from all the other large SUV's on the road today.
                        79 Cherokee Chief 401/T18/D20, MPFI fuel injection, hydroboost, otherwise stock.
                        Future mods: Caddy 500/NV4500/NP205, HP D60 front D60 smooth botom rear, 5.13 gears, 35x12.50's on H1 beadlock wheels. Warn M12000 winch.
                        93 Wrangler 4.6 stroker/AX15/NP231,SYE,CV, OME 2.5 lift, front hub conversion/big brakes, 31X10.50's Warn M10000 winch.

Comment

• Ristow
                          • Jan 20, 2006

I would be far more likely to buy a new Bronco. Chrysler does not make anything interesting anymore at all.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• ProTouring442
                            327 Rambler
                            • Mar 15, 2011

Many seem to be upset about the price, but it's not out of line with the old Grand Wagonner.

The 1989 Grand Wagoneer had an MSRP of $26,639. That same year, a Cadillac Eldorado had an MSRP of $25,699, and the Seville had an MSRP of $29,935.

Today, the Cadillac CT6 has an MSRP of $94,985. Cadillac's new Escalade finally has an IRS, and in AWD Premium Luxury trim has an MSRP of $104,290.
                            You ever wonder what medieval cook looked at the guts of a pig and thought, "I bet if you washed out that poop tube, you could stuff it with meat and eat it."

Comment

• ProTouring442
                              327 Rambler
                              • Mar 15, 2011

Originally posted by MysticRob
                              Pretty much what I've been thinking. Unless the new GW has its own body panels and unique look beyond the new GC, then I doubt there'll be much interest in it. It looks to be released about the time the economy falls into the biggest hole ever, so hardly anyone will have the ducats to buy one anyway.
                              Since the Grand Cherokee is a unibody and the new Grand Wagoneer is body on frame, I suspect there is nothing much interchangeable between them.
                              You ever wonder what medieval cook looked at the guts of a pig and thought, "I bet if you washed out that poop tube, you could stuff it with meat and eat it."

Comment

• Ristow
                                • Jan 20, 2006

i sure won't be selling our Navigator to buy one....

Comment

Working...
                                X