• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tenoverthenose
    we don't know what he wants.
    • Jan 12, 2017

Cold Case 258 Radiator

I've been on the hunt for a while for a good aluminum radiator for my Wagoneer to help with cooling while towing, but couldn't find anything to fit correctly because it has the six cylinder core support. I tried the Champion versions for the CJ, but with the added height of the radiator the outlet hit my steering pump lines.

This week I dropped some cash on a Cold Case Radiator for a CJ (model #MOJ990A). It's all aluminum, welded well, and has a core that's over twice as thick as my old radiator. I had to drill some new holes to mount it, but everything fits in place (I am already using an electric fan, so I can't comment on fan clearance). I did replace my lower radiator hose with a flexible hose to make the connection easier (Gates 25527).

So far it's keep my Wagoneer much cooler, especially towing up and down mountains in the summer with the AC on. I thought this might help anyone with a 258 or 4.0 looking for an option to keep things a bit cooler without swapping the core support.
Working...
X