• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Full Size Jeeper
    304 AMC
    • Jul 20, 2014

Painted or air brushed wood grain?

1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
    Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box
  • Full Size Jeeper
    304 AMC
    • Jul 20, 2014

Has anyone seen this on a wagoner? My Wagoneer has the small amount of wood grain in between the chrome trim. I like it,but I bet it would not be cheap. What say you.
    1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
    Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• Tripwire
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • Jul 30, 2000

Its a little to dark and busy for me, also it does not have that nice plastic sheen to it like the original....i'd say no .......I would go aftermarket pricey decals instead - looks closer to OEM

but that's my opinion....
      Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:

Comment

• mdcptman
        Jeep Therapist
        • Apr 09, 2010

I like it! I seem to remember an old post showing a GW with airbrushed woodgrain.
        Member FSJ Prissy Restoration Association
        88 Grand Wagoneer
        360/727/NP208/dana 3.31s
        Edelbrock 2131
        Holley 600
        Hydroboost
        Hedman headers
        Dual exhaust
        MSD6A, TFI
        Digital Gauges
        Rusty's 2" Lift
        31x10.5 15LT15s
        Quote From Friend's Mom:
        "You don't rely on that vehicle do you?"

Comment

In the right colors (lighter than that pictured) would look great. Use a satin or semi-gloss clear on it.

But that would blow you way past the priss crowd
          Art
          ASE Master Collision Tech
          "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Member: FSJ Prissy Restoration Assoc.

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
            304 AMC
            • Jul 20, 2014

I think it would look nice in the right colors and grain. I would like to see it on a Wagoneer .
            1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Crist Clapper
              I'm being stalked by Steve... Save me!
              • Apr 28, 2008

I'd have to give this a thumbs-down for prissy-ness.
              1990 Grand Wagoneer:
              Delilah - def: "White Lady (cocktail) with the additional ingredients of egg-whites, sugar, and cream"

1987 XJ Wagoneer Limited:
              Desiree - def: ?Much Desired? [orig: French] ? Desirable Charcoal Gray façade, Wood-grain vêneers,and Tan Leather éssentials"

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association (FJS-PRIS)

Comment

• serehill
                Gone,Never Forgotten.
                • Nov 22, 2009

well

80 Cherokee
                360 ci 727 with
                Comp cams 270 h
                NP208
                Edlebrock performer intake
                Holley 4180
                Msd total multi spark.
                4" rusty's springs
                Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

If you can't make it better why waste your time. No use repeating the orignal mistakes. I'm to old to push it that's why.

Comment

• Tripwire
                  AMC 4 OH! 1
                  • Jul 30, 2000

Crist has said NO..... take "full size" outside and have him shot
                  Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:

Comment

• JPSwapMohn
                    304 AMC
                    • May 01, 2004

Check out the work Brent Click in Greenville SC did to this GW. I think it looks great. I contacted him and still intend to make a trip down to his shop at some point. A mom&pop place, but looking through their blog, he does some really clean work.

this truck showed up with badly applied vinyl woodgrain and painted over rust on the roof and about 500 other problems. the hood on the truck was full of fillers and had a horribly applied jelly un…

He remade trim panels to fit the lines better. He also hand wood grained the interior trim pieces. He said the paint job was in the $4k range, not including everything else he did to this rig. I really want one of the defrost vent covers he made for this!
                    One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.

88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, F150 fuel cell, discs, J20 axles, Truetrac & Grizzly, 3.73
                    http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS
                    95YJ, STaK 300, D44's, SOA, ARB's, 4.56s, Bilsteins, 35" KM2's
                    50 CJ3A
                    77 J-10, 360/T-18/D20, SOLD

Comment

• Tinkerjeep
                      Banned
                      • Mar 01, 2009

I think Tongue and Groove wood flooring would look better.

But for Prissy-ness, I think Faux Deluxe Oak Textured Vinyl Flooring on the roll would be closer to correct.

And don't forget to glue and screw your transition moulding down to prevent peeling edges!

Comment

• Tinkerjeep
                        Banned
                        • Mar 01, 2009

Originally posted by Full Size Jeeper
                        BTW, what part of the vehicle is that on? I can't place the body lines.

Comment

• serehill
                          Gone,Never Forgotten.
                          • Nov 22, 2009

simple

80 Cherokee
                          360 ci 727 with
                          Comp cams 270 h
                          NP208
                          Edlebrock performer intake
                          Holley 4180
                          Msd total multi spark.
                          4" rusty's springs
                          Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

If you can't make it better why waste your time. No use repeating the orignal mistakes. I'm to old to push it that's why.

Comment

• Tinkerjeep
                            Banned
                            • Mar 01, 2009

Ahaaaaaa....Urm...I'll keep my mouth shut. (Cringe).

Comment

• Tinkerjeep
                              Banned
                              • Mar 01, 2009

BTW...just to be clear, I hadn't looked at your link when I posted my reply below your post. I was answering the OP.

Originally posted by JPSwapMohn
                              Check out the work Brent Click in Greenville SC did to this GW. I think it looks great. I contacted him and still intend to make a trip down to his shop at some point. A mom&pop place, but looking through their blog, he does some really clean work.

this truck showed up with badly applied vinyl woodgrain and painted over rust on the roof and about 500 other problems. the hood on the truck was full of fillers and had a horribly applied jelly un…

He remade trim panels to fit the lines better. He also hand wood grained the interior trim pieces. He said the paint job was in the $4k range, not including everything else he did to this rig. I really want one of the defrost vent covers he made for this!

I do not like the look or idea of "Woodies" on Jeep bodies, that being said, that job in the link you posted looks sweet! It takes a master's hand to do work like that. Very smooth, very beautiful work. I'd never own it though...I'd be afraid of it getting wrecked.

Comment

Working...
                              X