International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > Build Threads

Old 07-25-2020, 10:31 PM
327 Rambler

I started working on the sniper system. Because I'm just going to use the robbmc surge tank for now, I decided to recess it into my drivers inner fender. I located the hyperspark box on the firewall and the coil on the drivers inner fender. I'm not 100% sure if my coil will stay there.

I have most of the parts coming to finish the sniper. My used unit did not come with the 02 sensor or harness, or the coolant sensor. Unless I misplaced them? I also need fuel filters and fuel injection fuel line.

I'm still thinking about what I'm going to do about the dash. It is pretty crusty. and has just that one rust hole.

Here are the pics

Old 07-31-2020, 11:46 PM
327 Rambler

I'm still waiting on the sniper parts. In the mean time I was able to use the old Makita battery trick to lower the rear window and with some patience and pb blaster it opened for the first time in at least 10 years. This I was really sweating because of the passenger door latch foot being super rusty and seized. There is so little access to the tailgate latch feet. but it opened so I'll take the win.

All of my fuel lines are routed except the Fuel injection pressure hose to the sniper. I did change the 90's from the tight turn brass to a long radius earls. I hope it helps. Got my new plugs in, my dui live wires ran. I need to dig up an HEI style coil wire to finish those. Install the temp sensor and o2 stuff. finish the sniper wiring add some fuel. prime the mcrobb and see what happens. I'm really hoping it happens this week.

Then its getting the dash repaired and re installed with the sweet dash pad Art threw in and the new to me dakota gauges. Then the windshield. Then the floors.