• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jtruax3
    230 Tornado
    • Aug 01, 2014

Team Grand Wagoneer discount?

Anyone know if if TGW offered us a discount like BJ's? I've called twice and left a voicemail,emailed twice also earlier this week and nothing! I read somewhere on the forum they did but it was an old thread and the code no longer worked. Just wondering if anyone else has any info on this???
  • Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
    Cherokee Outlaw
    • Jan 10, 2006

Well, I see their customer service hasn't changed...
    Even if they did offer a discount I would never buy from them again.
    there have been thread after thread over the years of the poor service this company provides. it is this reason we are warning new guys of this company. buy at your own risk.

Well, Chalk it up to newbie. I didn't research enough before jumping all in. Obviously when you search for Wagoneer parts, Team Grand Wagoneer is the first site that comes up. Very professional site, lots of great pictures, ordering process is easy. >$500 order placed on Sept. 26th. Had comments in my order to

Yup, yet another bad Team Grand Wagoneer experience. I ordered new seat belts for $274 and a new set of tan interior carpet for $319. Both had serious issues when they arrived. It's been over a month now and despite repeated phone calls and emails there has been no answer regarding replacement. The carpet I chronicled in

Ordered a hood cable assembly and a new air cleaner assembly from them. A week or so later, after parts from other vendors had arrived, I called them because the order was still listed on their site as "pending." Girl on the phone put me on hold for a long timee and then told me she'd have to check the warehouse for

I just thought I would share my experience... I called them on the phone to order a dozen or so parts: window wipes, weather stripping, lock set, etc. The lady on the phone asked "what year vehicle" - I said '82 cherokee - I hear her mumble XJ. I correct her and explain that it is a full size. She didn't get it. She

Hi guys, I am trying to order some stuff from TGW but they don't answer my E-mails ( 4 of them ) or answer the telephone ; I rang them up just yet ; it should be office hours, or ? ? ? I heard a tape and that was it ... Are they on vacation or out of bussiness or don't they like customers from abroad or is it my odeur :D

sent me a crap flex track for my driver side window that broke in 3 seconds and there questioning me about it. girl on phone who sounds like she dosent know what an fsj is "is your regulator working properly" me "yes, you sent me a bad part" girl on phone "i realized we didnt send instructions on how to
    -Jonny B.
    1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    7" Alcan springs, BJ's HD shackles - 35x12.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains
    AMC 401 - Pro-Flo 4 EFI
    NV4500/NWF BB/NP205 - Triple Stick'd
    F D44 - 4.10, Eaton E-Locker
    R M23 - 4.10, Detroit Locker

1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
    1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
    1979 Wagoneer - Sold
    1981 Cherokee Chief - Cubed

Comment

• Tripwire
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • Jul 30, 2000

Let the beating begin......its a five finger discount....they take your cash and perhaps will send you a box of something
      Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:

Comment

• Texafornian
        258 I6
        • Apr 01, 2014

I'm not aware of any TGW discounts. I have used them once and the transaction went exactly as it should. So far, they have me as a customer.
        ~Jim Sherlock~

Comment

• Jtruax3
          230 Tornado
          • Aug 01, 2014

I know I feel the same way! Im dreading ordering from them but the only reason is because of the oem style weather stripping otherwise I'd just stick with BJ's.

Comment

• Jtruax3
            230 Tornado
            • Aug 01, 2014

Originally posted by Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
            Well, I see their customer service hasn't changed...
            Even if they did offer a discount I would never buy from them again.
            there have been thread after thread over the years of the poor service this company provides. it is this reason we are warning new guys of this company. buy at your own risk.

Well, Chalk it up to newbie. I didn't research enough before jumping all in. Obviously when you search for Wagoneer parts, Team Grand Wagoneer is the first site that comes up. Very professional site, lots of great pictures, ordering process is easy. >$500 order placed on Sept. 26th. Had comments in my order to

Yup, yet another bad Team Grand Wagoneer experience. I ordered new seat belts for $274 and a new set of tan interior carpet for $319. Both had serious issues when they arrived. It's been over a month now and despite repeated phone calls and emails there has been no answer regarding replacement. The carpet I chronicled in

Ordered a hood cable assembly and a new air cleaner assembly from them. A week or so later, after parts from other vendors had arrived, I called them because the order was still listed on their site as "pending." Girl on the phone put me on hold for a long timee and then told me she'd have to check the warehouse for

I just thought I would share my experience... I called them on the phone to order a dozen or so parts: window wipes, weather stripping, lock set, etc. The lady on the phone asked "what year vehicle" - I said '82 cherokee - I hear her mumble XJ. I correct her and explain that it is a full size. She didn't get it. She

Hi guys, I am trying to order some stuff from TGW but they don't answer my E-mails ( 4 of them ) or answer the telephone ; I rang them up just yet ; it should be office hours, or ? ? ? I heard a tape and that was it ... Are they on vacation or out of bussiness or don't they like customers from abroad or is it my odeur :D

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=159359

God you just scared the hell out of me reading this stuff! Lol I knew they were bad but...Expletive Deleted!Expletive Deleted!Expletive Deleted!! How are they even stil in business??!! Well I guess if your taking money without send product that helps.

Comment

• Texafornian
              258 I6
              • Apr 01, 2014

I will order from them again. On a side note, if your doors are leaking, just replacing the door seals won't completely stop it. I'm currently on the hunt for the additional weatherstrip pieces that attach to the front surface of the front doors and above all four doors.
              ~Jim Sherlock~

Comment

• Jtruax3
                230 Tornado
                • Aug 01, 2014

Originally posted by Texafornian
                I will order from them again. On a side note, if your doors are leaking, just replacing the door seals won't completely stop it. I'm currently on the hunt for the additional weatherstrip pieces that attach to the front surface of the front doors and above all four doors.

Not really sure if mine were leaking but I'm assuming so. I've only had my wag for less than a year and immediately stripped it down and started restoring it but the seals were all tore up and the driver side floor had a big hole in it so I'm sure water was an issue. I have new belt moldings,the door handle and lock gaskets,and ordering the window channels as well but the universal weather seal for the body worries me a bit because I've read it makes the doors difficult to close right. That's the only reason I'm considering TGW over BJ's otherwise I stick completely with BJ's!

Comment

• Texafornian
                  258 I6
                  • Apr 01, 2014

I've got a hole in the floor on the passenger side that the PO slid by me. I just installed the door seals from TGW and it went fine. I'm pretty anal, so I fully cleaned the mounting area and used 3M weatherstrip adhesive.
                  ~Jim Sherlock~

Comment

• Jtruax3
                    230 Tornado
                    • Aug 01, 2014

Originally posted by Texafornian
                    I've got a hole in the floor on the passenger side that the PO slid by me. I just installed the door seals from TGW and it went fine. I'm pretty anal, so I fully cleaned the mounting area and used 3M weatherstrip adhesive.

How do your doors shut? Do you really have to slam them hard?

Comment

• Jtruax3
                      230 Tornado
                      • Aug 01, 2014

Anyone have BJ's universal weather seals?

Comment

• Texafornian
                        258 I6
                        • Apr 01, 2014

Because of how the rear door seems to crush the seal, down in the front bottom, I had an issue closing those doors. I suspect the doors need to be adjusted. I adjusted the strikers and yes, you do initially have to use a lot of pressure to get them fully closed. I had no such problem with the front doors. As for the rears, when I stand back and look at the body lines, I do think the doors need a slight position adjustment. I'm going to have a local body guy check it out for me. With my back missing 3 disks and another one damaged, I'm not about to try and hold the weight of the door and try to do the adjustment.
                        ~Jim Sherlock~

Comment

Working...
                        X