• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miamitj
    232 I6
    • Mar 24, 2016

Help needed finding a side window gasket on '76 Cherokee

So I'm in the middle of the restoration of my '76 Cherokee when I realized the weatherstrip kit I was getting does not include the long side window & its small vent window.

Any thought on where I can find one? The existing one is beat pretty bad...
    1976 Cherokee S AMC 360
    1991 XJ
    2022 JT

'76 SJ Build Thread
  • rang-a-stang
    Administrator
    • Oct 31, 2016

subscribing. I am not sure and haven't seen them. Hoping someone else has. Mine could use some replacing too.
    Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
    (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
    (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
    79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
    (Cherokee Build Thread)
    11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
    09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
    00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• wiley-moeracing
      350 Buick
      • Feb 15, 2010

I had a set I gave to a local used jeep parts place called amc salvage in Glendale Arizona, they were in very good shape but that was years ago, they may still have them?

Comment

• joe
        • Apr 28, 2000

I would think with the low demand OEM type one-piece aren't avail anymore. I'd check with a shop that does RV/trailer work or a boat yard for cut-to-fit material sold by the foot. Our steel work boats used pop-out windows on the sides wheelhouse. Gasket material was easy to get at a ship yard. The private tupperware fleet, fiberglass pleasure boats also use a lot of pop-out cabin windows. Shouldn't be too hard to find at a marine supply house or decent boatyard especially in FL. Bring a piece of yours in and match it up.
        joe
        "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• fsj454
          Long time member
          • Jan 02, 2015

Cargo side windows

If you are looking for rubber glass cargo area seals for flip out windows they are two piece one for the solid glass and one for the flip out window on a 1976 Cherokee. I have two rear portion windows and rubbers please contact me if interested so I can look at condition
          1982 cherokee nt. 454. nv4500 .205. dana 60 f+r. twin stick.hydroboost.hydrolic clutch.rock ram.traction bar.warn 12000 winch.4 wheel disc.flip kit.soa.high steer.cross over steer.4.56 detroit locker.35 spline rear alloy axles. 37s .1990 grand wagoneer aka trusty rusty

Comment

Working...
          X