• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KdkGrizz
    232 I6
    • Jul 18, 2014

Fuel sending unit calibration and install frustrating

So my fuel gauge has never been what you call “Accurate”. Anyhow had to drop the tank to install rock sliders. I figured while I had it out I would replace the sending unit. Well it’s all calibrated on the bench 73 and 10 ohms. I get it installed in the tank and hmm 68.5 ohms. I figure I probably bent one of the tabs A little. No biggie I can adjust that. I reached in with a hook and raised the float to the full up position and it reads 10 ohms.. sweet...but I also hear the float hitting the top of the tank..ugh... I let the float down and hear the telltale sound of the float hitting the bottom of the tank....insert expletives here. Next test waste take the old unit I removed and perform same test and yep same result.

Ok so obviously an empty reading is much more important than full and this explains why when I have filled the tank in the past it was always just a little less than 3/4 on the gauge..

Oh by the way I have a Dakota digital dash that has a preprogrammed setting for 73-10ohms , I wonder if this is messing with that..��

Anyone got a suggestion for this or experienced the same thing?? ��
    Last edited by KdkGrizz; 07-26-2020, 10:38 AM.
    Kodi

82 WAGONEER It's a project
    360ci 727 and NP208

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese...
  • babywag
    out of order
    • Jun 08, 2005

since your guage is programable? maybe change settings?

or can shorten arm a little by putting an "S" shaped bend in it.
    Tony
    88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• KdkGrizz
      232 I6
      • Jul 18, 2014

Originally posted by babywag

Yep there is a manual process for calibrating it. 0-1/3-2/3-full.
      Hmm “S” shape I like it. Since the float, floats on top of the fuel should I account for that ?
      Kodi

360ci 727 and NP208

Comment

• jeepman42
        232 I6
        • Mar 13, 2019

Details on window & lift R&R

Many prev opinions on this in past years. Hopefully this will add a few helpful details.?
        1 Electric window removal seems to be easier if lift parts are removed from door.
        2 A manual helps except for those smarter than I.
        3 When window loose move it by hand to top & tape in up position
        4 With tape drive, disconnect power, remove top& bottom bolts, remove 4 bolts on motor unit,separate from bracket & remove motor. then bracket w drive tape can be removed. With motor attached I've only been frustrated. This also allows regreasing .Gear can be lifted out & tape removed if it needs replacement.
        5 Then remove lower half of wipe in lower channel, remove division bracket bolts top& bottom, lower window by hand as far down as it will go.
        6 By hand ,inside door, move division bar away from window edge until clear &move window toward out side of door.
        Easy doesn't do it!!

Comment

• KdkGrizz
          232 I6
          • Jul 18, 2014

Originally posted by jeepman42
          Many prev opinions on this in past years. Hopefully this will add a few helpful details.?
          1 Electric window removal seems to be easier if lift parts are removed from door.
          2 A manual helps except for those smarter than I.
          3 When window loose move it by hand to top & tape in up position
          4 With tape drive, disconnect power, remove top& bottom bolts, remove 4 bolts on motor unit,separate from bracket & remove motor. then bracket w drive tape can be removed. With motor attached I've only been frustrated. This also allows regreasing .Gear can be lifted out & tape removed if it needs replacement.
          5 Then remove lower half of wipe in lower channel, remove division bracket bolts top& bottom, lower window by hand as far down as it will go.
          6 By hand ,inside door, move division bar away from window edge until clear &move window toward out side of door.
          Thanks for the info. My windows are manual. But great info
          Kodi

360ci 727 and NP208

Comment

• KdkGrizz
            232 I6
            • Jul 18, 2014

Originally posted by babywag

“S” in the wire worked to perfection
            Kodi

360ci 727 and NP208

Comment

Working...
            X