• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nikkormat
    232 I6
    • Jan 03, 2015

QFT carburators

Does anyone have bad things to say about QFT carburators? I'm looking at a Quick Fuel Slayer 600cfm vacuum secondary carb for my new 401. I figure with some minor mods it should work as well if not better than a truck avenger off-road without the wonky metering on road. This is the carb in question:
    Free Shipping - Quick Fuel Slayer Series Carburetors with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Carburetors at Summit Racing.

Any experience with that carb or the brand in general?
  • Ristow
    • Jan 20, 2006

its what i would buy.
    Originally posted by Hankrod
    Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
    ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• Nikkormat
      232 I6
      • Jan 03, 2015

Would you think it OK to run a Percy's plate on it?

Comment

• Ristow
        • Jan 20, 2006

yeah,should bolt right up.are you running up and down the mopuntain? cuz otherwise you don't need that.

i would get a set of low speed air bleeds one size smaller than what it comes with. it will extend the overlap of the idle circuit. it will also make it a tad richer altho thats more a function of the jets.

on the 4180's i rebuild and recalibrate these run real crisp with a smaller idle bleed.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• Nikkormat
          232 I6
          • Jan 03, 2015

Originally posted by Ristow
          yeah,should bolt right up.are you running up and down the mopuntain? cuz otherwise you don't need that.

i would get a set of low speed air bleeds one size smaller than what it comes with. it will extend the overlap of the idle circuit. it will also make it a tad richer altho thats more a function of the jets.

on the 4180's i rebuild and recalibrate these run real crisp with a smaller idle bleed.
          Yep I run up and down mountains. I can change 9000 feet in a day sometimes. Ideally I need a Dial-A-Mile setup or fuel.inject but for now... A simple carb. I will keep the bleeds in mind, the low speed are the ones in the metering block? Or the ones up by the boosters?

Comment

• Ristow
            • Jan 20, 2006

jets are in the block,bleeds are in the body.

Comment

Working...
            X