Anyone swapped a Wagoneer onto a Ram 2500 chassis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdoffroad
    230 Tornado
    • Jun 09, 2010

Anyone swapped a Wagoneer onto a Ram 2500 chassis?

Ok so after a wild a dream (dont laugh) I woke up guidance for my next buildup, a Cummins powered Wagoneer....I know, nothing new or earthshattering.. but I was curious, rather than swap axles, engine, drivetrain etc... anyone ever dropped the Jeep body on the Dodge chassis? I figure wheelbase adjustments will need to be done along with bodymounts, but, why not? Anyone??
  • nc wagoneer
    350 Buick
    • May 08, 2012

With enough $$$ anything is possible I guesss I once saw a 40's Chevy truck on like a 93 ram chassis on craigslist and it was amazing, clean, and was 4x4 plus it was restored with a 94 ram interior
    old blue-79 jeep wagoneer 360 Quadra Trac (soon to be for sale )
    Name TBA: 77 j20 D60/d44 360/t15 with flatbed (new toy)
    "BROWED AND PROUD"
    Originally posted by fulsizjeep
    Truth is FSJs are crack on wheels. One taste and you are addicted. Then you just want more. Anyone who does not see this is in denial.

Comment

• Mudbull
      232 I6
      • Aug 11, 2011

Im in the process of dropping a gladiator body onto a 2nd gen (94-98) dodge ram chassis. I shortened it to the proper wheelbase, and thats about all i could get done until i get my other project on the road. To me it seems a lot more simple than trying to make everything else fit where its not supposed to, and on top of that trying to brace up an 'inferior' frame...good luck, follow your dreams!!
      1968 Gladiator Thriftside
      12v p-pump cummins
      Nv5600/Nv241dhd, D60 front, D80 rear

Comment

• mdoffroad
        230 Tornado
        • Jun 09, 2010

Thats the school of thought I was having too. Lift kits are easy on Rams, the suspension rides decent, no swapping axles, beefing up a frame, etc etc... and for ME electrical work is GRAVY and almost fun. Wiring the old Wagoneer body to interact witht he Ram chassis would be sooo easy

Comment

• GWDriver
          304 AMC
          • Jul 07, 2003

Originally posted by mdoffroad
          Thats the school of thought I was having too. Lift kits are easy on Rams, the suspension rides decent, no swapping axles, beefing up a frame, etc etc... and for ME electrical work is GRAVY and almost fun. Wiring the old Wagoneer body to interact witht he Ram chassis would be sooo easy
          When you do this one, be sure and post lots of pics. I'm not the only 'tron challenged' individual out here............. .
          LarryD
          USMC Retired

Good Lovin', Good Beer, and a Grand Wagoneer. What more could one want?

1984 Grand Wagoneer My therapy
          1988 GMC Suburban soon to be retired. . .SOLD
          2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS/LX Wifes DD
          2003 Dodge TD 4x4 long bed

Comment

• GWDriver
            304 AMC
            • Jul 07, 2003

I really would like to see this done. Much as I am incredibly impressed with the builds being done here involving swapping a Cummins 6BT into an FSJ, I happen to own both an '03 RAM 2500 TD AND an '84 GW.

Hmmm. the possibilities are limitless.................
            LarryD
            USMC Retired

Comment

• nc wagoneer
              350 Buick
              • May 08, 2012

Originally posted by GWDriver
              I really would like to see this done. Much as I am incredibly impressed with the builds being done here involving swapping a Cummins 6BT into an FSJ, I happen to own both an '03 RAM 2500 TD AND an '84 GW.

Hmmm. the possibilities are limitless.................
              So your gonna ruin both of your 4x4's I love how smart we are on the forums We definetaly have the most creative site on the internet
              old blue-79 jeep wagoneer 360 Quadra Trac (soon to be for sale )
              Name TBA: 77 j20 D60/d44 360/t15 with flatbed (new toy)
              "BROWED AND PROUD"
              Originally posted by fulsizjeep
              Truth is FSJs are crack on wheels. One taste and you are addicted. Then you just want more. Anyone who does not see this is in denial.

Comment

• Jays jeep
                230 Tornado
                • Feb 20, 2014

Originally posted by Mudbull
                Im in the process of dropping a gladiator body onto a 2nd gen (94-98) dodge ram chassis. I shortened it to the proper wheelbase, and thats about all i could get done until i get my other project on the road. To me it seems a lot more simple than trying to make everything else fit where its not supposed to, and on top of that trying to brace up an 'inferior' frame...good luck, follow your dreams!!
                l

I have actually been thinking of doing a similar thing. I have a friend with a beat up 3rd gen Dodge 2500 that runs like a beast but has a crap body. I thought it would be much easier to swap the J10 body on to the dodge chasis. keep us posted on this build.
                1979 Jeep Cherokee S (38,000 original miles)
                1985 Jeep J-10
                1986 Jeep CJ7
                1985 Jeep CJ8
                1969 Jeep Commando
                1986 Grand Wagoneer
                1978 Jeep CJ5 Silver Anniversary
                1949 Willys 2A race Jeep
                1983 J-10 Stepside

Yes they all run and drive (well, most of the time)
                And for the right price they are all for sale so I can buy others.

Comment

Looks up the Cummins swaps on here. I think one of those guys did it. Jeep magazine did one too but I can't find the issue.
                  Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• Mudbull
                    232 I6
                    • Aug 11, 2011

Originally posted by Jays jeep
                    l

I have actually been thinking of doing a similar thing. I have a friend with a beat up 3rd gen Dodge 2500 that runs like a beast but has a crap body. I thought it would be much easier to swap the J10 body on to the dodge chasis. keep us posted on this build.
                    I still think that this is the way to go, although I'd have moved the engine back an additional 2-4" for better radiator/fan clearance. I've been running my truck for over a year now, I just finished replacing the original head gasket on my 320,000mi cummins (the engine being forward of the firewall helped in this instance).

Here is the build, not much has changed, but I should update it...
                    Hello everyone, This is my first post, but i have a feeling ill be on here a lot from now on! Over the past couple months ive been looking around for a unique, affordable truck that i can use as a daily driver, for offroading, and hauling stuff. A couple weeks ago i didnt even know that kaiser ever made jeeps-let alone a truck.
                    1968 Gladiator Thriftside
                    12v p-pump cummins
                    Nv5600/Nv241dhd, D60 front, D80 rear

Comment

• GWDriver
                      304 AMC
                      • Jul 07, 2003

Originally posted by nc wagoneer
                      So your gonna ruin both of your 4x4's I love how smart we are on the forums We definetaly have the most creative site on the internet
                      Chuckle........... But I could never really do that to my two most favorite toys. My only complaint about the RAM? It has a tendency to eat water pumps on some of them. Between 43,506 miles and 106,000 miles on the RAM, I've changed two water pumps. Of course, it's only a thirty minute job, but still..............

MY GW is still my most favorite automotive toy.
                      LarryD
                      USMC Retired

Comment

• Eugene 1
                        304 AMC
                        • Feb 04, 2006

here a couple of videos he is a member here, He set a Cherokee down on a modified Dodge frame

gotmike. cummins cherokee, offroad, extreme driving, offroading

yanking an anchor out of the ground from an old light post... ended up ripping the anchor in half...
                        JEEP
                        2005 Ram 1500 HemI

Comment

• NJBattleWagon334
                          232 I6
                          • Apr 04, 2014

me and my brother did it with a 66 gladiator... but the cab and bed on a 85 dodge w150 chassis and drive train just made some body mounts and a few modifications here and there and it worked great. we felt the same about it being a easier solution... go for it.
                          South Jersey... 1989 Grand Wagoneer. Building to be prepared. because in the end.. The Jeep is gonna be the last one standing!! CB Channel 4 "Pipewrench"

"I think that things a jeep...."

Comment

Working...
                          X