International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > Fuel Injection

Old 03-08-2016, 03:56 PM

Good .bin file for 360 for TunerPro

So, anybody have a good bin file they love with their AMC 360 motor?

I have the stock Howell program, and I have the stock Chevy TBI truck program from the 7747 ECM. Both run really, really rich in mine. (on this rig I put on a Howell TBI system).

Does someone have a good program they run? I'd be besides myself if I found one for the 0-4k ft elevation range, and one for a 4k-10k ft elevation range.

Cheers all!!

1990 Grand Waggy / Howell TBI AMC 360 / DUI Performance distributor / BJ's 6" lift ' / 35" Kevlar MTR's / 4.56 gearing / E2 lockers front and rear / Sway bar disconnects / Hydroboost brake system / HD UJoint rag-joint eliminating steering shaft / and various other real nice goodies
Old 03-10-2016, 11:29 PM

I have the Howell bin for anyone that is looking btw if they wanted a good spot to start from.

There are some tweaks I'd like to do to it now, but now that I have everything working so great on my rig, the Howell .bin runs pretty good.

I'd say it runs richer than a stock $42 bin just for reference.
1990 Grand Waggy / Howell TBI AMC 360 / DUI Performance distributor / BJ's 6" lift ' / 35" Kevlar MTR's / 4.56 gearing / E2 lockers front and rear / Sway bar disconnects / Hydroboost brake system / HD UJoint rag-joint eliminating steering shaft / and various other real nice goodies
Old 03-12-2016, 08:53 AM
350 Buick

Just musing, it would be nice if we could put together a clean starter bin that would safely start and run a stock motor as a starting point for those who are going to fuel injection. It could be modified to suit your needs and equipment so you would not have to start completely at ground zero.
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmcfvYSDdeFJ-NHY1MA_9Iw
Build Thread: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=174925
Old 03-13-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Just musing, it would be nice if we could put together a clean starter bin that would safely start and run a stock motor as a starting point for those who are going to fuel injection. It could be modified to suit your needs and equipment so you would not have to start completely at ground zero.

So, I've been working with the master and commander of things tuning -- the creator of TunerPro (who happens to live 5 minutes from my house) and the stellar Mr. Moates ... and a great suggestion by BabyWag here on the forum, and what I'm finding is that the stock ADSU program for the 350 is actually a decent place to start. Not getting too deep into the weeds, but it was actually quite easy to start getting my long term fuel trim to 128 from the stock ADSU program. My idle is set perfect now, and now I'm just going to try and work through the rest of the table and get everything set so i'm as close to 128 throughout the table.

The Howell program that came with mine is definitely rich...and I'm at sea level for all intents and purposes.

I have a copy of the stock ADSU bin for anyone who wants a good basic place to start from.

I'm still new to the programming game, and have much to learn, but it's pretty fun to get into it and see how simple (once you grasp the concepts) it can be and how rewarding on performance!
Old 03-14-2016, 12:32 PM
out of order

In TunerPro you can do a .bin compare, compare the stock Howell to the stock ASDU.

IIRC Howell doesn't change much vs. stock.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babywag
In TunerPro you can do a .bin compare, compare the stock Howell to the stock ASDU.

IIRC Howell doesn't change much vs. stock.
Yup. That's what I see. They changed some fuel table (richer) and did spark changes, but that's about it.

I actually went back to the stock ASDU and am starting from there. I got the idle BLM and short term trim to 128 at idle. runs so nice. Now, I just need to work myself through the table and do the same until it's all as close to 128 as I can get.

After our trip, I think I'm going to work on getting my DUI dizzy sent back and setup with GM spark control module so I can control that as well, and lose the vacuum advance.

Babywag...do you have knock sensor hooked up? Since they're tuned to specific blocks (if you do) does it work?
Old 03-14-2016, 01:17 PM
out of order

I do not on my '90, but do have it on the '88.

It appears to detect knock on the '88 properly, like when I tried a pretty aggressive timing curve.
Not sure how accurate it actually is though.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:23 PM
out of order

Also don't beat yourself up trying to get that "perfect 128" on every cell.

It changes due to varying conditions and that's what the computer is for.
Do a couple good logs, adjust it, and call it good.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Also don't beat yourself up trying to get that "perfect 128" on every cell.

It changes due to varying conditions and that's what the computer is for.
Do a couple good logs, adjust it, and call it good.

I'm shooting for 128 as close as I can, but I figure that if I'm between 120 and 140 all around the table in general, I'll be good and let the computer compensate appropriately.

Did you use a knock sensor for a 350 btw? I figure that's the only way the ECM will recognize it?

And when you put in a VSS, did you have to change speedo's to an electronic?
Old 03-14-2016, 07:08 PM
350 Buick

I am watching this closely. I still have some other task to take care of before I get on my fuel injection install.
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmcfvYSDdeFJ-NHY1MA_9Iw
Build Thread: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=174925
Old 03-14-2016, 07:32 PM
out of order

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedog
I'm shooting for 128 as close as I can, but I figure that if I'm between 120 and 140 all around the table in general, I'll be good and let the computer compensate appropriately.

Did you use a knock sensor for a 350 btw? I figure that's the only way the ECM will recognize it?

And when you put in a VSS, did you have to change speedo's to an electronic?

You want it closer than that like 125-135. What I meant was don't obsess on "128".

No, still mechanical speedo.
Knock sensor needs to match module. So use what donor vehicle had.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:19 AM

Quote:
You want it closer than that like 125-135. What I meant was don't obsess on "128".

No, still mechanical speedo.
Knock sensor needs to match module. So use what donor vehicle had.

So where is your VSS coming from? on my other rig, I put in an electronic speedometer and signal from that went to ECM I think...where is the Vehicle Speed Sensor getting it's info from? Or maybe the easier question is where does the VSS go if it's not already in and you're keeping you manual speedo cable? is there an insert that fits between the manual speedo cable and the TC?
Old 03-15-2016, 08:09 AM
out of order

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Spe...eedometer.html

you want #1 2PRS
Old 03-15-2016, 09:38 PM

Quote:

Old 03-18-2016, 12:17 AM
258 I6

I would recommend spending a little time in the injection forum FAQs on binderplanet.com like most others here did when they started.
Everything you are slowly discovering is already spelled out in the FAQs and has been for about 15yrs.
All you need to do is read and follow the instructions.
Even how to set up a basic tune for any engine like the AMCs.

There's really no need to try to reinvent the wheel.
75 scout XLC 345/727/JPD300/3.73's/33's/4wdisc/hydroboost/EFI/OBA/OBW
1977 Innocenti 1001 (Italian Mini)EFI 1275/DIS
Old 03-21-2016, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill USN-1
I would recommend spending a little time in the injection forum FAQs on binderplanet.com like most others here did when they started.
Everything you are slowly discovering is already spelled out in the FAQs and has been for about 15yrs.
All you need to do is read and follow the instructions.
Even how to set up a basic tune for any engine like the AMCs.

There's really no need to try to reinvent the wheel.

Not trying to reinvent anything. Some of us aren't privy or aware of previous knowledge bases, or other websites, or resources. That's the point of a community forum right? Where we can help each other out and lend a collective hand to one another...it's not always lack of desire to learn or trying to reinvent anything, just looking for help or answers.

Thanks for the reference. I'll have to go take a peek.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:41 PM
258 I6

That being said then you must have already read(or maybe didn't ) the sticky at the top specific to GM based efi systems with the link(resources) to the binderplanet information.
I was simply reiterating what others here had already provided the members.
75 scout XLC 345/727/JPD300/3.73's/33's/4wdisc/hydroboost/EFI/OBA/OBW
1977 Innocenti 1001 (Italian Mini)EFI 1275/DIS