• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blake
    304 AMC
    • Dec 22, 2005

Originally posted by Hippie Metal
    Is it just the 83 W300's rear 60 that bolt in or most rears from the 80's? Any years from that decade that wouldn't work? Heading to the junkyard in a few days, so it'd be nice to know what to keep an eye out for
    I really don't know what years. I remember seeing a couple other early 80's Dodge D60's that appeared to be the same. Best bet is to measure the spring perches on your truck, then get one that is the same.

But like I said, I rounded off the factory spring perches and had to weld in new ones, so I kinda think it's a mute point. The stock ones aren't that great. Plus, there doesn't seem to be any good 'bolt on' disk brake kits out there. (this is up for debate though).
    Please come on over to http://fsjnetwork.com/forum and have a look.

Comment

• cajun_lad
      350 Buick
      • Feb 17, 2006

The rear I used on my wag was from a 80's Dodge 3/4ton truck/van. It would have bolted right in, but like what was said, the stock perches aren't that great. I went with a set of TTS tall perches to help with axle wrap and to give another 1/2"-1" of lift. And the GubNi disc kit is a bolt-on for the Dodge axle, no problems with mine. He makes kits for different years and makes, you just need to know what year and make your axle came out of for the best fit.
      Joey
      Jeep-Less

Comment

• cajun_lad
        350 Buick
        • Feb 17, 2006

FYI, if you don't know the year/make of your axle.. here's a very helpful tool. All you need is the BOM # stamped on the axle...

http://www2.dana.com/pdf/XGI.PDF
        Joey
        Jeep-Less

Comment

• Headhoncho
          AMC 4 OH! 1
          • Oct 11, 2006

Originally posted by AKjeeper
          I thought it was zero caster????????? I did an SOA on my 79 at 0* and it worked perfectly
          Probably couldn't feel the difference 'cause all the snow.

If you have a Ford 9" axle planned for the rear, does this mean you're swapping out the eight lug outers on the F250 front or are you going to run mismatched wheels?

JR
          [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
          1966 mustang fastback
          '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• AKjeeper
            232 I6
            • Feb 03, 2012

Originally posted by Headhoncho
            Probably couldn't feel the difference 'cause all the snow.

If you have a Ford 9" axle planned for the rear, does this mean you're swapping out the eight lug outers on the F250 front or are you going to run mismatched wheels?

JR
            No, I messed up and I have a dana 60 rear end lined up from another 3/4 ton ford, not the 9". Sorry
            86 Waggy, Rear home brew shackle flip, front add-a-leaf and Chevy shackles, fender trim, WARN M8000, Lincoln locked rear, 15x10 rims and 33x12.50 Muds, 3.54 cogs

Comment

• misfittom138
              350 Buick
              • Dec 19, 2007

Originally posted by Suddendeath
              If you're going to swap in a different rear axle, In my opinion it should be full float. Gotta do all that work for the swap anyway, why not put in something 100x stronger?

There are 35 and 40 spline full float kits made for the 9". Pretty sweet.
              81 Wagoneer 360/727/208, lockrite rear/welded front,4.10s, 7"SOA/shackle flip,3" body,OBA,37" Iroks,chopped,caged,highsteer,hydro assist....

Comment

The Ford axle is just slightly wider than Jtruck.
                Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
                X