• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FSJ Thing
    Propane Protagonist
    • Aug 25, 2002

Internal or External?

On the new topic for September, who wants to install a roll bar or cage, and do you want it to be hidden inside the cab so the outside looks stock, or would you rather build an exo-cage to protect the whole body?

If anybody has pics of a Wag with an exo-cage, post them! I wanna see what it would look like!
    The Cherowagladabego Project. Updates coming as soon as I do something update worthy.

Bring back Junk Yard Genius! he may have peed in some of your cornflakes, but everything he told me was helpful!
  • 6foot4 again
    Redneck in Remission
    • Aug 02, 2003

I would like it on the inside, that way i STILL don't have to worry about body damage...
    <b>Lucille</b> 1980 Chero 4-door<br />parting out<br /><br /><b>on a diet of rice</b> 67 Wag<br />want to get it running<br /><br /><b>The Reason</b> 83 Chero WT<br />$50 acquisition<br /><br /><b>no name yet</b> 76 Wag<br />what you know about free Jeeps?

Comment

• Woodstock-Waggy
      232 I6
      • Aug 28, 2001

I believe that rockjeep has / had and external. .

Anyway, internal. I hope to never need it, but would be really happy it was thier when I rolled. Besides, my neighbors would freak if I came home with it on the outside.
      Bill Randall-88 GW (Big Ugly)<br />Custom(rattlecan)KONA BROWN paint Creativly engineered gt skidplate<br />Wide Track front springs<br />ESPO stock height rears springs<br />30\" generic tires on stock rims<br />Autozone plastic center counsel<br />Custom Spare tire holder(r-strap) Edelbrock Oil Breather cap<br />Factory Brushgard (Thanks Bubba)<br />TFI upgrade (Yeah C\'mon!)<br /><br />\"It\'s big, It\'s ugly, but it\'s still move\'n\"

Comment

• AMX factor
        360 AMC
        • Apr 06, 2003

I've actually been contemplating the roll cage idea myself. I want something unique. I started doing measurments to build a cage that is sort of both in and out. Imagine the rage hoops dropping down thru the top of the roof going thru the interior backout holes in the bottom and tying to the frame. The 3 loops drop thru say 3" holes cut in the roof. I was looking at this idea as it would also make a great base for a heavy duty roof rack. It would just bolt or weld to the hoops that stuck out the top. The back 2 hoops are gonna be pretty easy to do. The angled frotn that goes past the dash from the top by the windshield is gonna take some engineering.
        "I'm sick of this sickness, don't touch me you'll get this."
        1984 GWag "orphan" for sale
        2 x 1975 Matador "murder machines"
        1970 SST390 Javelin 10 yr project!

Comment

• Poley
          360 AMC
          • Mar 22, 2003

I've be planning to build an internal roll cage, and then chop the rear end...Don't like the look of an external cage... just my opinion..
          Fullsized Gets it DONE!!!!

Comment

• tomd
            304 AMC
            • May 04, 2002

I plan on doing an exo, because building one inside is even more of a PITA IMO, and i would like to be able to flop and such without having to worry about being able to open my doors or something (maybe i'm just paranoid) and would like something a bit different. Also, i don't think there is really all that much room for one on the inside of a J pickup, as far as headroom, seat room, and bieng about to still operate the windows, switches and such. Just my ramblings...
            71 J-4000 on a 76 Cherokee chassis with homemade flatbed
            360/Th400/PT QT/3.07 D44s

Comment

Working...
            X