• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hudwagon
    230 Tornado
    • Sep 23, 2019

Wagoneer stock ride height

I've searched everywhere but cant find a picture or measurement of a late 80's FSJ stock ride height measurements or someone who has replaced with factory sized springs? Any pictures you see on the web of FSJ show various heights due to condition and mileage. I'm ordering factory sized springs this week and curious how much ride height I get back, I expect my 89 was sagged about 2 inch's from but not sure? for reference the top of my rear tire was about an inch inside bottom of fender, the front tire was about flush with fender bottom

Thanks
  • joe
    • Apr 28, 2000

Stock specs are in the FSJ TSM. Usually measured at door sill plate height, overall height(roof to ground) and rear cargo deck height. Keep in mind that's with stock wheels and tires.
    joe
    "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• ZackN920
      350 Buick
      • Nov 18, 2015

These things are so notorious for saggin'. They are true "saggin' wagon's".

I put 2 to 2-1/2" lift springs on mine and it lifted the jeep about 4 to 5 inches higher than it was. Granted, my stock front springs had broken main leafs and the rears were separating from each other.

Consider 2" lift springs. These Jeeps look awesome with the 2" lift and stock tires. It just looks right, exactly how they should have left the factory. In stock forms they are low riders (as a 4x4 JEEP) and even with a 2" lift, sit lower than most stock 4X4 vehicles.
      1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer-"Big Jeep"

AMC 360, TF727, NP229, 2.72 gears, 2" lift
      Rancho 44044 springs, Rusty's 2" AAL, TFI w/ MSD C/R
      ...in pieces for more rust repair...

Comment

• hudwagon
        230 Tornado
        • Sep 23, 2019

I considered the BJ's 2-1/2" lift he's like 4 weeks + out now on delivery, I'm kinda in a hurry I guess., he has stock import and domestic springs available though.

Comment

Working...
        X