• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JERRY88GW
    232 I6
    • Jun 09, 2000

88 Grand Wagoneer Service Manual?

Does anyone no how I can get me a service manual for my 88 Grand Wagoneer?

The dealer has informed me that the are no longer made.

Thanks,

jerry
  • trssho
    327 Rambler
    • Apr 16, 2000

Check at a different dealer. I work at a Chrysler dealer, and know for a fact that it is available. Also, you might check e bay, there is always factory manuals popping up there.

------------------
    1989 GW Tan w/106K miles
    1989 GW Blk Cherry 69k miles
    http://andersonphotog.com/default.aspx

Comment

• JERRY88GW
      232 I6
      • Jun 09, 2000

Yeah, I've checked ebay.

I saw how much the last one went for.
      $122.50

Do they cost that much at the dealer?

Jerry

Comment

• trssho
        327 Rambler
        • Apr 16, 2000

I think about 40.00 my cost, your codt.....probably 55.00 or so. I will get a part no. Monday.

Comment

• andy d
          Shade Tree Shaman
          • May 06, 2000

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by trssho:
          I think about 40.00 my cost, your codt.....probably 55.00 or so. I will get a part no. Monday.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>oh reeeeeeeallllllllly? would it have a good wirin diagram in it,dont ask me why i need it.chiltons i got goes to '86 and it goes back to flatfenders.but its awful for gwags
          and there were differences btwn 86+88.i plan to hang onto '88 gwag and a good manual might help the cause.very much interested

------------------
          '88 gwag
          \'88 gwag,pure stock

Comment

• JERRY88GW
            232 I6
            • Jun 09, 2000

THANK YOU trssho.

Your efforts are greatly apreciated!

I've been wanting one of those for a long time. I thought I was going to have to pay over $100 dollars on ebay.

Jerry

Comment

• trssho
              327 Rambler
              • Apr 16, 2000

It's Monday and I forgot to get the part # for the manual. Sorry. Will try to do it Wednesday when I go back to work.

------------------
              1989 GW Tan w/106K miles

Comment

• msmith9155
                232 I6
                • Jun 26, 2000

There is one on ebay now,http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...item=373640818, check this out and see if it's what you are looking for. If not, I got one at Carquest, they had to order it though.

------------------
                Greenade
                1981 Wagoneer\"The Greenade\"<BR>1971 J4000<BR>1971 Dodge Dart Swinger <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>If FSJ\'s are outlawed, only outlaws will have FSJ\'s<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

• wcollier
                  232 I6
                  • Apr 26, 2000

I bought a set of new Chrysler/Jeep shop manuals off of e-bay a few weeks ago. These are the 1989 electrical and engine/chassis/body manuals (There are two manuals, about 10 lbs!). I paid about $90 including shipping, which I believe was a bargain. When was the last time you bought a genuine shop manual for a vehicle from a dealer? They've always been expensive. I think I got a deal. Sounds like we'll find out soon enough. No comparison in quality... they're incredible as far as detail and pictures.

------------------
                  Will Collier
                  Austin Four Wheelers / TMTC
                  1988 Grand Wagoneer "Woodless"
                  EMT-I / KB5WRK http://collier.rockcrawler.com

[This message has been edited by wcollier (edited July 04, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by wcollier (edited July 04, 2000).]
                  Will Collier<br />1988 Grand Wagoneer \"Woodless\"<br />360 w/RV Cam(new rebuild), 727(new rebuild), NP229 (new reseal)<br />Edelbrock 1406 4bbl & Performer Manifold (no EGR), Dual Dana 44\'s (3:31)<br />MSD 6A Ignition and Blaster 2F Coil, Accel Spiral Core 8.5mm wires<br />Rough Country 3\" Spring Lift, Heckethorn Shocks & Steering Stabilizer<br />31 x 10.5 BFG AT KO\'s, 3 Core Radiator, Flowmaster, Zero Smog!<p>* KB5WRK *

Comment

I just received my '91 TSM. I wouldn't bother w/ someones used (and possible incomplete TSM) from Ebay for an '88 GW. Try in this order:

1) Zack Heisey an FSJ-list member: http://users.supernet.com/zmjeeps/
                    Look under "library" for what manuals he has available. or via email:
                    Zack Heisey [email protected]
                    (He sells reproductions of manuals in 3 ring binders and I've heard from FSJ-LIST members that the quality is good; but, personally I haven't seen one).

2) Chrysler Publications @ 1-800-890-4038
                    (I paid $59 + tax (I think) + S&H: $70 total for 2 volume set '91 Jeep TSM. Has the SJ (of course!), XJ, MJ & YJs too. Good quality, original, new manuals). Sent via UPS ground.

3) Faxon @ 1-800-458-2734
                    (I called them. they wanted $70 + S&H for the same 2 volume set; so I ordered from Chrysler.

4) The following I pulled from Mike Baxters' SOURCES.TXT . He's got a "how-to" download available at his site:

Service Manuals - Faxon Auto Literature, 1655 E. 6th St., Corona, CA.
                    91719, 909-735-6183 fax 909-735-3372
                    (A more complete listing than I have above)

Service Manuals - Vinatge Auto Literature {Stan Binnie}, PO Box 2097,
                    Waukesha, WI. 53187, 414-544-4286 (After 5 p.m. CST)

Hope this helps.

-P.todd
                    '91 GW 360/727/229/3.31s + 2" lift

Comment

• Barry H
                      232 I6
                      • May 07, 2000

I got my '89 Wag service manuals from the Chrysler publication number shown in the above post. It was easy, quick and relatively inexpensive. I think the total cost was under $65 including shipping.

Comment

• trssho
                        327 Rambler
                        • Apr 16, 2000

P.todd's info is good. At the dealer, they go through a publication company to get their manuals. Best probably to call. # is 800.890.4038. The part no. for 1990 Jeeps is 81-370-0145. Cost is $55.00 + S&H. They have a web site, but no listing prior to 95. www.techauthority.com. Good hunting.

Comment

• JERRY88GW
                          232 I6
                          • Jun 09, 2000

I've been away from my computer for about a week, and just now getting to check all this stuff.

trssho, is the part # 81-370-0145 for my 88 GW. You said it is for 1990 Jeeps. Will it work for me?

Also, I check that ebay TSM. It's a haynes manual. I have that. I'm looking for the factory service manual. The one the mechanics at the dealer would use.

Thanks,

Jerry

Comment

• trssho
                            327 Rambler
                            • Apr 16, 2000

Jerry,
                            The 90 is the oldest listing the book I had has. I'd bet that if you call them they do have one for an 88. If not, I beleive that 99% of the literature would bw the same. Good luck.

------------------
                            1989 GW Tan w/106K miles

Comment

• Munichbob
                              230 Tornado
                              • Jul 03, 2000

I have a 1988 GW and I just ordered the TSM, Auto transmission manual and wiring diagrams from the Chrysler 800 number above.
                              Doc Number Cost
                              TSM 8981-320-375 $33.00
                              Auto Xmission Man 8981-320-381 $8.00
                              Wiring diag Manual8981-010-618 $8.00

Total with tax and shipping was $56.60

A Bargain
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X