Cruise or not to cruise? thats the question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marc_01
    327 Rambler
    • May 10, 2000

Cruise or not to cruise? thats the question.

Ever since i bought my 87 wag a year ago, the cruise control has never worked. The fuse is good, but i have had mods done to the engine, all emissions gone, and new intake and carb.

My question : because i have a new carb and intake, could the guy that put this on not hook up the cruise control, or is it not possible to have cruise with some carbs.

I would really like to fix this, but do not know where to start.

thanks guys,

------------------
    87 Grand Wagoneer
    360, D44's, 229, 2.73
    Headers
    K&N Filter
    Eldebrock Intake
    Holley 600 4 bl.
    -------------------------
    Soon:
    6inch suspension
    3in. body
    35's
    3.73's.
    87 GW & it\'s brown
  • MonsterMash

Me too! Me too! Actually mine worked for the first few years I had it but the last year or so it hasn't. I read the article about the electric testing in the tech section but I'm almost postive it's a vacuum problem. All my vacuum lines look intact and they're all connected (to something) but who knows what *really* goes where. Not me, that's for sure. And someone mentioned finding a sealed box under there dash and it was stated that it was a c/c module or something that allowed some adjustment of the c/c ?!? I'll take any suggestions, ol' wives tales, speculation, urban legend, or guess at this point.

------------------
    '84GW360--"Spinner"
    And on the eighth day God created Jeep so man would not be bored.

Comment

• Ralph
      Third Member
      • Apr 11, 2000

For carbs with GM/Universal linkage: If you bought the Holley 80457S, the package should come with a fitting for your linkage, but you may still need to buy a piece of lamp chain to make the reach. Same for the Carter AFB 9635 or Edelbrock Performer, and depending on your manifold you can use the bracket kit, Edelbrock Part #1484, but again you may need a little longer chain.

My original cruise control equipment is all in place and working. The vacuum hose often slipped off of the front of the cruise control register (in the engine bay), which I fixed with a simple hose clamp. The electronic box (under the dash) allows adjustment of things such as sensitivity, speed at which CC engages, etc.

[This message has been edited by Ralph (edited July 13, 2000).]
      We did it to Japan. We can do it to it to Iran!

Comment

Working...
      X