• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Veepster
    350 Buick
    • May 14, 2000

keyhole trap door is broke!

on my drivers door that little trap door that folds out of the way when you stick the key in is broke, also the small metal plate the trap door is mounted too just spins around....

is there an easy fix to this? what about a difficult fix?

Thanks!

Peace....................BartG
    Peace.............BartG<br /><br />The Green Flash!<br /><br />360ci Custom 4v TBI<br />TH400, Parttime QT with low, TFI Upgrade<br />Edelbrock Performer Manifold,<br />4\" skyjacker susp & 3\" body lift<br />Rancho 9000\'s 33x12.50 BFG KO\'s <br />8\" American Racing Baja Rims<br />Thorley headers, 3\" exh, Dyno Max<br />Infiniti power leather seats<br />Billet shift knob by Millerluck<br />50%Luxury Car 50%Tractor<br /><a href=\"http://www.teamgodspeed.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.teamgodspeed.com</a>
  • Coley
    327 Rambler
    • Apr 13, 2000

Veepster,
    What year model do you have? I don't have a trap door, just a sissy looking little pouch that won't hold anything.

I want a trap door, too..

------------------
    84 GW
    360 NP229
    Daddy\'s Ice Cream Truck (4 yr old daugter named it)<br />84 GW<br />360 727 NP229<p>\"..Dooley had two daughters and a 40 gallon still..\"

Comment

• msnelson
      230 Tornado
      • Jul 07, 2000

This has been a very common problem for me. I have replaced them at least once on all fsjs I have owned. The part is available from the dealer for about $8. You will then need to have a locksmith put it together and key it (cost me about $4.50). Under $25 for both doors.

To remove the old part, open the door and just inside the door in line with the key hole you will see a thin metal flange. Use the tool or choice (needle nose)and gently pull. Out will come a u shaped retaining clip. Now remove the lock assembly from the outside of the door. Use the old to line up with your new and mark the length of the square shaft. Cut to size with a hack saw. Insert the new into the door (this takes a little patience)(the shaft must line up). Push clip back in place. I have done this several times. Not a big job. Good Luck.
      Mike

Comment

Working...
      X