SoCal FSJ Gathering- Trail Run Details/ We need your help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike B
    232 I6
    • Sep 11, 2002

SoCal FSJ Gathering- Trail Run Details/ We need your help!

Hellow fellow FSJ'ers!
    The SoCal FSJ Gathering in Gorman/Hungry Valley, Ca., October 12th and 13th, 2002 is coming up soon!

If anyone has not seen the Official Event Flyer it can be viewed in the IFSJA FSJ-list Files section at the yahoo groups URL below.
    The Flyer is in PDF Format,so if you don't have the (Free and easily downloaded) Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader,than download Adobe here first,and please give the Event Flyer several minutes to load on your computer,especially if are on dial-up,as it's a slow download(about 5 minutes to fully load on my 56k,but worth it!).

Download Adobe if you don't have it yet here:

Download free Adobe Acrobat Reader software for your Windows, Mac OS and Android devices to view, print, and comment on PDF documents.

Download Event Flyer here:

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

If anybody doesn't want to deal with this just e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll e-mail you a bitmap image of the Flyer.

But-VERY IMPORTANT!
    We need, for planning purposes, to know who is planning on participating in the Trail run part of the event in Hungry Valley Off Road Park on Saturday and Sunday,and also who is planning on running the more Extreme side run-which we will be running in the nearby Los Padres Forest.
    This side run will be going up the Lockwood and Miller Jeep trails,and as this trail is not stock FSJ friendly,we are going to have minimum requirements to run it. If you are concerned with body damage to your FSJ-you may want to keep to the Hungry Valley trails,as Miller/Lockwood has the potential to give your rockers and/or quarters some new dents and scrapes.

There are no minimum requirements for running the Hungry Valley Trails, as a stock FSJ will do most of them fine.

The Requirements for running the SoCal FSJ Gathering Extreme side run(Miller/Lockwood)Trail are as follows:

1. Adventure Pass(required in the Forest there-$5 a day or $30 a year)

2. 3-4" lift and 31's or 2" and 33's(for those running tall & skinny's)

3. Tow point in rear(hooks or receiver hitch OK)and advisable front tow point too-but since FSJ's are difficult to deal with in front-we'll let vehicles with no front tow-point slide.

4. Spare tire within 3" diameter of your tires(and don't forget the jack,lugwrench and wheel lock key!)
    5. Functional parking brake or mico-lock
    6. Seat belts for all passengers
    7. Good Battery holdown(no bungie Cords)

Strongly Recommended for the run.
    1. Towstrap
    2. First aid kit
    3. Fire extinguisher
    4. CB radio
    5. Food,water or non alcoholic beverage(we will stop for lunch on the trail)
    6. limited slip or locker-but open diffs are OK!

Please-those who are attending this Gathering,
    Either post here or e-mail me at [email protected] to let us know if you are running the Hungry Valley trails on Saturday,Sunday,or both.
    Ditto with those who want to run Lockwood/Miller.
    Forum member Kris,who has run Lockwood/Miller many times before, has Volunteered to lead a Lockwood/Miller group on Saturday,as it's close to an all day trip and some who want to run it may want to get back home earlier on Sunday.
    Although Trail departure time for the Hungry Valley trails(Saturday and Sunday) is at 11.00AM as posted in the flyer,we'd like to get Saturday's Lockwood/Miller group on the trail a bit earlier.
    So the plan is to have a 9:30AM driver's meeting/Vehicle inspection and we'll be exiting the Flying J parking lot to hit the trailhead no later than 10:00AM for the Miller/Lockwood group.
    But if we have enough people that want to run Miller/Lockwood on Sunday too,that is a possibility as well,but we need to know.
    Gorman/Hungry Valley runs will be going on on Saturday and Sunday,but we need to know either way,so we can split groups if needed,and finalize trail leaders,etc..

And if anybody has a problem with anything I've posted,please let me know.
    I am only one of several people trying to make this event happen.
    Thanks have to go out to James007,Riverbeast,RamJetFSJ,Kris,Pat from Innovative Fabrications,(and anyone I've forgotten),that have helped make this Event a reality!

Thanks!

Mike B
    89 Grand Wagoneer<br />360/727/229/D44\'s<br />4\" SkyJacker,ARB\'s,4.10\'s,<br />33\" MTR\'s
  • GED
    258 I6
    • May 20, 2002

I will come.
    people: Wife, Boy/7y, Girl/4y, & Me
    vehicle: stock white '89GW with 31x10.5, no tow hooks, receiver hitch
    driver: "stock" 100% on-road experience , concerned with body dammage (that's my daily driver)
    communication: low-end FRS radio channel 5
    staying days: saturday, and most probably sunday.
    Gilles-Eric
    "La Goulue", '89 GW, reman. stock 360 with MSD6D & TBI, 727/229, 131K miles, 31x10.5 BFG AT.

Comment

• RottenDog
      258 I6
      • Jun 13, 2001

Hungry Valley Trails. Saturday only.
      77 J10 Fuel Injected 401/700R4/20 with Thorleys D44s (ElecTracs+4.10s+4wheel discs)35 BFGs A/C and 17 dash toggle switches

72 Commando = my next Money Pit

Comment

• Mike B
        232 I6
        • Sep 11, 2002

Great,Ged., and thanks for posting.
        As I stated in my post, the Hungry Valley trails in the Off-Road Park are well suited to a bone-stock FSJ if you wish to run them after the breakfast. The trails in the park range from dirt roads to narrower dirt trails with some off camber and washboard to some dry riverbed sandy sections to some hill climbs and there is also an off-road testing area with some hill climbs,stair steps,and more where those that want to try them can play.
        The requirements I mentioned are meant for the more Extreme side run-not the Off Road Park Trails,so don't worry about joining us in the park for some milder trail running if you wish,and body damage there is not really an issue.
        We should have many bone stock vehicles-many of them Grand Wagoneers showing up.
        I don't want to scare anyone off from attending as probably most attendees will meet at the restaurant and head for the mild park trails and a few have even indicated they are only going to show up for the breakfast part and meet fellow FSJers and check out the rigs in the parking lot,etc. before they head home-and that's cool too.
        No pressure here,we just want to get together and meet those in the area that share the passion for Full Size Jeeps as we do...and have a good time!

Anybody else out there?

And are you showing up just for the gathering/breakfast?

Or do you also want to join us on the mild to moderate trail run in the park too?(and which day(s) Saturday and/or Sunday?)

Do you plan on running the more extreme side run Lockwood/Miller that is planned for Saturday(and possibly Sunday as well depending on interest)?

Thanks for letting us know as we need to know our vehicle group sizes for the runs!

And don't forget there is plenty of camping in the area and a couple of motels too.
        E-mail me at [email protected] for details.

Mike B
        89 Grand Wagoneer<br />360/727/229/D44\'s<br />4\" SkyJacker,ARB\'s,4.10\'s,<br />33\" MTR\'s

Comment

• Mike B
          232 I6
          • Sep 11, 2002

Anyone else?

Comment

• Mike B
            232 I6
            • Sep 11, 2002

Thanks Rottendog,
            Got that!

Mike B

Comment

• James 007
              327 Rambler
              • May 29, 2002

Anyone have an empty "shotgun" seat for the trails? Seems my springs are not "up to snuff"... almost straight in the back leafs, LOL!
              \'87 GrandWagoneer w/ sunroof<br />Holley 650 Dble-Pump Spreadbore<br />MSD Billit Dist/6A Ignition/Blaster2<br />AMC401 Stroker 10:2:1 C/R<br />Edlebrock Performer w/EGR<br />Edlebrock TFS Headers w/ wrap<br />727TF/NP229/D44\'s w/ 3.31\'s<br />4Wheel Slotted/Disc Brakes SSB<br /><br /><i>Powered by</i> <a href=\"http://www.namdra.org/\" target=\"_blank\"><b>NAMDRA</b></a><br /> <a href=\"http://pub8.ezboard.com/bamcforum/\" target=\"_blank\"><b>AMC FORUM</b></a>

Comment

• GED
                258 I6
                • May 20, 2002

Wow ! Nobody else (apart from Rottendog) ?

Come on, don't tell me I'll be alone...
                Gilles-Eric
                "La Goulue", '89 GW, reman. stock 360 with MSD6D & TBI, 727/229, 131K miles, 31x10.5 BFG AT.

Comment

• Kris
                  350 Buick
                  • Jul 05, 2000

Do I need to reply ?

We will be arriving on Friday afternoon. Will have our tent trailer, it's kinda a desert tan color.

Um, we're doing the Lockwood/Miller run too.

kris.
                  89 Waggy

AX-15 swap info threads...
                  http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=83102
                  http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=97262
                  http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=104163
                  Theres more but that should get you started

Originally posted by JeepinPete
                  -If it wasn't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all-

Comment

• Mike B
                    232 I6
                    • Sep 11, 2002

Sorry guys,I wasn't able to get to my computer Saturday to check posts.
                    James,you are more than welcome to ride in my Grand Wagoneer on the Hungry Valley Trails on Sunday.That being said you may want to have a back-up vehicle to ride in just in case because(much to my wife's dismay) I'm attempting to nurse the vehicle up to Gorman with the old(wasted) engine,and while I think we'll be ok,nothing's a given. The Hungry Valley trails should be OK for it to run,but it'll be parked for Saturday's Lockwood/Miller run(I don't want to push my luck!) and Kris has generously offered to fill the remaining seats of his 89 with my family and me for that run.
                    And Kris,yes,thanks for posting,especially with the trailer description.
                    If I'm correct you will be leading the Lockwood/Miller run on Saturday,and joining other FSJers for trail running in the Hungry Valley Park on Sunday...correct?

Who else out there is attending- and on what days and what runs?

Mike B

Comment

• Mike B
                      232 I6
                      • Sep 11, 2002

Update!
                      I forgot that there is a better and quicker Link to the Official Flyer (and good driving directions too!) at James007's website here:

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Also the official CB channel is channel 5 for info and lost people and FRS radio channel is also channel 5 (sub channel 0 or no sub channel).

Any updates I'll post here...

Thanks!

Mike B

Comment

• Kris
                        350 Buick
                        • Jul 05, 2000

Originally posted by Mike B:

If I'm correct you will be leading the Lockwood/Miller run on Saturday,and joining other FSJers for trail running in the Hungry Valley Park on Sunday...correct?
                        Mike B
                        Yep.
                        Leading the Lockwood/Miler run on Saturday, if there is interrest. Anybody want to do it ?

The only person I've heard from is Retro93.
                        Dont know what time were leaving on Sunday, probably around lunchtime.

kris.
                        89 Waggy

AX-15 swap info threads...
                        http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=83102
                        http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=97262
                        http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=104163
                        Theres more but that should get you started

Originally posted by JeepinPete
                        -If it wasn't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all-

Comment

• Retro93
                          Junk Collector
                          • Nov 02, 2001

I'm still planning on attending. My engine rebuild is almost complete, so I should be able to swing it back into the Cherokee tomorrow. Then all I have to do is put the front clip, doors, tailgate and one spring on....hmmm...no sleep for me. [img]smile.gif[/img] Marvin Gates and Jason [bentpushr] are driving down from WA state to attend. Now all we need is a complete rig.
                          79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• RdHawg
                            258 I6
                            • May 16, 2001

The wag is up on blocks but I'll be there w/ my friend in his yj. wanna run a bit o the gonzo stuff - at least on sat but plan to leave by noon sun.
                            One of these days maybee it\'ll stay fixed long enough to go somewhere?

Comment

• Mike B
                              232 I6
                              • Sep 11, 2002

Originally posted by RdHawg:
                              wanna run a bit o the gonzo stuff
                              Thanks for posting,RdHawg-That sounds to me like you want to run the Miller/Lockwood trail on Saturday,which is definitely more challenging(and scenic too). Is that true?

Mike B

Comment

Working...
                              X