• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xjgx
    230 Tornado
    • Dec 18, 2017

Body lift pics?

Hi all,
    Does anyone have pics of a 2" body lift on wagoneer.
    I'm mainly wanting to see if the separation between body and frame is noticeable and silly. (side, front on, and rear).
    What are your opinions on how it looks?
    Thanks
  • Rusty76
    258 I6
    • Jul 15, 2018

I cant comment on the ride quality yet but I just installed a 3 inch leaf spring lift on 31's . Looks pretty good but personally a little too tall for me. I've been told that they will settle. Rough Country is very good value.
    1976 Jeep Wagoneer
    Rebuilt, 360, TH400, QT.
    Still not running. Soon!

Comment

• tgreese
      • May 29, 2003

Used to be a member on here with body lift that had the frame separate from the body in a wreck. The body rolled down the shoulder of the road a ways from the frame. Split in two parts very cleanly. Just FYI.
      Tim Reese
      Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS, hubcaps.
      Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination ATs, 7600 GVWR
      Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
      GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
      ECO Green: '15 FCA Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk

Comment

• ZackN920
        350 Buick
        • Nov 18, 2015

^That was a tall body lift if I recall correctly^

That was one wicked accident. Just looked that up recently... I think the frame was in 2 different pieces and the whole drive train (engine, transmission, transfer case)ripped out and was sitting next to the body when everything settled.

A 2" body lift... I don't think it would look ridiculous but I wouldn't go more than that. Well, to be honest I wouldn't do a body lift. I like how tucked in the frame is and would rather use the suspension to lift it.

It'd probably look about like how my suburban looks. You can see the frame when walking up to the side of the vehicle, but the whole frame isn't sticking out...
        1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer-"Big Jeep"

AMC 360, TF727, NP229, 2.72 gears, 2" lift
        Rancho 44044 springs, Rusty's 2" AAL, TFI w/ MSD C/R
        ...in pieces for more rust repair...

Comment

• Shep 762
          232 I6
          • Feb 03, 2016

To be honest I'd be interested in a body lift not for looks, but to a) replace the clapped out original bushings and b) to have more room when working on... anything really. 1 or 2" would be perfect.

Comment

• CTGW
            232 I6
            • Jun 12, 2018

I think this one has a body lift
            1987 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

Working...
            X