International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Classifieds > "Look Here" for Parts, Vehicles and Vendors > Wanted

Old 04-16-2022, 09:44 PM
232 I6

'71 bits

Here's what I'm looking for for the '71.

-lower windshield trim connector; I have all of the trim but not that connector piece, and the Kaiser-era ones don't have a hole for a screw.

-washer fluid tank...if anyone has a Jeep bag that doesn't leak I may be interested, otherwise just a stock tank with a pump from a later one would be fine.

-probably not a whole lot here, but as I'm piecing together bits for the D20 overdrive, I'll be looking for some stuff there. I may be looking more for information there than parts.

-if anyone has any extra Kaiser (the higher end Custom ones, with the silver caps on the end) armrests, I may be looking for some. I have three gray ones, just looking for one more there, or if someone has a set of 4 blue or black ones those would look good too.

-the only other thing would be mirrors. I have the GW mirrors right now (not hooked up), but ideally I would like some cable mirrors that someone cut the cables on, if possible. Then I can just move them manually if I need to adjust them. But I could use an electric adjuster if no one has the others.

Thanks!

Edit:
other things that would be good to have:
-strap to hold the rear seat forward (with the bolt). I need either blue or black.
-rear seat hinges--the post-Kaiser ones, that allow the seat to be lifted out w/o unbolting anything
open knuckle D44 front (disc brakes)
6-lug conversion rear
http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...79#post1734879

Previous Rig:
Tan '88 Grand Wagoneer
.030 over 401, TBI, headers
3" exhaust
31x10.5s
2" rear lift blocks
custom headliner
http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...77#post1734777

"The engineering side of me says that it's more than strong enough. The redneck side of me says that it's going to fall apart and I need to beef it up."--somebody I know

Last edited by sierrablue : 04-25-2022 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-17-2022, 05:43 AM
327 Rambler

For a washer fluid tank have a look at one from a jeep CJ or a wrangler.
Maybe it's possible to mount it near the hood hinge close to the firewall.
I had mounted one there with a extra bracket.

I'm going that route again for my 73' j4000 rebuild.

For other parts you can contact levelhead on this forum.
Hi lives in Canada and has a couple of parts jeeps.

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=180974

99' Dodge ram 2500 4x4 crew cab 5.9 Cummins ,backup work truck for now
73' Jeep J4000 (named Heep or Desert Dragon) amc 360 V8 converted to LPG with T15/D20 (was my daily work truck for thirteen years and is getting major overhaul at the moment!)
80' Jeep cj5 350 V8 Chevy/sm420/D300 project
70/71 Jeep J4000 parts truck with Buick 350

Former vehicles:
85' Volkswagen caddy mk1 1.6 diesel.
83 Toyota land cruiser BJ42 3.4 diesel.
Old 04-17-2022, 05:47 AM
327 Rambler

The armrests you are looking for are one in a million change for finding those.
Most are cracked and dissolved through the years.

I'm planning on making two for my Jeep from some good quality wood if I can't find a good looking replacement.

73' Jeep J4000 (named Heep or Desert Dragon) amc 360 V8 converted to LPG with T15/D20 (was my daily work truck for thirteen years and is getting major overhaul at the moment!)

Former vehicles:
Old 04-17-2022, 09:04 AM
232 I6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heep-J4000
The armrests you are looking for are one in a million change for finding those.
Most are cracked and dissolved through the years.

I'm planning on making two for my Jeep from some good quality wood if I can't find a good looking replacement.
Hey a guy can dream, right?

If I could get just one more gray one it'd be perfect. Right now I have two '74 style (black) in the front and two Kaiser style (black, base model) in the back. I have 3 of all of them which is really weird and somewhat irritating...seriously, not one complete set? So if anyone has one and wants to do an armrest trade...

Thanks for the other info, too; I hadn't heard that about the tanks, thank you. My only qualm with putting it behind the hinge like that is it's not particularly fun to fill something with a hinge right there. Especially when it's the driver's hinge, you're right handed, and the washer fluid bottle is full
6-lug conversion rear

Previous Rig:
Tan '88 Grand Wagoneer
3" exhaust
31x10.5s
2" rear lift blocks
custom headliner

"The engineering side of me says that it's more than strong enough. The redneck side of me says that it's going to fall apart and I need to beef it up."--somebody I know

Last edited by sierrablue : 04-17-2022 at 09:14 AM.
Old 04-17-2022, 10:34 AM
327 Rambler

I did mount it so it could be filled through the gab in between the hood in the upright position and firewall.
It's a bit of balance when right handed , but is good for the hands eye coordination!

Former vehicles:
Old 04-17-2022, 10:36 AM
232 I6

Quote:
I did mount it so it could be filled through the gab in between the hood in the upright position and firewall.
It's a bit of balance when right handed , but is good for the hands eye coordination!
Nice
6-lug conversion rear

Previous Rig:
Tan '88 Grand Wagoneer
3" exhaust
31x10.5s
2" rear lift blocks
custom headliner

Old 04-17-2022, 10:41 AM
327 Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrablue
Hey a guy can dream, right?

If I could get just one more gray one it'd be perfect. Right now I have two '74 style (black) in the front and two Kaiser style (black, base model) in the back. I have 3 of all of them which is really weird and somewhat irritating...seriously, not one complete set? So if anyone has one and wants to do an armrest trade...

Thanks for the other info, too; I hadn't heard that about the tanks, thank you. My only qualm with putting it behind the hinge like that is it's not particularly fun to fill something with a hinge right there. Especially when it's the driver's hinge, you're right handed, and the washer fluid bottle is full

Dreaming is always good!

Years ago my father did have the same thing with his 63' wagoneer.
A lot of parts three of a kind instead of four , also the arm rests what you now have.
Also got four new tires from the states with that jeep , but only three were unable because one had a production miss on the side of the tire , so he did not risk to drive with it.

Former vehicles:
Old 04-17-2022, 10:49 AM
232 I6

Quote:
Dreaming is always good!

Years ago my father did have the same thing with his 63' wagoneer.
A lot of parts three of a kind instead of four , also the arm rests what you now have.
Also got four new tires from the states with that jeep , but only three were unable because one had a production miss on the side of the tire , so he did not risk to drive with it.
I mean, the newest of the Kaiser rigs are 50 now, and since they're Jeeps (everyone starts out the same but then they always end up being different because Jeeps get adapted to each owner individually...no one keeps them quite stock ), so it's to be expected right? I have a '74-'76 front end in mine (I'm not gonna argue with disc brakes or the open knuckle front end) and the steering box is one of the quick steer boxes, so clearly somebody had a mid-'70s rig they robbed some parts off of...
6-lug conversion rear

Previous Rig:
Tan '88 Grand Wagoneer
3" exhaust
31x10.5s
2" rear lift blocks
custom headliner

Old 04-17-2022, 11:05 AM
327 Rambler

On eBay there are reproduction ford washer fluid bags available
Maybe that's a option for you!?

I did daily drive my 73' j4000 for thirteen years as a work truck with a lpg conversion for the fuel.
When I first got it ,it didn't have power steering or brake booster.
Also drums all around!

Put power steering on and vacuum brake booster.
Kept the drums but the idea of converting the front to disks was always in my mind.
But could not afford the time to do the work and not use the truck.(only had one truck in that period)
Did made a parts list , but there was always something else that needed attention.
And the Jeep was always braking very good with the drums , so did not want to mess with them.

I'm working on a complete rebuild and upgrade for the j4000 at the moment.
Different engine and drive train , also bigger axles
Cummins with nv4500 and Dana 60 and 70 axles
And changing the bed with a utility bed.
It needs a lot of more body work on the cab and fenders , but after its back together it's going to be my daily driver again!

Former vehicles:
Old 04-17-2022, 11:20 AM
232 I6

Quote:
On eBay there are reproduction ford washer fluid bags available
Maybe that's a option for you!?

I did daily drive my 73' j4000 for thirteen years as a work truck with a lpg conversion for the fuel.
When I first got it ,it didn't have power steering or brake booster.
Also drums all around!

Put power steering on and vacuum brake booster.
Kept the drums but the idea of converting the front to disks was always in my mind.
But could not afford the time to do the work and not use the truck.(only had one truck in that period)
Did made a parts list , but there was always something else that needed attention.
And the Jeep was always braking very good with the drums , so did not want to mess with them.

I'm working on a complete rebuild and upgrade for the j4000 at the moment.
Different engine and drive train , also bigger axles
Cummins with nv4500 and Dana 60 and 70 axles
And changing the bed with a utility bed.
It needs a lot of more body work on the cab and fenders , but after its back together it's going to be my daily driver again!
I still don't have power brakes, but my leg hasn't been getting sore from driving it (I only ever notice after mountain biking or skiing that I'm pushing very hard on the brakes). And if it had drums I'd probably drive it as-is, or buy one of the disc brake conversion kits. But seeing as how I don't, and I don't have to mess with a closed-knuckle axle, I'm happy this way.

Sounds like a pretty epic build...and it'll certainly go wherever you point it. I keep thinking that I need all-terrains and a rear shackle reversal and everything to go off-roading, but then I remember that this winter, driving in some snow banks I discovered that with the current setup, I can go pretty much anywhere that won't damage the body as it is, so I'm happy. But yours is going to be far more capable than mine.
6-lug conversion rear

Previous Rig:
Tan '88 Grand Wagoneer
3" exhaust
31x10.5s
2" rear lift blocks
custom headliner

Old 04-17-2022, 02:12 PM
327 Rambler

When my j4000 was still kind of stock.
With the amc 360 and T-15 three speed with dana20 transfer case.
Dana 44 with closed knuckles and Dana 60-2 rear semi floating axle.
It was a awesome truck to drive!
After buying it from someone in CA (03/04) from only seeing it on a picture it got shipped.
And two months later I picked it up from the Rotterdam harbour , filled the tank and aired the tires and drove it straight home with only front brakes working.

Did a complete rebuild on the brakes and reworked the body from the ground and it got a complete re-spray. Inside and outside.
Replaced only some gaskets and the crankshaft and rod bearings.
Put a impco lpg system on because the petrol prices overhere in Holland are idiotic.
And made a alloy diamond plate cover for the pickup bed.
Drove it daily for thirteen years with only the t-15 transmission giving me a hard time.
Had the transmission almost ten times apart through the years for different reasons.
Overhere in Holland there is almost nothing available for drivetrain parts ,let alone thirteen years ago when I did not have access to internet
Three years ago the 360 engine started to run on six or seven cylinders ,did try a couple things and did a compression test.
The engine was tired and done , so I parked the j4000 before the engine got completely destroyed.

Started thinking about a new plan for making it more durable , so that's the reason I went to the cummins engine direction!

Sorry for highjacking your parts thread , but I guess you don't mind!?

Former vehicles:
Old 04-17-2022, 02:21 PM
232 I6

Quote:
When my j4000 was still kind of stock.
With the amc 360 and T-15 three speed with dana20 transfer case.
Dana 44 with closed knuckles and Dana 60-2 rear semi floating axle.
It was a awesome truck to drive!
After buying it from someone in CA (03/04) from only seeing it on a picture it got shipped.
And two months later I picked it up from the Rotterdam harbour , filled the tank and aired the tires and drove it straight home with only front brakes working.

Did a complete rebuild on the brakes and reworked the body from the ground and it got a complete re-spray. Inside and outside.
Replaced only some gaskets and the crankshaft and rod bearings.
Put a impco lpg system on because the petrol prices overhere in Holland are idiotic.
And made a alloy diamond plate cover for the pickup bed.
Drove it daily for thirteen years with only the t-15 transmission giving me a hard time.
Had the transmission almost ten times apart through the years for different reasons.
Overhere in Holland there is almost nothing available for drivetrain parts ,let alone thirteen years ago when I did not have access to internet
Three years ago the 360 engine started to run on six or seven cylinders ,did try a couple things and did a compression test.
The engine was tired and done , so I parked the j4000 before the engine got completely destroyed.

Started thinking about a new plan for making it more durable , so that's the reason I went to the cummins engine direction!

Sorry for highjacking your parts thread , but I guess you don't mind!?
I don't mind I got mine unseen, too. I put a different B350 in it this fall/early winter, and have done a few other things to it to bring it back. PO resprayed it, replaced the pads/shoes, and rewired it, but didn't hardly touch the other stuff. He never drove it, either, so a lot of stuff may not have been too bad at first, but as I started driving it, more problems came up of course. The fuel system was especially frustrating about that. Anyway, have a good day, and Happy Easter. And Ford Mustang Day if you're into those.
6-lug conversion rear

Previous Rig:
Tan '88 Grand Wagoneer
3" exhaust
31x10.5s
2" rear lift blocks
custom headliner

Old 04-29-2022, 04:38 PM
232 I6

I've got a good original non leaking washer bag and some mirrors. let me know if you still need.
1976 J10 401
1977 Wagoneer 401
1977 J10 4 speed
1969 J3000 (2)
1955 CJ3B
1964 Wagoneer
Old 05-14-2022, 09:03 PM
232 I6

One more thing to add to the list of wanted parts (it's always getting longer of course )--the factory turn signal housings are flaking out on me. The bulbs won't sit in them properly anymore, and on top of that, when the body work was done, all of the housing (except the part the bulb goes into) got painted blue with the rest of it. If anyone has any decent ones of the metal housings, it would be much appreciated. And it being turn signals it's a relaitvely high priority...
6-lug conversion rear

Previous Rig:
Tan '88 Grand Wagoneer
3" exhaust
31x10.5s
2" rear lift blocks
custom headliner

Old 05-15-2022, 01:58 PM
327 Rambler

Does your Jeep have te early housings with the white lenses?

Levelhead has those probably to in his jeep parts yard!
Or try eBay ,I saw a couple last week.

Another option is that you cut the existing fittings off and buy some new universal fittings or fittings from another (cheap) light and make those fit and glue them in place.
In that case you need to add a ground wire or get some fittings with three wires.

For piece of mind it's a good idea to add a extra ground wire.
I did that on all the housings of my Jeep and never had a problem with the lights.

Former vehicles: