X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1983 j10
    327 Rambler
    • Apr 13, 2008

I haven't run the engine yet it's all new with the 4.2 internals and I'm setting it for fuel injection right now and running injectors from a 5.0 mustang so I'm not sure how it runs jet yet I still need a flywheel and to set up the cps and a few other sensors
    1983 j10 lwb soon to be a 4.5l stroker AMC 20 rear 44 front 4spd manual in the process of restoring

01 xj 3" and 31's

Comment

For the most part a stroker can just run bigger injectors with the stock computer. Lots more info http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/

Haven't been there much lately.
      Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• ThisGuyUKnow
        350 Buick
        • Mar 25, 2008

Originally posted by Carnuck
        For the most part a stroker can just run bigger injectors with the stock computer. Lots more info http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/

Haven't been there much lately.
        Thanks for the information. I never really had much interest in the strokers so I never looked into it.
        '85 CJ7 Laredo- Rebuilt 360, Tuned Port Injection, T-176, D300, W/T 3.31 w/Trac Loc, 31x10.5x15 BFGs

Comment

• ThisGuyUKnow
          350 Buick
          • Mar 25, 2008

Just wanted to pop my head in and say I still do these harnesses to fund my jeep addiction, I've fine close to 15 or so if these for yjs cjs and even xjs so far everyone has liked the end result.
          '85 CJ7 Laredo- Rebuilt 360, Tuned Port Injection, T-176, D300, W/T 3.31 w/Trac Loc, 31x10.5x15 BFGs

Comment

• 72 fsj j4000
            230 Tornado
            • Oct 14, 2014

im in need of a harness asap i have two i picked up from a pull a part yard but i dont have time nor the patience to clean up do you have any now ?

Comment

• 66Stepside
              350 Buick
              • Dec 23, 2010

Originally posted by ThisGuyUKnow
              Just wanted to pop my head in and say I still do these harnesses to fund my jeep addiction, I've fine close to 15 or so if these for yjs cjs and even xjs so far everyone has liked the end result.
              Man, oh man, why didn't I see this before I spent too many weeks thinning out my 4.0 harness to stick it into the J200!?!?

Are your harness set up for the AW4 Automatic Tanny, too?
              52 M38
              54 Willys Truck
              56 Willys Wagon
              60 FC170
              66 J3000
              68 M715
              70 1414C
              71 J2000 Quadcab

Comment

• TexTJ209
                360 AMC
                • Oct 06, 2005

Question: if I'm pulling a harness from a junkyard vehicle how do you prefer it? Just pulled at the firewall connector or what?

Looking at doing this to my CJ7 soon.
                '10 Chevy Silverado 5.3L - The DD.
                '81 Jeep CJ-7 Laredo
                '73 Jeep J2000 - On the perpetual backburner.
                Texas A&M Offroad

Comment

• jaynjeep
                  230 Tornado
                  • May 17, 2015

4.0 harness

I have a harness that I would like to get you to clean up for me. How should I get it to you?

Thanks
                  Jay

Comment

With the HO setup (09/90 up to '95) everything except the auto trans controller is under the hood. I'm just going to make an adapter to go from the FSJ firewall connector to the EFI harness.
                    Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• ThisGuyUKnow
                      350 Buick
                      • Mar 25, 2008

Hey guys in really sorry I don't regularly check this site any more and judging by the responses and pms, I may be remiss in doing so.

It is better to contact me at [email protected] in regards to harnesses.

I've adjusted the prices a bit do to the reality of time and finding harnesses.

200 for a harness sent to me and ill cover the return shipping with that (generally 20 to 30 bucks)

300 including shipping for a harness I have to go pull ( it's kinda been slim picking in the junkyard lately)

One think I am getting away from is removing the 4.0 alternator stuff and replacing it with an si alternator connection. It became a problem with and an extra variable to contend with in troubleshooting installs.

I have done a couple aw4 harnesses, as you'd expect they are slightly more complex. They take me significantly longer to do so I have been doing $250 for harnesses with the aw4 modifications.

Also another thing that I have yet to have someone take me up on but I think you fsj guys would really like is that I am about 99 percent sure I can give you guys cruise control through the ecm for those that pull a harness from a Cherokee so equipped. I say 99 percent sure because like I said no one had wanted this in their cj so I have yet to leave the wiring. Whomever wishes to be the guinea pig for the cruise can get that free. One it's tested and works I can offer that for 20 bucks for anyone who wants it..

And yet another thing. For anyone that is using a tranny that has a removable bell housing I have someone local that can cut the bh for the cps. If anyone is interested I can get you a price. It will be less quirky and less expensive than the relocation kit. As well as giving you a 4.0 starter which is generally a better unit.

As far as removal get everything! I have had a good deal of harnesses sent to me that are missing the sections running to the vss and the alternator. It's not a big deal but there are wires in there that can be removed. If you have to only cut wire clusters that go into the firewall if you want a basic harness job. If you want the aw4 retained or you want to keep the cruise control don't cut anything except the bulkhead connector for the in can fuse panel...... A good rule of thumb is don't cut anything really.

If possible I ask that you strip as much of the plastic loom off as possible and give the harness a good spray with degreaser, they are messy from road grim and it slows turn around when they are grimey (harder to trace wires). Also if possible please send the pdc cover too. It will have a diagram of the relay and fuse lay out, not all layouts match from year to year and model to model so it is harder to determine what can come out and what has to stay without it.

Sorry for the long post.

Like I said email me if you want more info.

Comment

• ThisGuyUKnow
                        350 Buick
                        • Mar 25, 2008

Still doing these if anyone is in need.

Comment

• grand_wag_85
                          Murphy's Law Poster Child
                          • Dec 03, 2003

PM sent.

I have a complete drivetrain from a 2003 TJ
                          You know it's bad when your car's on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

'82 J10
                          '88 GW
                          '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

• AMC-COMMANDO
                            232 I6
                            • May 28, 2014

Curious if you are still doing these?
                            1975 J20
                            1972 Commando
                            1962 CJ3B U.S. Navy
                            1971 Hurst Jeepster

Comment

• babywag
                              out of order
                              • Jun 08, 2005

Originally posted by ThisGuyUKnow
                              It is better to contact me at [email protected] in regards to harnesses.
                              He hasn't been on here since 09/2021
                              Tony
                              88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• AMC-COMMANDO
                                232 I6
                                • May 28, 2014

Originally posted by babywag
                                He hasn't been on here since 09/2021
                                Thanks for the info!
                                1975 J20
                                1972 Commando