78 Wagoneer, Building a driver! New Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SOLSAKS
    304 AMC
    • Jul 25, 2016

I like the patchwork with valve cover

and you are going to love the vintage air.

all of the a/c work looks super nice.

dave in NC
    SOLSAKS - dave
    1976 J-10 HONCHO Fleetside
    1982 J-10 Fleetside
    1988 grand wagoneer
    2004 RUBICON jeep
    Benson, NC

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
      304 AMC
      • Jul 20, 2014

Sonoraed said I could use the hole in the firewall that the original ac lines went through, so I cut the insulation to make that happen.Used a hot ice-pick to mark the opening.
      1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
      Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
        304 AMC
        • Jul 20, 2014

Used this cutout tool.

1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
        Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
          304 AMC
          • Jul 20, 2014

Next I took the evaporator and set it up on wooden blocks so we could try and figure out what ends to use on the ac lines. I think it will work with two straight ends on that side.
          1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
            304 AMC
            • Jul 20, 2014

It is hard to see the two heater core ports and one of the ac ports, but I shoved my phone back in that area just to show how tight it is.
            1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
              304 AMC
              • Jul 20, 2014

Vintage Air does not really say how to get the holes marked and drilled, so what we did is I held the evaporator in place and my son marked the bottom holes of the bracket on the firewall. Then you have to pull it back out, remove the bracket from the evaporator. Now you can use just the bracket to finish marking the top holes.
              1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                304 AMC
                • Jul 20, 2014

I know the line does not look level, but it is. Vintage says they want unit as level as possible, and I think we did a good job. This is after we drilled the holes.

1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                  304 AMC
                  • Jul 20, 2014

Ran the a/c lines just to make sure I could get to them and the blower motor would fit and it does.
                  1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                    304 AMC
                    • Jul 20, 2014

The lines are not crimped yet. This is the view with the blower motor removed.
                    1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                      304 AMC
                      • Jul 20, 2014

Still need to cut the firewall for the heater lines.
                      1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                        304 AMC
                        • Jul 20, 2014

Made a patch for the firewall today. Also drove out to Home Depot to get the correct length rivets, did the old self check out, grabbed for my wallet, nope left it at the house. One out of two sucks!
                        1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                          304 AMC
                          • Jul 20, 2014

1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                            304 AMC
                            • Jul 20, 2014

1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                              304 AMC
                              • Jul 20, 2014

Can someone remind me to get rivets tomorrow!!!!
                              1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Wagoneer Taylor
                                258 I6
                                • Dec 17, 2018

Get Rivets!

Yes I was the first to say it

Awesome work Full Size Jeeper, the AC is looking amazing and is slowly air convincing me to do it also
                                Some call me Taylor...

1977 Jeep Wagoneer (Wedding Wagon)
                                Pewter, Blue Interior, Original 401
                                PO swapped in a 360, soon to be a 401 again!
                                "Soon" is a relative term.
                                Cracked cylinder put a hurt on me + bad connecting rods.

Comment

Working...
                                X