78 Wagoneer, Building a driver! New Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Full Size Jeeper
    304 AMC
    • Jul 20, 2014

I mounted it to the left, but I might have to relocate it when we do the install on the after market air.
    1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
    Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
      304 AMC
      • Jul 20, 2014

Went to a local speed shop today to pick up a few A.N. fittings I needed for the fuel system. It's in Independence Louisiana.
      1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
      Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
        304 AMC
        • Jul 20, 2014

Also was able to get the pickup tube with the new fuel sock back in the tank. Installed the fuel pressure gauge and started running fuel line.
        1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
          304 AMC
          • Jul 20, 2014

1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
            304 AMC
            • Jul 20, 2014

Hope to have the tank, pump, and filters in tomorrow. Need to figure out where I'am going to mount all this stuff.
            1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
              304 AMC
              • Jul 20, 2014

Also picked up these plug wire protectors, did I really need them....NOPE, but had to have them.
              1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                304 AMC
                • Jul 20, 2014

The exhaust guy could not fit me in so I made up a little test pipe. o2 has to be around 6 inches after the four pipes come together and you need about 18 inches of pipe after the sensor. Once I get it running I'll send it over to the exhaust shop. Hoping to have it running for the weekend. Fingers crossed!!!!
                1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                  304 AMC
                  • Jul 20, 2014

(old sensor to protect the threads while welding in the bung.)
                  1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• SOLSAKS
                    304 AMC
                    • Jul 25, 2016

dang
                    more fine work from cajun country
                    we love this build
                    detailed and precise

I have those socks on my plug wires on a 69 charger with headman headers

I like them
                    and they have to be better for the boot to protect from heat,
                    as opposed to nothing.

dang fine wagoneer.

dave in NC
                    SOLSAKS - dave
                    1976 J-10 HONCHO Fleetside
                    1982 J-10 Fleetside
                    1988 grand wagoneer
                    2004 RUBICON jeep
                    Benson, NC

Comment

• Wagoneer Taylor
                      258 I6
                      • Dec 17, 2018

Ill say it again, Inspiring build going on here! Awesome stuff, that thing is going to be loud as heck with those straight pipes!

Cant wait to see more!
                      Some call me Taylor...

1977 Jeep Wagoneer (Wedding Wagon)
                      Pewter, Blue Interior, Original 401
                      PO swapped in a 360, soon to be a 401 again!
                      "Soon" is a relative term.
                      Cracked cylinder put a hurt on me + bad connecting rods.

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                        Administrator
                        • Oct 31, 2016

Originally posted by Full Size Jeeper
                        Hope to have the tank, pump, and filters in tomorrow. Need to figure out where I'am going to mount all this stuff.
                        After looking at a few other installs on this forum, I mounted mine above the trans cross member. I used electrical conduit brackets (they fit PERFECTLY around the pump with the insulating foam) and used rubber washers to isolate the brackets from the frame. When my pump is running (but the engine is not), I hear the swoosh of the fuel through the throttle body but do not hear the pump unless I am laying under my truck. The inlet of the fuel pump is about the half full mark on the fuel tank (I probably could have mounted it a little lower but didn't because I thought this was a good compromise between as low as possible to get siphoning out of the tank but upward to avoid smacking it on rocks/twigs). I used the existing wiring harness and conduit to run the power and ground line down to the pump. I installed my fuel pump relay on the firewall outboard the master cylinder. I am super happy with the install of my fuel pump so far.

Originally posted by Full Size Jeeper
                        ...I made up a little test pipe... Once I get it running I'll send it over to the exhaust shop. Hoping to have it running for the weekend. Fingers crossed!!!!
                        What?!?! Why?!? What's wrong with what you got there?! LOL! It's gonna sound like magic!!! Send us pics/vids/report on that first fire up! SOOOooo EXCITING!!!
                        Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                        (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                        (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                        79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                        (Cherokee Build Thread)
                        11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                        09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                        00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                          304 AMC
                          • Jul 20, 2014

Ran all the fuel lines today. Lots of room around the trans tunnel, so that is where we put them.
                          1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                            304 AMC
                            • Jul 20, 2014

Transmission tunnel back on.
                            1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                              304 AMC
                              • Jul 20, 2014

Tank going back in.
                              1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                                304 AMC
                                • Jul 20, 2014

Had to clamp the metal filler lines, had trouble getting the rubber lines on, this did the trick.
                                1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

Working...
                                X