• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1979bettywhite
    230 Tornado
    • Jun 26, 2017

New FSJ Added to the Family

So I have a new FSJ. I am new to the FSJ family, but not to the Jeep family. I also have a 79 CJ5. But, I am excited about the FSJ, as it will bring me into a new world with lots of potential opportunities that just can't be had with the CJ. Mainly not getting soaking wet in a rainstorm, and potential A/C for the GA summers. See the following pics. I think I got a good one. Following are the stats on the Cherk as well as the current list of to-dos to make it my own. I appreciate the forum so far as I have done hours of research etc. I am a regular on jeep-cj and jeepforum as well.

The Chief:

1978 Jeep Cherokee Chief WT - Sun Orange
    AMC 360 from an 1990 Grand Wagoneer
    TH400 and Quadratrac
    Dana 44s and 3.54s

To-Do's:

1. Rip out interior, make some repairs, modern-ish seats (but keep the old low buckets), new carpet, thorough cleaning.
    2. BDS 4" lift with all the fixins. Have the 2.5" on my CJ and enjoy that with the NT axles.
    3. New A/C. Have old system that is converted to r134a, but not blowing cold. Read that it is ok. But need cold air as I am hot natured and the GA summers are stifling.
    4. Cross country trip to CA next year? Camping inside and outside the Cherk? Doucumenting and fixing things along the way?
    5. Hopefully do everything myself with with the help of all the knowledgeable friends here.

Oh and I am posting my fist repair job in the tech section. And I need all the help I can get, lol. So go check it out!

• rscott2214
    230 Tornado
    • Apr 18, 2017

Welcome! What part of Georgia are you from? I live up near Blue Ridge and have a '79 Cherokee myself!

Comment

Working...
    X