Hi again and a question for current times(leaf springs source)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ClarkGriswald
    350 Buick
    • Jul 03, 2000

Hi again and a question for current times(leaf springs source)

April 3rd 2016.............. Hi again folks, just poppin in again with a question. 1979 wagoneer, I started driving it as a daily 2 weeks ago and have just today completed installing a new MSD ingition box and a MSD distro (with old gear) The mech advance wasnt even working on the old one and it was toasty toast.

A few weeks ago I put in a new powermaster alt to get her charging so now I am good to go as far as peace of mind driving it everyday early in the morn (I was fresh out of spare duraspark box's and have had enough of those).

On to my question. Years ago some of us forum members bought springs from ESPO springs and things. As I recall the front stock height springs were ok but the rears ended up being waggy saggy. Well I put a set of just rears on this 79 and it sagged right away and now is worse than the stocks were. I was in a drive thru the other day and felt like I was sitting in a recliner.

So for current suppliers and experience of the whole of IFSJA world, what would be the set of stock rear springs to buy right now that will stand up?? Im not building a trail rig or I would just lift it, I need to put my time/money into restoring the whole of the jeep not just one or two aspects. Body/frame/ect. I dont mind spending money on some good springs but I also dont think that more is better so just looking for a little guidance from the FSJ realm.

I have already cut out the rear fender flares, once I get it standing on some better back legs I'll be cutting out the fronts and making ALL floor pans including probably the rear cargo area (which also all ties into my now open holes where I can see the street thru the rear fender/body area hehe.

I know I can run 31's on it right now cause I was ripping around in the backyard last fall on some. Id like to try a set of 265/75/16's on there (about 31.66") I have a set and maybe theres some rim off a chevy that would mount em for a test (junkyard).

Anyway thanks for any kicks in the pants on where I can get a set of good rear leaf springs that will live thru the winterized screened in porch that is a wagoneer's dorsal region.
    88 Rusting mound
    79 Rusting mound
  • babywag
    out of order
    • Jun 08, 2005

Hellcreek suspension or BJ's Offroad both have stock height or lift springs.

Since they're new-ish, why not install a pair of long add-a-leafs under the main leaf on each spring?
    Lots cheaper, and should net you ~2". It's worked for me in the past.
    Tony
    88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

Working...
    X