• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gwinn
    360 AMC
    • Nov 05, 2001

AZFSJC January Trail Ride--Crown King

Date and Time: Saturday, January 22, 2005. 8:00am

Trail: Backway to Crown King (northwest of Phoenix)

Meeting Place: Intersection of Castle Hot Springs Rd and Hwy 74 (Carefree Hwy). Castle Hot Springs Road is the road that goes to the west side of Lake Pleasant. This road actually intersects with Hwy 74 in 2 places. Our meeting spot is the further east intersection near Lake Pleasant.

This is an intermediate trail. Enough lift to accomodate 31" all terrain tires or more is recommended. The rocks can be unforgiving so be sure you have at least one good spare tire. Also be sure that your vehicle is in good running condition. Murphy's Law seems to prevail on this trail.

This trip can easily turn into an all day thing. It begins near Lake Pleasant and ends at the town of Crown King. There is a maintained gravel road which we will be leaving Crown King on that runs down to the Bumblebee exit of I-17 near Black Canyon City.

Be sure to fill up with gas before arriving at the meeting spot. There are gas stations at the intersection of I-17 and Hwy 74, along 99th Ave in Peoria, and in Wickenburg for those coming from the west.

Trip Roster:

gwinn
    will e

[ January 19, 2005, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: gwinn ]
    1983 Cherokee Laredo "Gus"

• will e
    Always Broke
    • Nov 16, 2001

Excellent! Count me in.
    82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• Rockmedic
      232 I6
      • Oct 04, 2004

Im looking forword to this trip, but Uncle Sam may be putting his dirty littlt money grabers in my pockets pretty deep this month. With any luck I might have a few extra $$ to go.
      Im not possitive but Kevin will prob. not make this one eather. Last I heard he was going to save up for a trip to MOAB....

Comment

• gwinn
        360 AMC
        • Nov 05, 2001

Originally posted by Rockmedic:
        Im looking forword to this trip, but Uncle Sam may be putting his dirty littlt money grabers in my pockets pretty deep this month. With any luck I might have a few extra $$ to go.
        Im not possitive but Kevin will prob. not make this one eather. Last I heard he was going to save up for a trip to MOAB....
        I hope you can make it Jim. I'm not ready to pay Uncle Sam yet, but Uncle AMC just cleaned out my wallet and maxed my VISA (it was almost there already). I won't be making it to Moab this year . I'm still planning to make it out to Ouray in July. Hope to see ya at the Crown King trip.

[ January 09, 2005, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: gwinn ]

Comment

• Rockmedic
          232 I6
          • Oct 04, 2004

Its not looking to good for the trip. Hope every one has a fun and safe day. Hope to make the next one. See all later.

Comment

• fulmetal
            258 I6
            • Apr 13, 2000

Count me in! That trail is always FUN
            84 Grand Wag<br />360, soa, headers,custom rear shackle flip<br />35 MT\'s,Mobi on board welder,12V air, Winch <br />\"and the to do list grows daily\"

Comment

• will e
              Always Broke
              • Nov 16, 2001

fulmetal. Good too see you plan to join us! Always good when someone brings their portable shop along with them. [img]smile.gif[/img]
              82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• fulmetal
                258 I6
                • Apr 13, 2000

I am soooo! bumbed. it is looking like I have a mandatory work weekend.): We are in the middle of lighting these units off and I have to be here. Hope you all have a safe trip, take plenty of pivtures
                84 Grand Wag<br />360, soa, headers,custom rear shackle flip<br />35 MT\'s,Mobi on board welder,12V air, Winch <br />\"and the to do list grows daily\"

Comment

• will e
                  Always Broke
                  • Nov 16, 2001

Tom, what CB channel should I look for you on?

Did you see the email from the guy in flagstaff who might join us?

Comment

• will e
                    Always Broke
                    • Nov 16, 2001

Tom, I will meet you at 7:30

I'll be at the intersection of
                    &gt;Highway 74 and I-17 at about 7:30 if you want to meet
                    &gt;me at the gravel lot on the southeast corner of that
                    &gt;intersection.

Comment

• gwinn
                      360 AMC
                      • Nov 05, 2001

Sounds like a plan. CB Ch4.

Comment

• will e
                        Always Broke
                        • Nov 16, 2001

All right. Looks like it is just you and me amigo. Those suckers won't know what they are missing! We will take lots of pics for them to drool over. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

• will e
                          Always Broke
                          • Nov 16, 2001

oh yeah. Forgot to mention. I have the Asia Ribs ready to go. We can heat them up for lunch. CHeese crisps too. See you there!

Comment

• will e
                            Always Broke
                            • Nov 16, 2001

Tom, I am gonna head out in about 15 minutes. See you there. No word from Bruce so I assume at this time it is just you and me.

Comment

• gwinn
                              360 AMC
                              • Nov 05, 2001

I'll be rolling out soon. I talked to a guy who ran Crown King a few weeks ago and he said they had to use planks to support them on one of the ledges. Icy!!! Should be melted now.

[ January 22, 2005, 06:26 AM: Message edited by: gwinn ]

Comment

Working...
                              X