• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPSwapMohn
    304 AMC
    • May 01, 2004

Sirius

outlaw country and willies roadhouse get most of my road listening. of course, it would help if the radio in my mutt was working or if the j10 ever had one installed..
    One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.

88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, F150 fuel cell, discs, J20 axles, Truetrac & Grizzly, 3.73
    http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS
    95YJ, STaK 300, D44's, SOA, ARB's, 4.56s, Bilsteins, 35" KM2's
    50 CJ3A
    77 J-10, 360/T-18/D20, SOLD

Comment

• Tinkerjeep
      Banned
      • Mar 01, 2009

To tell you the truth...I can't even hear the stereos in any of my Jeeps when I'm driving...tires and wind noise overpower them. I wish the mellow yet powerful baritone bellow of a healthy V8 could be heard over the howling tires and whistling, buffeting wind...but alas, 'tis not to be.

Comment

• DarkMonohue
        Shakes hands with danger
        • Jul 01, 2012

Originally posted by Tinkerjeep
        I'd pay almost anything for a can of NOS radio stations for a 1978-1987 FSJ stereo.
        No way. No way! Eight hours after I drop a line in the water for factory radio presets, you're suddenly in the market?

<--- that's my indignant face right there.

Rruuuuuuuuude, hoss. And hardly sporting, considering you can't even hear the radio anyway.
        '85 J20 Old Man Truck, bought @ 65K miles - not great, but better than walking.
        Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association
        High quality junk here: intro thread and slow build thread

Did you know? Willys is just Willis spelled differently, but pronounced the same. Neither Willy nor his apostrophe are involved.

Comment

• Tinkerjeep
          Banned
          • Mar 01, 2009

Yeah...okay. I don't think I even read your...whatever that was you linked to.

so If I get any hits...You don't want me to split them with you? Or you do?

You mad, bro?

I actually thought is was a really absurd/ slightly funny thing to ask for, along similar lines as original duct tape, new car smell, and OEM tire air.

I just wanted to see how long it would be allowed to go before someone got bent outta shape about the subject/me being in here, considering my apparent attitude regarding "prissy" resto nuts.

Not long, I guess.

Comment

Some day I plan to put a working radio in my Comanche. It was stolen from the lot where I bought it and I just never got around tuit. I have an old ghettoblaster that I wired to plug into my cig lighter.
            Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• DarkMonohue
              Shakes hands with danger
              • Jul 01, 2012

You mad, bro?
              No, no. I'm just giving you a hard time because you are pretending to look for the same thing I was pretending to look for. It was a joke.

I actually thought is was a really absurd/ slightly funny thing to ask for, along similar lines as original duct tape, new car smell, and OEM tire air.
              Roger that. In the thread I linked to, I was asking for recommendations on what broom to use to sweep the junk out of the bed of my truck. We are on the same page.

so If I get any hits...You don't want me to split them with you? Or you do?
              I guess that depends. Please let me know if you score any decent rock or old-school country hits, but you can hang on to the Top 40 stuff. Not much call for that, I guess, and it doesn't age real well.
              '85 J20 Old Man Truck, bought @ 65K miles - not great, but better than walking.
              High quality junk here: intro thread and slow build thread

Did you know? Willys is just Willis spelled differently, but pronounced the same. Neither Willy nor his apostrophe are involved.

Comment

• Ristow
                • Jan 20, 2006

do i need to add a "make up room" sub forum for you two? this is somehow reminding me of the pina colada song....
                Originally posted by Hankrod
                Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
                ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
                I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• vacaisle
                  snide. snarky. grease covered.
                  • Mar 18, 2013

Yeah. That's it! Dark, tink, you guys are both out of here.
                  89 Grand Wagoneer
                  145,000 miles, TFI, MSD 6a

Comment

• Tinkerjeep
                    Banned
                    • Mar 01, 2009

Originally posted by DarkMonohue
                    No, no. I'm just giving you a hard time because you are pretending to look for the same thing I was pretending to look for. It was a joke.

Roger that. In the thread I linked to, I was asking for recommendations on what broom to use to sweep the junk out of the bed of my truck. We are on the same page.

I guess that depends. Please let me know if you score any decent rock or old-school country hits, but you can hang on to the Top 40 stuff. Not much call for that, I guess, and it doesn't age real well.
                    Ah Gotcha. I thought you were like really POed cuz I stole your joke.

I remembered something about the broom thing...but I sure didn't remember any radio preset line when I posted my request for classic radio stations.

Any way. Yeah - I do miss some of the older 1970s/80s radio content, basically because I miss that era. I was a kid in 1979 when my dad bought our first J20 in L.A. California. His co-workers at Carnation thought it was overkill. They didn't know that fulltime 4WD was a really good idea for the snowy Winters we were heading into when we moved 1,200 miles Northeast about 3 months later. The world seemed big and open back then. During the 1980s I grew to like various musical styles, though didn't get to listen to them much, because mostly all the stations in our area had "both kinds of music" : "Country and Western". I can get some classic rock on a station based 100 miles away, but little I really like...mostly Led Zepplin, ACDC, which is fine, but gets old when they only play the same 2 songs of each group every 8 hours.
                    What's on the radio now? Mindless Soulless dancey-pop, Country-pop, and angst-ridden screaming rock. I really don't get "Dubstep" on the radio near me. I do listen to Christian and Talk radio too, though. Go figure.

Comment

• Tinkerjeep
                      Banned
                      • Mar 01, 2009

Originally posted by vacaisle
                      Yeah. That's it! Dark, tink, you guys are both out of here.
                      Calm your pigtails, girl. I think we're all good here.

Comment

• Strode
                        1st Chair, Cowbell
                        • Nov 08, 2011

... I thought you were like really POed cuz I stole your joke...
                        Some people are really touchy about that.
                        Brad
                        (*Allowed to post while failed 'I am not a Bot' test results are under appeal)

My build thread: 1982 Cherokee Laredo

Ristow's Bunker

Comment

• vacaisle
                          • Mar 18, 2013

Originally posted by Ristow
                          do i need to add a "make up room" sub forum for you two? this is somehow reminding me of the pina colada song....
                          Maybe he should make a make out room instead.
                          89 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

• Tinkerjeep
                            Banned
                            • Mar 01, 2009

Some people are just touchy...but once they get to know (and be known by) others that sort of goes away.

No biggie.

Comment

• Tinkerjeep
                              Banned
                              • Mar 01, 2009

Originally posted by vacaisle
                              Maybe he should make a make out room instead.
                              Same thing isn't it?

Comment

• vacaisle
                                • Mar 18, 2013

Same thing isn't it?
                                You just hug in the make up room.
                                89 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

Working...