• ls3waggy
      232 I6
      • Dec 01, 2014

Speed hut gauges wired up!

Comment

• Gadzooks2
        232 I6
        • Sep 19, 2006

That jeep is incredible and the workmanship is So impressive. Not thrilled about the transfer case heater but time will tell if it's even an issue. Top work Mate..
        78' J-9, 96' XJ

Comment

• ls3waggy
          232 I6
          • Dec 01, 2014

Originally posted by Gadzooks2
          That jeep is incredible and the workmanship is So impressive. Not thrilled about the transfer case heater but time will tell if it's even an issue. Top work Mate..
          Apparently this is the updated np242 that doesn't have any issues. But I guess I'll find out haha.

Comment

• ls3waggy
            232 I6
            • Dec 01, 2014

Finally got around to molding the gauge cluster in. It's definitely not perfect, but it'll work!

2016-10-17_08-07-16 by Jimmy Casey Photography, on Flickr

2016-10-17_08-11-43 by Jimmy Casey Photography, on Flickr

2016-10-17_08-11-10 by Jimmy Casey Photography, on Flickr

Comment

• yossarian19
              258 I6
              • Nov 13, 2016

I'm reminded of the Ferris Bueller's Day Off line, "...If you have the means, I highly suggest you pick one up"

Beautiful build - really just gorgeous top of the line goodness all the way around.

What did you wind up doing with the driveshafts? Any recollection of how much they had to be lengthened / shortened?

Comment

• x98boardwell
                232 I6
                • Aug 21, 2014

Questions

Love the project and great job!!! I am currently involved in a similar swap.. 01' Corvette LS motor mated to a 4L60E into my 84' Grand Waggy

Questions:
                - Which headers are those?
                - On my stock manifolds from the corvette (which won't work) there is a bung for O2 sensors and also a hole on both sides where a hose connects to it. Do you have these on those headers or did you connect O2's after the header on the collectors?
                - What tank is that from? I am using Novak Adapt fuel pump which sits inside my stock plastic tank and they say I shouldn't have any issues even though it isn't baffled like the newer ones. Any thoughts here? Was your tank like mine that I'm referencing?

Even though your frame is older it looks exactly the same to my frame which just arrived back from powder coat.

Thanks for any help and again... Great Work!!

Bryan

Comment

• ls3waggy
                  232 I6
                  • Dec 01, 2014

Originally posted by x98boardwell
                  Love the project and great job!!! I am currently involved in a similar swap.. 01' Corvette LS motor mated to a 4L60E into my 84' Grand Waggy

Questions:
                  - Which headers are those?
                  - On my stock manifolds from the corvette (which won't work) there is a bung for O2 sensors and also a hole on both sides where a hose connects to it. Do you have these on those headers or did you connect O2's after the header on the collectors?
                  - What tank is that from? I am using Novak Adapt fuel pump which sits inside my stock plastic tank and they say I shouldn't have any issues even though it isn't baffled like the newer ones. Any thoughts here? Was your tank like mine that I'm referencing?

Even though your frame is older it looks exactly the same to my frame which just arrived back from powder coat.

Thanks for any help and again... Great Work!!

Bryan
                  The manifolds that are on it currently are from a 5th Gen camaro I believe, the O2 sensors are mounted in the mid pipes before and after the cats.

I am using a 2000 Chevy Blazer tank with a stock blazer bucket and a racetronix kit. That was the only thing that was available a few years ago when I started this project, or I would've kept the tank in the stock location.

Thanks for all the kind words!!

Comment

• x98boardwell
                    232 I6
                    • Aug 21, 2014

Thank you!

Thanks for all the info. Could you possibly take a photo of the fitment of manifolds so I can see and also confirm where they are from? I am looking to order these soon so that would help tremendously if it's not too much trouble.

I also am using the Novak Adapt motor mounts and just received the frame back from Powder Coat so hoping to mate the transmission and TC up soon.

Great looking project!

Regards,
                    Bryan

Comment

• yossarian19
                      258 I6
                      • Nov 13, 2016

Just to put it out there for anyone else reading, Holley sells a product called hydra-mat or some such. It's basically a big high-tech fabric pad you stuff into the tank & attach the fuel pickup to. Prevents it from sucking air - it always pulls gas from the pad (which soaks it up) and makes baffling a non issue.

Comment

• ls3waggy
                        232 I6
                        • Dec 01, 2014

That is what I was originally going to do ^ but I didn't want to modify the stock tank. They work very well.

Comment

• x98boardwell
                          232 I6
                          • Aug 21, 2014

manifolds

LS3waggy, did you happen to see my question above the last comment? Curious if you have any additional information or confirmation that they were Gen V manifolds. Also, did you change the water pump at all from your motor? I was thinking of changing my corvette water pump but it seems like it should work fine for our application.

Thanks for any help. I'm hoping to pull the trigger on these manifolds in the next day or two if possible then will have them ceramic coated once I confirm fitment.

Comment

• ls3waggy
                            232 I6
                            • Dec 01, 2014

LS3waggy, did you happen to see my question above the last comment? Curious if you have any additional information or confirmation that they were Gen V manifolds. Also, did you change the water pump at all from your motor? I was thinking of changing my corvette water pump but it seems like it should work fine for our application.

Thanks for any help. I'm hoping to pull the trigger on these manifolds in the next day or two if possible then will have them ceramic coated once I confirm fitment.
                            Hey man sorry about that, I took a few pictures meaning to get back to you but I've been swamped.

Here's how they fit
                            IMG_20170111_154000 by Jimmy Casey Photography, on Flickr

The frame has about 1/4-1/2" of room between the manifold here
                            IMG_20170111_154010 by Jimmy Casey Photography, on Flickr

IMG_20170111_154026 by Jimmy Casey Photography, on Flickr

Comment

• x98boardwell
                              232 I6
                              • Aug 21, 2014

Great!

Thanks for the pics ls3waggy.

One more question, did you keep the A/C Compressor down low on the passenger side? It appears to be in your pics. When I set the motor in last night for the first time it seemed that the motor mount was too close in order for me to hook up the A/C lines which hook to the rear of the compressor. This motor was out of an 01' Corvette so unsure if I need a different style compressor or need to relocate..? Also, are you using middle motor mount holes as well from the Novak-Adapt mounts?

Any help on this is appreciated!!

Thanks again,
                              Bryan

Comment

• ls3waggy
                                232 I6
                                • Dec 01, 2014

Thanks for the pics ls3waggy.

One more question, did you keep the A/C Compressor down low on the passenger side? It appears to be in your pics. When I set the motor in last night for the first time it seemed that the motor mount was too close in order for me to hook up the A/C lines which hook to the rear of the compressor. This motor was out of an 01' Corvette so unsure if I need a different style compressor or need to relocate..? Also, are you using middle motor mount holes as well from the Novak-Adapt mounts?

Any help on this is appreciated!!

Thanks again,
                                Bryan
                                I'm mounting my compressor down low like you said, but I have a sanden compressor for the vintage air so our cases might be a bit different. The lines are close but they should clear.

And I'm also using the middle holes.

Comment

Working...
                                X