• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rayray311
    232 I6
    • Jun 21, 2017

Best Way/Place to Sell my 88 GW

I love my 88 GW but shes draining my bank account. My commute is 40 miles round trip daily. I need to switch to a more affordable ride unfortunately.

Where have most people sold theirs? Craigslist?

Anyone ever use Ebay and have any suggestions, Dos and Donts etc.

Thanks All

• Ristow
    • Jan 20, 2006

no way id do ebay. craigslist works. either one is full of idiots but at least craigslist doesn't take a cut and let them file a complaint against you.
    Originally posted by Hankrod
    Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
    ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
    I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• Danbert
      327 Rambler
      • May 23, 2006

What are the details and price?

Danbert
      '83 Wagoneer LTD.
      Vacuum elimated Dana front axle
      Building stereo, window tint, roof rack, light bar, and other projects currently underway

Comment

• rayray311
        232 I6
        • Jun 21, 2017

Sounds like you have experience with eBay.... Explain that negative experience better.

Originally posted by Ristow
        no way id do ebay. craigslist works. either one is full of idiots but at least craigslist doesn't take a cut and let them file a complaint against you.

Comment

• rayray311
          232 I6
          • Jun 21, 2017

I haven't decided on price yet. This Jeep has been heavily modified etc.
          I need to put together everything and figure it out.
          Originally posted by Danbert
          What are the details and price?

Danbert

Comment

• ShagWagon
            350 Buick
            • Apr 10, 2016

Post up for trade on a greener car. Someone will want to trade a Subaru or something for it.
            87 GW- Fitech EFI,Fitech FCC,Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift,BFG AT KO2 30",Dynamax muffler,MSD distributor,MSD 6al box,Blaster2 coil,ACCEL 8mm,.045 gap,Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake,Elgin perf cam,HD alum radiator,Powermaster 150alt,Alum HD H2O pump,Serhills tailgate harness,Cowl screen mod,Evil Twin grab handles,Rstep's custom AMC lock knobs

Comment

• rayray311
              232 I6
              • Jun 21, 2017

Ive owned 3 Xjs and this baby...I love Jeeps..but I need a change...and Ive always eyed the old 4runners. Im going to check out a 2000 4runner SR5....not amazing mileage but still better... double of this beast

Originally posted by ShagWagon
              Post up for trade on a greener car. Someone will want to trade a Subaru or something for it.
              Last edited by rayray311; 05-23-2018, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                Administrator
                • Oct 31, 2016

I use Craigslist almost always. I have sold on ebay several times and it works ok (Sold a 57 VW Baja Bug to a guy in the United Arab Emirates via ebay a few years, among other cars). Just make sure you read about their fees (it can get REALLY pricey to sell on ebay if you don't pay attention). Collector Car Trader works too, but again, it's like $50 or something like that.

My vote is for craigslist. Especially considering how many folks around PacNorWest drive those rigs.
                Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                (Cherokee Build Thread)
                11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• rayray311
                  232 I6
                  • Jun 21, 2017

Thanks bud....I was wondering if it was worth it top put it on somewhere that has more of a national viewing rather that just a local CL ad.

Originally posted by rang-a-stang
                  I use Craigslist almost always. I have sold on ebay several times and it works ok (Sold a 57 VW Baja Bug to a guy in the United Arab Emirates via ebay a few years, among other cars). Just make sure you read about their fees (it can get REALLY pricey to sell on ebay if you don't pay attention). Collector Car Trader works too, but again, it's like $50 or something like that.

My vote is for craigslist. Especially considering how many folks around PacNorWest drive those rigs.

Comment

• letank
                    AMC 4 OH! 1
                    • Jun 03, 2002

CL, is probaby less of a headache, until you figure out the payment,cash rules, so you need some buddies to prevent unfortunate events

The runners are not really gas sippers either

My DD is a 86 carbed honda civic, the carb is a weird contraption, but it runs, avoid auto trans. After 91-92 there are a bit better with EFI.
                    Last edited by letank; 05-29-2018, 01:01 PM.
                    Michel
                    74 wag, 349Kmiles on original ticker/trany, except for the rust. Will it make it to the next get together without a rebuilt? Status: needs a new body.
                    85 Gwag, 229 Kmiles. $250 FSJ test lab since 02, that refuses to give up but still leaks.

Comment

• brubakes
                      350 Buick
                      • Jun 25, 2009

I put my 87 J20 on JeepTruck.com years ago and got a ton of interest.
                      FSJless.... for now....

Comment

• itselliot
                        350 Buick
                        • Aug 28, 2010

check out BringATrailer.com may not be for you but ...well, take a look and have another option.
                        If the PM's are full,...try e mail!
                        [email protected]
                        616 four 03 44 0 five
                        '78 J-20 401 Q/T not quite stock anymore....Frame off Resto Mod..Super Cab nearing completion. SOMEDAY
                        "90 GW 360/727/229/3:31s 2" lift (SOLD in 2015)
                        '78 CJ7 Built from Scratch over a 7 year span.

Comment

• letank
                          AMC 4 OH! 1
                          • Jun 03, 2002

depending on funds, and negociating skills, you can get a bargain on electric cars such as the bimmer i3, or whatever is the name of their electric ugly little bean for as low as $114/mo. Need to find the article, basically it is the price that the dealer can expecy of the value at the end of the lease, no one is buying them, the price is dumped to clear the lot, one guy " leased one for $54", was the title of the article! or buy an electric car for less than the price of a monthly metro pass

Michel
                          74 wag, 349Kmiles on original ticker/trany, except for the rust. Will it make it to the next get together without a rebuilt? Status: needs a new body.
                          85 Gwag, 229 Kmiles. $250 FSJ test lab since 02, that refuses to give up but still leaks.

Comment

• letank
                            AMC 4 OH! 1
                            • Jun 03, 2002

adding another link -no commercial interests for me or anyone that I know- I never leased a vehicle, the last new vehicle I purchased was in 1986....

Also 40miles round trip commute keeps you right below the 10kmiles yearly allowance

this is a year old link April 2017, but it gives us the ideas of rebates and state incentives. Including applying to AARP!

Lease program valid through May 31st, 2017. I admit the title sounds almost too click-baity. But just carry on reading. I based this post on what is available in California, if you happen to not live in California, please post if theres any incentives in your state. Also, I copied bits and pieces from a previous i3 deal on the main page so be prepared to see a lot of similar text. No, you’re not going to walk into the dealer and ask for a $130-140 per month deal, because the dealer likely doesn...

the first paragraph

I admit the title sounds almost too click-baity. But just carry on reading. I based this post on what is available in California, if you happen to not live in California, please post if theres any incentives in your state. Also, I copied bits and pieces from a previous i3 deal on the main page so be prepared to see a lot of similar text.
                            No, you’re not going to walk into the dealer and ask for a $130-140 per month deal, because the dealer likely doesn’t know it’s possible. Rather, you should discuss numbers with dealers to first establish the selling price of the vehicle. Then, once you’ve decided on a dealer, apply clever strategies and targeted incentives to bring the lease payment down. Do not mention what you qualify for right off the bat, no BMW dealership is going to want to let a car go for $130-140 a month.
                            Last edited by letank; 06-02-2018, 06:13 AM.
                            Michel

Comment

Working...
                            X