• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 91G-Dub
    360 AMC
    • Aug 21, 2004

MidAtlantic Full Size Jeep Club 2009 Jeep-In

Well folks, here we go again.
    The Charter Members and Members have voted for the dates for this years MidAtlantic Full Size Jeep-In.
    This will be our 5th annual Jeep-In, that's a real milestone for any Jeep Club. 5 years and still growing strong. What started out as just a simple meet-and greet to bring some Full Size Jeep folks together to show off their rides turned into a weekend of off-roading and camping 5 years ago. 7 Full Size Jeeps showed up and became the Charter Members of the MidAtlantic Full Size Jeep Club. Since then we have grown to over 50 Members and Honorary Members. Between us we own over 75 Full Size Jeeps and the number continues to grow. We host a number of events each year including our Snow-Ball Fun Run, Spring & Fall Flings and of course our Jeep-In. Many of our FSJs have been featured in magazine articles and 2 were even selected as the centerpiece of a Kohl's advertising promotion. A few of our club events have been featured in Jeep magazine articles as well.
    This years Jeep-In will be held at the Wharton State Forest in the Pine Barrens of New Jersey. There will be something for everyone from mild to wild wheeling, camping at Atsion and of course our famous Pot-Luck Dinner.
    The vote for this year's event was 5 for July and 4 for August. The dates are Friday/Saturday/Sunday July 24th through 26th. Come for the whole weekend or just a day trip.
    If you need information about the Pine barrens or camping please go to:
    http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/wharton.html

As always we charge no fees for any of our events and no membership dues.
    91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running
    1991 Grand Wagoneer Gray Ghost (bone stock) STATUS Gone but not forgotten

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    It is its natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson
  • Battle_Wagon_NJ
    327 Rambler
    • Jun 08, 2005

I made my campground reservation today. The woman said there weren't many sites taken for that weekend yet, but 4 and 6 were! So I have 8. If anyone wants to share it, let me know. Either way, hope the place fills up with FSJ's. I haven't seen some of our crew in a long time.
    Last edited by Battle_Wagon_NJ; 07-08-2009, 07:51 PM.
    1986 Grand Wagoneer, HEI, 4" spring lift, 31" BFG tires, vintage warn winch, 100k mi (mint when I bought it in 2001, now - not so much!)
    The Jeep Grand Wagoneer - Someone you know used to drive one of these. Ask me about Mid-Atlantic Full Size Jeep Club events.

Comment

• Battle_Wagon_NJ
      327 Rambler
      • Jun 08, 2005

<Crickets>

Bump. Less than a week away!
      1986 Grand Wagoneer, HEI, 4" spring lift, 31" BFG tires, vintage warn winch, 100k mi (mint when I bought it in 2001, now - not so much!)
      The Jeep Grand Wagoneer - Someone you know used to drive one of these. Ask me about Mid-Atlantic Full Size Jeep Club events.

Comment

• arter
        327 Rambler
        • Jan 07, 2001

I'll be heading back up from NC that weekend, sorry. Hate missing it being just down the road...
        M715NT; TBI 401, 400, 1339, 44's, 4.10's, ARB's, 35's, wag frame

Comment

• Headhoncho
          AMC 4 OH! 1
          • Oct 11, 2006

I'll be there most likely Sat AM with bells on.

JR
          [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
          1966 mustang fastback
          '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• pineymike
            327 Rambler
            • Feb 22, 2008

I'll be there fri/sat/sun?

Comment

• Battle_Wagon_NJ
              327 Rambler
              • Jun 08, 2005

Great weekend once again. I posted my videos and pics up in General Disscussion. There's not many. I guess we weren't very photogenic this weekend.

Glad my reptile grabbing streak continues. Four years studying natural resource mangaement in college and my mom must be so proud. At least frogs don't bite!

Comment

• Headhoncho
                AMC 4 OH! 1
                • Oct 11, 2006

Originally posted by Battle_Wagon_NJ
                Great weekend once again. I posted my videos and pics up in General Disscussion. There's not many. I guess we weren't very photogenic this weekend.

Glad my reptile grabbing streak continues. Four years studying natural resource mangaement in college and my mom must be so proud. At least frogs don't bite!
                Thanks again. I know of one 9 year old that's glad school payed off for ya.

JR
                [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
                1966 mustang fastback
                '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• Battle_Wagon_NJ
                  327 Rambler
                  • Jun 08, 2005

Down in the North East section I posted some info on the Leonid Meteor shower, as we discussed. Check it out.

Comment

Working...
                  X